Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Corsica, paying for things ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The half clock in the back is super distracting.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

blowfish posted:

i'm the lovely lighting in this official staged photograph with lots of opportunities to install less lovely lighting

Whats wrong with the lighting ? Maybe a little too flat and direct but it's in character.
I like the greenery in the back too.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You can see some of the setup here btw https://mobile.twitter.com/SibNdiaye/status/880381431603658752/video/1

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

Interrogé par Le Monde sur la rupture d'Emmanuel Macron avec la tradition de l'interview présidentielle du 14 juillet, l'Elysée a donné une réponse surréaliste… Affirmant qu'il ne fallait pas y voir un "refus d'obstacle" du chef de l'Etat, qui n'a donné aucune interview depuis son élection, ses équipes expliquent tranquillement ce silence par le fait que la "pensée complexe" du président se prêterait mal à l'exercice.

Unlike previous presidents, Macron won't be interviewed by journalists on Bastille day because his "complex thought" is unfit for the exercise.

I used to be told "if you can't explain it you didn't understand it" but I'm no president now so what do I know.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
/

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Al-Saqr posted:

White ISIS tries to ram another mosque full of muslims in france

Aaand it's a disabled schizophrenic Armenian.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Macron inaugurated the freshly opened Paris Rennes LGV with a speech about how we're now past ambitious infrastructure projects and we need to work on "la mobilité du quotidien" with no further explanation.
What is he on about ?

Being Macron I assume he's not talking about overhauling the TER or RER network but rather on a cool idea where everyone is an uber.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
White isis imo

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

JustJeff88 posted:

I don't know how anyone can stand to live in Paris... or afford to, but that's another story. I've lived in two large cities in my life, both French speaking, and despite speaking excellent French I was nearly insane after two months. No wonder people who go there for tourism think that all of the French are colossal connards. After about six weeks all I wanted was for someone to suffer needlessly and that I be the cause of it.

I had a good time when I stayed in Paris vOv. Maybe you had a negative experience with transportation or stayed in a bad neighborhood.
Granted after 1 week i couldnt stand motorists and their relentless use of the horn, as well as all the bullshit from scooters.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

:suicide:

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Mieux comprennez une département?

I'd rather not be a dick when people actually try but I have no clue what you're saying here

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The demographic projections for Africa are pretty lol

quote:

By the year 2050, annual increases will exceed 42 million people per year and total population will have doubled to 2.4 billion, according to the UN

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

These predictions come up so often that I'm sure it's just pr tactics at this point. They are good pr tactics tho, because they end up getting everybody, even racists, on board for contraception and female education programs.

Accepting the prediction that Niger is going to have nearly 1 billion residents, or even just a tenth at some point in the future also requires one to make the insane assumption that mortality rates won't go back up to medieval levels as a not very rich nor food-secure country careens into malthusian apocalypse.

Meanwhile ,maintaining the low mortality rates means maintaining the infrastructure for increased medical coverage, and that means that more people need to be educated, and more education has literally 100% of the time led to dramatic declines in birth rate.

Are you suggesting the UN isn't competent enough to account for the elements you bring up, or that they're somehow making up numbers as a "pr tactic" ? Honestly curious.

unpacked robinhood fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Jul 11, 2017

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
There's an article on macron coaches.

quote:

C’était l’un des arguments d’Emmanuel Macron pour libéraliser le transport par autocar : la promesse de créer de l’emploi en France. En juin 2015, celui qui était alors ministre de l’Economie reprenait les conclusions d’un rapport de France Stratégie qui promettait… 22 000 emplois !
Deux ans plus tard, l’Arafer vient éreinter ces prévisions, estimant que la libéralisation a créé… 1421 emplois, majoritairement des chauffeurs de bus. Un chiffre bien en deçà de celui avancé par Emmanuel Macron pour promouvoir sa mesure.

tfdr: Macron ordered a study to promote his policy. They "found" it would create around 22000 jobs. Now the actual number is 1421, 60% of the seats are unused on average.

