Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

This thread needs more Dutronc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_ADZYCUkDA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Kassad posted:

It's supposed to fight against conflicts of interests and stuff like that. Hence:
My favorite part is it forbid you to hire your family if you are mp but not the family of another mp so you can just hire your buddy family while your mp buddies hire your family.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Kurtofan posted:

two rings
Yeah the double underwood.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

^at least it's not the gallic wars by gaius julius cesar

Flowers For Algeria posted:

8:20, la France qui se lève tôt
Also 2 iphones?

e: and some music because what are we the canadian thread?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaIDRUp2Luo

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jun 29, 2017

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

"Le rouge et le noir" is one of the other 2 books. lol Is it a "wear a bullet proof vest" message to his wife?

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Reminder that macron put his hand to his heart when he sings the Marseillaise, :shobon: . At least he is more up to date than loving Sarkozy.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Gort posted:

Why the gently caress has Macron invited Trump to Paris?
Who the gently caress know. Reminder: one crazy guy tried to shoot Chirac straight up from the street when he drove up the Champs Elysées during the 14th of July Military parade. Maybe Macron need a solid excuse for his new liberticide security laws. Also maybe the republican party members asked him to get Trump outside of the country for a longer time again. Or he want to show Trump "paris didn't change" after Trump's rant a few month back, but it would be naive and honestly pointless if you ask me.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jun 29, 2017

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Kurtofan posted:

Simone Veil and Louis Nicollin died the same day
Two names i wasn't expecting in the same sentence. Well at least it solves the "what woman to put in the Pantheon" problem. :(

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Yeah can we have Kratos, please.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Lawman 0 posted:

lol he wants to be emperor
Well, he is backed by the same kind of people who were backing Napoleon I&III. I loving don't know why anyone is surprised.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Kurtofan posted:

I've listened to the station speech, lmao, what the hell? i understand why he doesn't want to do interviews
People in the eu thread are wondering why i am melting down. Like jesus christ could Jupiter, great master of political com, waits for the end of summer before turning into hollande 2.0

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

^^^we are dogs i guess
Inserting high quality french music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx7vKvQ4axQ

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

icantfindaname posted:

Why not send them to Guyana? That's also a sacred 5000-year integral part of the Republic
We are cruel but not THAT cruel.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Don't bother, he's not going to come back until the next attack on a Muslim target in France, which he will proceed to blame on "White ISIS", and so goes the circle of life.
To be honest, modern Saudi Arabia and its religious madmen is weirdly similar to the French Old regime and its loving catholics assholes in term of bullshit.

Also Macron announced that the State of Emergency will stop in autumn. After all the hard police action parts of it have been moved to the normal non emergency police rules, i would guess.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Jul 3, 2017

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

^^it involves redrawing the electoral map aka gerrymandering with the excuse of cutting cost.

What a snoozefest of a speech. He sounded like Hollande at his most mediocre.
During the whole speech I kept being reminded of the thick of it, where the conservatives and most young politicians operatives were obsessed by the show west wing. Someone tell macron he is not president of the USA so he can drop the loving state of the nation speech every year idea, that's too circlejerky for our Gallic taste.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jul 3, 2017

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Speaking as a Frenchman living near Paris and as a connard myself, it's just something you gotta get used to. The secret is to interact with as few people as possible and throw hostile looks at everyone.
Groland had a fantastic sketch where a happy nice guy (i think it was Omar Sy) was treated like sub human poo poo in the capital for being overly polite until he started doing exactly that and stopped smiling and started treating his follow man like poo poo.
Edit: found it. Of course it's called integration.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Jul 4, 2017

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Hazzard posted:

And I can't find it as an image, but the cover photo over the video on the BBC article looks too much like the image of a dictatorship, or a an Absolutist Monarch and I think that was deliberate.
Lol historically our first elected president (second republic) used to call himself the Prince President (Napoleon III). Then he made himself Emperor.
Also even the most bourgeois of the French republics always had a big boner for the military, do not let your Hollywood clichés indoctrination tell you otherwise.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jul 5, 2017

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Kurtofan posted:

Cavaignac was the first Hillary
Thiers would have been a loving buzzfeed editor.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Mieux comprennez une département?
"Connaissez mieux votre département" aka "regardez FR3".

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

blowfish posted:

please don't split, please don't split, please don't split, gently caress you why did you split
Speaking of split, the Front National is starting to heat up at their Summer Camp and it's just starting, something may happen (a split). I think Marine may go full actual right (aka only slightly racist but still racist) while the rest let her leave with the gay men and go fuller racist (aka it's not even integriste catholicism final form).

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Jul 8, 2017

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Mes amis, je me dois de partager avec vous la nouvelle de cette grande perte pour la diplomacie française:

Le Monde posted:

Le procureur Nicolas Baietto a requis, mardi 23 mai, une peine de dix-huit mois d’emprisonnement avec sursis, assortie d’une interdiction d’exercer toute fonction publique et diplomatique pendant cinq ans contre l’ex-ambassadeur de France Boris Boillon, interpellé en juillet 2013 gare du Nord, alors qu’il s’apprêtait à prendre le Thalys pour Bruxelles, avec 350 000 euros et 40 000 dollars en espèces. Il a également demandé la confiscation de ces sommes.

