Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

AceOfFlames posted:

So are these guys being hijacked or not by the far right? I dunno who to root for here.
The feeling I get, looking at it from the next country over, is that the movement's wholly emergent from social networks and decentralized, which is why they've resisted both hijacking by the usual political actors (despite a bunch of them trying) and the government's attempts to mollify them. But since it's so unprecedented in recent history it's also a good environment for all kinds of disinformation to thrive as reporters don't have the right tools to understand how the whole thing came to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Yeah, he's "a good one" mainly because he wasn't caught stealing and was running against a nazi.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Toplowtech posted:

Hey remember when Omega Level Star Oprah Winfrey got into a Swiss boutique and, entering a country where she isn't famous, was faced by a black security guard enforcing a racist policy against black clients?
Actually, even in Winfrey's version, it was merely the shop assistant refusing to show her an expensive handbag. Dunno where the security guard thing comes from. In general Swiss shops will discriminate against you looking poor, not against you looking the wrong color (that kind of racial discrimination exists here but is more of a street thing or when you're trying to get hired. In fact the unlikeliest thing about that blown up version of the incident is the boutique having a black security guard in a front position IMHO).

Chev fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Feb 18, 2019

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

I see the Watch Dogs Legion viral marketing is on point.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
I don't even know what to say (I killed the embed because of the preview of a guy being beaten bloody by cops unprovoked so, trigger warning, it's that one about a guy being beaten bloody by cops unprovoked).

Chev fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Nov 26, 2020