I'm posting it because the study report has this graphic and it cracks me up:

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/NYMag/status/885585224872099841

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Macron is probably alluding to the dieudonné compatible crowd and their wink wink antisionism and not to imaginary nazis.

unpacked robinhood fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Jul 17, 2017

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Toplowtech posted:

https://twitter.com/jamescheron/status/887243658499588096/photo/1

I swear to god it's funnier than it should be. I mean jesus the level of discussion we are reaching is loving low as gently caress.

Just slice the top off with a guillotine to fit in the old format, no one will notice.

Granted it won't feel as good as the real thing but it's a start

unpacked robinhood fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jul 19, 2017

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
On Macron's controversial (lol) words about Africa

Honest Thief posted:

There was a rough translation on the tweet followup

2 weeks later

quote:

Les pays d’Afrique de l’Ouest veulent limiter à trois le nombre d’enfants par femme

FÉCONDITÉ Quinze pays veulent faire descendre le taux de fécondité général de 5,6 enfants par femme en 2017 à 3 d’ici 2030…

Burkina's head of parliament posted:

« Nous estimons que quand on a des taux de croissance économique qui est de l’ordre de 5 à 6 % avec un taux de fécondité située à 6 ou 7 %, nous sommes dans une situation de démographie non maîtrisée et nous ne pouvons pas espérer de développement avec une telle situation, a martelé Salifou Diallo. Il est urgent de contenir la poussée démographique dans l’espace Cédéao pour promouvoir un réel développement viable et durable. »

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah we're getting the Olympics in 2024 guys :france:

So proud to enable this monument of waste and corruption in the name of mandatory entertainment for retard gently caress morons.
Thanks Macron, thanks Hidalgo and every cock gobler who made this happen. Can't wait to not be in Paris when the Coke-Budweiser clown circus gets in town.

It's 2017 and we managed to be more retarded than the US.

unpacked robinhood fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Aug 1, 2017

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
There's also the old gently caress in Lyon who strangled a woman with her purse because she smoked near a mosque.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Not saying they aren't gearing up for september but maybe it's part of a regular scheduled restocking ? Those things probably have an expiration date.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

"No you see it's because you don't like macron enough"

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Toplowtech posted:

That's a really optimistic view.I think people realized that we aren't Great Britain and exiting the euro-zone now would gently caress us badly and that rich people wouldn't be the one ending up paying for our exit of the eurozone. So basically same but with more bourgeois and less anti-facist people overall.

Nah it's because he wasn't Lepen

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
What's everyone s take on today's work reform news ?

Toplowtech posted:

Lepen whose main arguments were Franxit and returning to the Franc. They did not mind the racism part of Lepen, they minded the losing money part of her program

Were there polls on the motivations of macron voters ?

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Hey look it's Phillipe headwear

He was just yammering about our labour laws being off putting for foreign investors.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Kassad posted:

He keeps writing screeds about how everyone in France is scared of criticising Islam lest they be called islamophobes.

He's correct ? CH gets insults and threats from pissy fuckos everytime they make fun of islam, as well as stern words from coward politicians and journalists who condemn free speech going to far.

unpacked robinhood fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Sep 1, 2017

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

ElNarez posted:

A) No they don't. Whatever backlash there's been against Charlie after 2015 mostly came from small-time associations and people Online.

After 2015 it's mostly small time associations like the UOIF and the CFCM yes

Reactions about this drawing:

quote:

Abdallah Zekri, un haut responsable du CFCM, président de l'Observatoire contre l'islamophobie, fait part de son agacement au Figaro.fr. «Ça va mettre de l'huile sur le feu», estime-t-il. «Je ne veux pas être désobligeant avec ces journalistes mais ils continuent la provocation (...) Mahomet, Mahomet, toujours Mahomet... Il est mort il y a 15 siècles!»
(CFCM head whining about provocations before the bodies were cold)

quote:

le président de l'Union des organisations islamiques de France (UOIF), Amar Lasfar, prévenait qu'il se tournerait vers la justice dans l'hypothèse d'une nouvelle représentation du prophète. «Notre différend avec Charlie Hebdo portait sur le divin et le sacré, qui ne doivent pas être caricaturés».
(bolding mine, UOIF president threatening to sue if further drawings appeared)