Alors que le prévenu avait affirmé au tribunal « les yeux dans les yeux » que son intention avait toujours été de déclarer et de régulariser ces sommes en Belgique (où il était fiscalement domicilié), le procureur a considéré que ses explications n’étaient pas crédibles. Il a également soutenu que le contrat présenté par Boris Boillon pour justifier sa rémunération constituait un faux destiné à habiller a posteriori l’argent perçu en Irak, en « coupures neuves » dont la traçabilité n’a pas pu être établie.

Boris Boillon « a beaucoup de mal, aujourd’hui encore, à intégrer la notion de conflit d’intérêts », a observé Nicolas Baietto, qui a enjoint au tribunal de « faire barrage » à sa réintégration au Quai d’Orsay, en soulignant « l’incompatibilité totale » entre les faits qui lui sont reprochés et la nécessaire « probité des représentants de l’Etat ».

Le procureur a également demandé aux juges de faire droit aux demandes de l’administration, qui réclame une amende équivalente à un quart de la somme saisie, soit 95 036 euros, et 50 000 euros au titre de l’impôt sur le revenu, et de prononcer contre Boris Boillon l’interdiction de gérer une société pendant cinq ans.

En défense, Me Jean Reinhart a dénoncé « les hypothèses sans preuves » de l’enquête conduite contre son client, même si celui-ci « s’est égaré en retournant en Irak » pour faire des affaires après y avoir été ambassadeur. « Boris Boillon a travaillé et a été payé pour cela, c’est légal », a indiqué Me Reinhart, qui ne reconnaît que le défaut de déclaration de transfert d’espèces et plaide la relaxe pour les autres délits de faux, usage de faux, blanchiment de fraude fiscale et abus de biens sociaux.

Evoquant l’attentat terroriste de Manchester et ceux qui ont été perpétrés en France, l’avocat a observé : « Ne croyez-vous pas que les compétences de Boris Boillon pour comprendre le monde musulman sont utiles et ne doivent pas être écartées ? Laissez-le revenir dans la discrétion dans la diplomatie française. »

Le jugement a été mis en délibéré au 7 juillet.
RIP Sarko-boy, je me souviendrai toujours de ton pathétique et si peu diplomatique sejour en Tunisie.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Oui c'est très bien FR3. :colbert:

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Squalid posted:

Does anyone have suggestions for reading on France's colonial history in Sub-Saharan Africa? I can find a lot on the UK's colonies, BBC documentaries on decolonization, long wikipedia articles, detailed histories of individual countries etc., but I can hardly find anything on French Africa. Like for example this wikipedia article on Senegal hardly has anything, it skips straight the year 1902 to independence in 1960. I mean Senegal was a French colony for like 300 hundred years during which distinct Metis communities formed, but there's hardly anything approachable I can find on it.
Lol who do you think we are? Some anglo-saxon/germanic society who will document its own criminal history to better self-flagellate later and pretend to be amongst civilized nations after reparations?
I think our history in Africa can be sum up as We Came, We Saw, We hosed up. Never let us in again please, we have a problem.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

How dare you say that France ever did anything wrong in Africa? This is an insult to all those who were there, who gave their lives for their country. Ça suffit la repentance
All those good families who made a fortune exploiting people as slaves spreading civilization! What's next, forcing them to give the money back? They'd rather see the state and the poor people pay for their sin!

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Jul 12, 2017

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Okay, maybe we should let the pros of "colonialism was good" speak for themselves.

quote:

Gérard Longuet défend le bilan du colonialisme

L'ancien ministre UMP estime que le colonialisme ne peut être jugé à l'aune d'aujourd'hui, et que, replacé dans son contexte historique, il a eu un bilan "acceptable" et même "positif"

L'ancien ministre UMP Gérard Longuet estime que le colonialisme ne peut être jugé à l'aune d'aujourd'hui, et que, replacé dans son contexte historique, il a eu un bilan "acceptable" et même "positif".

Interrogé par écrit par Public Sénat sur François Hollande dénonçant à Alger un système colonial "injuste et brutal", le sénateur juge "périlleux et parfaitement inutile de prétendre, dans une intervention de quelques dizaines de minutes, traiter et épuiser un sujet aussi complexe que l'aventure coloniale française".

"Que la colonisation ait été faite au profit du colonisateur, personne n'en doute", argumente l'élu de la Meuse, mais, "si elle était injuste, elle constituait, au regard de ce qu'était la société traditionnelle ottomane, un véritable progrès". "Le colonialisme a en gros un bilan acceptable, un bilan positif – je vais mettre les pieds dans le plat ! s'exclame l'ex-ministre de la défense. Je crois que le colonialisme n'est pas à l'origine des difficultés actuelles de l'Algérie, il faudrait que les Algériens aient l'honnêteté de le reconnaître", dit-il.

