Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what is best in optimizer pipeline
value numbering
code motion
peepholing
loop idiom recognition
legalization
thread gassing
op banning
View Results

• Locked thread
Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

rjmccall posted:

arguments good, phi nodes bad

what are phi nodes? why are they bad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

good and clear explanation 👍

thanks

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Phobeste posted:

how long before the embedded world gets first class cortex m-4 and subsequent support for building from llvm. also how long until i can stop having to loving compile cross compilers. these questions are probably linked

there is a demo for Rust on Cortex M-4 so I'm going to assume llvm already supports it
https://github.com/antoinealb/rust-demo-cortex-m4

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
how does incremental compilation work? what are the different approaches? are there any really good examples out there?

in my mind it's just having a dictionary of AST nodes and binary code but i don't really know.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

rjmccall posted:

the apple arm64 abi is actually very close to arm's. the major difference is the variadic calling convention. my understanding is that arm was considering using our rule but ultimately backed off because they got tired of chasing down the bugs it was exposing. i remember a lot of grumbling within apple, too, but it's just such a superior way of doing varargs that we decided to persevere

how complex can a variadic calling convention be? and why would it be exposing bugs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

gonadic io posted:

Currently working in Scala, it is by FAR '_'

what does it do?

• Locked thread