Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Just a little life advice. If you're not a little kid and still follow wrestling, you should keep that a secret, or anyone who finds out will instantly lose all respect for you. Here's a trick you can use: If you're watching wrestling on TV and someone walks in on you, you can say "Oh I was just admiring the muscular bodies of those sweaty near naked men" then change the channel and make a comment about how dumb wrestling is. Anyone else have any tips?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
I think geography would alter both the perception and response. For example, if you were in the deep south US I imagine you would get beaten up in your scenario for a) not liking wrestling and b) ogling muscly dudes for the sake of ogling muscly dudes.

Svdl
May 9, 2006

Around the world
actually wrestling is art and there is nothing wrong with appreciating art.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I feel the same way but about movies and music. If I want to hear sounds I'll open a window. And movies and tv shows are all fake; just lol if people express any emotion over a movie. Pffffft

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
If someone were to catch me I would say "no I don't like wrestling, I thought these guys were going to bang" that way I'm not embarrassed about what I actually like (dudes banging)

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

does anyone else watch wrestling with a diamond-hard erection? i blame the intense adrenaline of all the action

Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

Yea, and I say unto you, bringeth me a machiatto of caramel, with crickets on top.
I'm an overweight 30-something year old that roleplays his favorite wrestlers in youtube comment sections

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I watch wrestling and enjoy it. Why be weird and ashamed about doing or liking things, it seems like an unnecessarily stressful way to live.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

BONE-SAW IS REEEEEEEAAADYYYYYYY

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
not liking wrestling is very 2007

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

this me when i watch wrestling

oblique
Sep 20, 2001

Like me, they have no way to go but up.
wrestling is my favorite thing in the world

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

P-Mack posted:

I watch wrestling and enjoy it. Why be weird and ashamed about doing or liking things, it seems like an unnecessarily stressful way to live.

it's just how it has to be

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I only watch YouTube vids of amateur wrestling. Greco roman wrestling to be more specific. It's the purest sport imo

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
hey op, protip:

women's wrestling is cool

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
It's really a waste of time and energy to spend even one second being ashamed of something that brings you joy.

Unless that thing is wrestling, of course.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

My sister is really into wrestling so I end up watching a fair bit when I'm back home, and I gotta tell you, the miz loving sucks

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
muay thai is fun to watch, but I'll admit that I also have a thing for asian men.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i like the muscle babes

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Zelder posted:

My sister is really into wrestling so I end up watching a fair bit when I'm back home, and I gotta tell you, the miz loving sucks

protip, the miz loving sucked way back in the old times when he was on the real world or road rules or whatever the gently caress it was on mtv

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
i'm 200 and 0 on owning peoples threads and....*goldberg voice* YOU'RE NEXT

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i prefer to watch DOTA, OP.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

You can enjoy wrestling and a lot of other things (even anime) and people will treat you normal as long as you aren't a weirdo about it.

Ways to be a weirdo about your interests

1) never stop talking about it to people who don't care
2) pretend you know nothing about it and hide it as if it is your greatest shame

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i only follow 80s and early 90s pro wrestling

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
actually op it's cool and good to find joy in life
I hope you find something you enjoy and you're not ashamed of :)

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

gary oldmans diary posted:

i only follow 80s and early 90s pro wrestling

but how can you follow what already happened? :agesilaus:

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Here comes THE SHOCKMASTER

https://youtu.be/p7Q4EVpIFIk

What a way to start your career...

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
in many ways wrestlings great op and most people who like wrestling are pretty cool people even if we are profoundly retarded

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

protip, the miz loving sucked way back in the old times when he was on the real world or road rules or whatever the gently caress it was on mtv

He sucks so goddamn bad!

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I'm sorry you can't understand the awesomeness of wrestling.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Wrestling is classy and good

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

gently caress you op I'll do what I want

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

This is now a wrestling gifs thread

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
i once watched an interview with that wrestler goldberg and you know what he said? it is for the kids OP, it is for the KIDS

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
OP has some good points. Except that while professional wrestling is dumb, people who enjoy wrestling are cool and good.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Bogus Adventure posted:

This is now a wrestling gifs thread

yes please
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYAjr1DBe9g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
sum1 post the vid of the snake charmer guys who hypnotize their enemies and destroy them. thanks

• Locked thread