"UN SYSTÈME RELATIF"

Pour M. Longuet, le discours du chef de l'Etat ne peut avoir qu'un "effet négatif" sur les Français issus de familles immigrés, "parce que ça va justifier ceux qui sont mal dans leurs baskets dans l'idée qu'il y a une explication à cela".

Il appelle à "beaucoup de tact sur ces sujets. Nous avons une immigration africaine" et "nous ne devons pas les entretenir dans l'idée qu'ils sont engagés dans un pays qui s'est obstinément mal comporté à l'égard de leur territoire d'origine. Sinon comment voulez-vous qu'ils soient heureux dans notre pays ? Je crois qu'il faut au contraire montrer que le système colonial est un système relatif".

Interrogé à la fin d'octobre sur la demande d'Alger de reconnaissance des crimes du colonialisme, M. Longuet avait, pendant un générique de fin d'émission, fait un bras d'honneur. Ce responsable qui milita dans sa jeunesse à l'extrême droite (très pro-Algérie française) avait ensuite assumé ce geste.
La politique du bras d'honneur.
edit: the same blogging about Macron's attempt about Algerie: http://www.huffingtonpost.fr/gerard-longuet/emmanuel-macron-algerie-crime-humanite_a_21715222/

Also if you want some contemponary french bullshit in Africa, try to search about Boloré and palm oil.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Jul 12, 2017

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Ahahahahan les sénateurs ont rejeté la mesure phare du projet de loi de moralisation politique aka les emplois familiaux chez les collaborateurs parlementaires sont toujours legaux.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

HookShot posted:

I'm so shocked that politicians rejected a law that would prevent them from being huge nepotists!
Actually they pointed out it was discriminatory and the problem being fake jobs the parlement should just control it the way the senate do with its assistants.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

lost in postation posted:

The optics of stating that nepotism is all right as long as your family members actually do something aren't all that great either, though.
The thing is your deputy friend could still hire your family and you could still hire his family, so the insensitive being the job is done sounds better if you want to reduce fraud.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Okay, question for the american people: do each member of the Trump family get his own motorcade? Because last time i saw the president of the Usa move inside Paris it was under 40 vehicles including the french police bikers(a 38 vehicles motorcade) and this time it's slightly under 70 vehicles (68 to be precise). Did he get a few minibuses to move his ego with him?

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

HookShot posted:

The bigger the motorcade the bigger your penis, didn't you know that?
"Each one of his tiny hands has its own bus." was also a correct answer.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Did we just elect Joffrey Baratheon, could we get his grand dad or his dwarf uncle instead?

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

A Buttery Pastry posted:

You actually elected a real life person and not a fictional character.
But Game of Throne is just a "Les rois maudits" fanfic by a fat american fan.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Kassad posted:

Saying what his audience of the moment wants to hear, as usual.
Yeah but at that game of only saying what people want to hear, sooner or later he may end up creating enough contradictions to gently caress himself up.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

A French comic who's been associating with the FN and the negationist crowd in the past ten years or so. He's also been close to the catholic fundamentalists and a bunch of other nutters.
He used to work alongside a now insanely famous Jewish comic. Also he is black and published a book about the death threat letters he used to get from the crazy racists he now works with/for. Also he is the man behind the antisemetic quenelle gesture. From Semoun to Soral. :rolleyes: Also he is a Mahmoud Ahmadinejad admirer.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jul 17, 2017

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/jamescheron/status/887243658499588096/photo/1

I swear to god it's funnier than it should be. I mean jesus the level of discussion we are reaching is loving low as gently caress.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jul 19, 2017

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Turns out welcoming anybody with a heartbeat into the big liberal tent was a mistake, who woulda thunk it.

He literally says that he couldn't do his job because he was tired after giving judo lessons; how is this not a Gorafi article
Because the gorafi staff is too busy copy-pasting Claire "morano 2.0" O'petit's speeches. Shine on you crazy diamond!

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Cat Mattress posted:

Et Léon Blum, c'est du poulet?
Prime ministers who actually answer to the parliament doesn't count.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

It's bizutage week at the parliament this week. They(LREM) ended up voting against one of their own amendment. Also Ferrand proposed an amendment to remove the "no one with past sentences can be MP" part. He probably doesn't have good feelings about his current affair. He also tried to torpedo the removal of the deputies' reserve. Also the party (but should we call it that?) is already showing ideological splits on various subject.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jul 28, 2017

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Condiv posted:

how the hell would you even have a liberal dictatorship. isn't that an oxymoron?
Liberal is generally used to mean "market liberal" in French, not Human rights liberal. Also "droit de l'hommiste" ("human-rightist" aka people who defend human rights) is an insult used by the far right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

x420ReDdIT_Br0nYx posted:

and the sun wheel was everywhere; which is weird since I recognized that last one because it's (mostly, AFAIK) used by the Aryan Sisterhood, and it wasn't used by leather-clad female SS praetorians but by regular shitlords with wooden shields.
Also gently caress those assholes for ruining good iconography. I know it's down the list but seriously, they could use the Hillary Clinton H with arrow to make Heil Hitler instead it wouldn't ruin millennia old symbols with their poo poo.