And that's only in France and after 2015

Before 2015 ooh boy
This was about another round of lets draw mohamed:

quote:

Le Premier ministre Jean-Marc Ayrault a exprimé « sa désapprobation face à tout excès » dans le « contexte actuel » et en appelle à « la responsabilité de chacun ». En visite officielle en Egypte, le ministre des Affaires étrangères, Laurent Fabius, s'est déclaré « contre toute provocation » et a fait savoir que le gouvernement « n’encourage pas » l’initiative de Charlie Hebdo, tout en respectant la liberté d’expression.
(PM disapproving, foreign minister speaking against provocations but still likes free speech)

quote:

Le président du Conseil français du culte musulman (CFCM), Mohammed Moussaoui, a appris « avec une profonde consternation » la publication de « dessins insultants à l'égard du Prophète de l’islam » et condamne « avec la plus grande vigueur ce nouvel acte islamophobe qui vise à offenser délibérément les sentiments des musulmans ».
(wah wah islamophobia)

quote:

Le recteur de la Grande Mosquée de Paris, Dalil Boubakeur, a lancé un appel mardi soir au calme face à « une publication qui risque d’exacerber l’indignation générale du monde musulman ». « Je regrette que l’incitation à la haine religieuse ne soit pas réprimée par la loi comme l’est l’incitation à la haine raciale. Nous avions fait appel au Tribunal d’instance de Paris, après les caricatures qu’avait publiées "Charlie Hebdo" en 2006, mais notre plainte n’avait pas été retenue », indique-t-il.
(regrets "religious hate isn't illegal")

They've been trying to sue and censor CH for what is basically blasphemy and fortunately lost so far.
Religious nutfucks are always on the lookout for ways to get their retard opinions into law and I'm glad Charlie makes them show themselves every so often.

unpacked robinhood fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Sep 1, 2017

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Kassad posted:

La pensée complexe

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Can't wait to test those fresh grenades

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ardennes posted:

I assume it is a way of undermining public housing since public housing since those buildings are almost certainly going to see less maintenance. For a dude that is "neither left nor right," Macron seems rather Thatcherite.

Sooo once it's even more lovely and ruined it's going to be sold to Vinci and Bouygues because the private sector is just so efficient ?

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Lol when something or someone is a "chance pour la france" you know it's good

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The unanimous pro-games stance in the media is disturbing.

Sponsors also don't have to pay taxes because of course they dont, thanks Sarko

unpacked robinhood fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Sep 14, 2017

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Macron talking to expats:

quote:

Au cours de son discours, il a commis un lapsus qui a fait s'esclaffer la salle, annonçant qu'en novembre la France «sortira de l'État de droit»

:thumbsup:

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The cool anticapitalist anarcho antifa types who burned police cars and random poo poo in support for their friends on trial for attempted cop burning managed to destroy evidence in the maelys abduction case.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Kassad posted:

Today in Macron: "Instead of raising hell, they should be looking for jobs around here". "Around here" being a 4 hours round trip from where "they" live, apparently.

It's only like 6 hours in a luxurious macron coach though (sorry we can't have trains anymore)

I wonder if it's the actual Macron showing or a carefully executed stunt.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Kassad posted:

Just listened to a guest commentator on the radio explain that Macron seems to be going for the same "telling it like it is" vibe as Sarkozy, to court right-wing voters by getting into risk-free spats with the France Insoumise people. This particular thing might not be deliberately planned but letting the contempt show is part of an overall strategy to shape Macron's public image.

If it's the same guy he also added that Sarko had the extra street cred of having been a local elected official before, as opposed to Macron.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
One of the attackers didn't even know the kid was FN but decided to assault him anyways because he "didn't like his grin and was drunk".

Just decent people who will get drunk and assault randos because they're this loving dumb.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
After the "martyr" murderer debacle, the dumb ruckus over the European flag, the valls flaming and now this, I don't know if it's a concerted effort to stay in the news but my do they look like idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

The DGSI was forced to end their investigation into the suspect.