Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what is best in optimizer pipeline
value numbering
code motion
peepholing
loop idiom recognition
legalization
thread gassing
op banning
View Results

• Locked thread
Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

rjmccall posted:

yeah, eabi is a lot better, as is the abi we use for the watch

the watch has its own abi ?

(as a related matter: does the touchbar run the same OS as the watch?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

The Management posted:

what do you mean when you say "the same OS"?

well it didn't dawn on me until you guys brought it up that they would be anything but ios

since you are using a non-ios 32 bit abi, does that mean the whole system is 32 bit? is there a 32 bit kernel shared between watchos and ... whatever runs on the touchbar embedded thing?

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Silver Alicorn posted:

c/++ are supposed to compile down to asm in a very direct manner. if you want higher level functionality, you need to look elsewhere

lol

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Silver Alicorn posted:

that’s the kind of thinking that gets you systems so bloated they can’t even run on a calculator

a modern hand calculator has an arm chip and gobs of ram

you could run java just fine if you wanted to

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Volmarias posted:

I would like to write a toy compiler (or even just an interpreter for a toy language) but not want to have to read 10,000 pages first. Where should I realistically start?

for specifically compilers i am fond of the lcc book

https://sites.google.com/site/lccretargetablecompiler/

• Locked thread