Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
:siren:Welcome back to SAS NFL Dynasty League!:siren:
For a history of the SAS Dynasty League, check the Seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6.

Since we have finally gotten pretty well even in terms of league finances (cost of buying the league, plaque, medals, and shipping), I am likely to be putting forward some manner of cash prize for the league winner this year.

League Page: http://www59.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/34155

Owners and Rankings from Last Year:
1 - Alucard - Cardiac Cats 2016 Champion
2 - spacejung - The Brownies are Rebuilt BFC Champion
3 - backno - Goff Boyz Da Rudest Boyz Wild Card
4 - Forever_Peace - The Soulful Power Ballads AFC Champion
5 - OhSnapGangsta - Ice Up
6 - Veritek - River City Cryptkeepers
7 - Mayfly - Casey Ryback
8 - Beer4TheBeerGod - Brutally Kunnin' Brutality - Replaced by MacheteZombie
9 - NineK11 - Big Picture
10 - FuneralDinosaur - Manchester Rioters
11 - Andio - The Yickers
12 - JTinsdale - Flint Tropics

This Year's Schedule of Events:
FA Extensions / Franchise Players: July 10 (This will let us know who will be available as Free Agents)
Rookie Draft: Starts July 19th @ 10PM EST
Free Agent Draft: July 31st @ 12PM EST
Roster Size Shrinks to 24: August 26th
Free agent pool locked: August 26th
Waiver Request for Dropped Players Processed: August 28th
First come first serve free agent pool (locked players): August 28th
Unassigned Contracts Submitted: August 30th
Waivers, FCFS Free Agency (no locked players): August 31-Kickoff Week 1 (September 7)
After this period, normal season waiver / free agent rules apply

Draft and Contracts:
3 lengths of contracts exist:
5 years / 3 years / 1 years
All contract statuses will be listed in the contract status line for a player, and will be designated in quotes for this explanation (e.g. "Signed")

Rookie Draft (3 rounds): All draftees will be given a 5 year "Rookie Contract" which does not count towards any FA draft restrictions. Draft will take place in typical NFL draft style (1.1 also gets 2.1 unless trades occur), and be conducted via this thread.

Draft clock is 12 hours after being notified of your pick being up ("on the clock" time will be noted on the thread as well). You can pick any time after the last pick has been made, but your 12 hour window starts when you are notified. if you miss this window:

Your pick is not lost - you still have the opportunity to pick the player you want, however,
Your pick can be poached - If the next person in the draft makes a selection before you, their selection takes precedence over yours

FA Draft (10-12 rounds): All picks from this draft will be distributed into 1, 3, and 5 year contracts (e.g. if I pick up 8 players, I choose 3 as 5 year, 3 as 3 year, and 2 as 1 years). These contracts will all show up as "Signed."

If, within 1 hour of the FA draft beginning, you have more available picks than you do roster spots, we will eliminate the worst picks such that you cannot exceed your maximum roster size during the draft.

The Season 7 FA draft will be a slow draft with the same rules as the Rookie Draft - MFL will be the location of the draft, and a 12 hour clock will be in place. I will check on whether you can still pick someone after you missed your window, or if MFL typically causes people to lose picks if you don't choose in time.

All players who are not on a roster after the FA draft will have a "Free Agent" status. You can pick up any one of these players over the course of the year.

If you drop a player, his contract status and number of years does not change. Anyone picking up this player from waivers assumes the contract of that player as it stands.

At the end of the year, you are allowed to give 2 players with "Free Agent" status a contract extension for 2 years (effectively turning a free agent's 1 year contract into a 3 year contract). They will be listed as having a "FA Extension" after this point. You may also designate one player to use a "Franchise Player" status on, which is a one year contract for the following year. Franchise Tags are not contract extensions, they are new contracts that last only one year (Do not apply the franchise tag to a player with years remaining on his contract).

All players on the waiver wire, and players whose contracts have expired (unless extensions or franchise tags are applied) will then go to the Free Agent pool at the end of the year, whereupon their contract status is reset to "Free Agent"

Alucard fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Aug 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Trade Review Process
The three Commissioners will review every trade and vote to approve or reject it. If you feel the wrong decision was made I'd be open to hearing your reasons in the event we've missed something. The final decision lies with the Commissioners.

Trading Draft Picks
Draft picks can be traded. Use the MFL Draft picks for Free Agent draft pick trades. Any Rookie Draft pick trades must be stated in this thread and approved as part of an overall trade.

Waivers and Free Agency
All players who are dropped are available on waivers after 2 days. If nobody claims the player, they become a free agent.
From kickoff of the first game of the week until 11:30 PM EST on Wednesday after games are over, all available players are on waivers. If they are not claimed, they return to free agency.

Players who are free agents can be picked up without any change in your waiver order.

That's all well and good, but how the gently caress do Waivers work?
When a player is eligible for a waiver claim and you want him, you submit a waiver request. When the claim period is over, people are given waiver requests based on their waiver priority and a few other rules.

Waiver priority is "Worst to First" as it stands when waivers are processed. That means that if you put in a request on Sunday after kickoff as the worst team in the league, and someone is worse than you at the end of the week's games, You no longer have top waiver priority

You may submit multiple players for each "round" of waiver requests (we allow 3 rounds of waiver requests). The Waiver Request Guide on MFL gives more in-depth explanation as to what a "round" of waiver requesting entails. From my understanding, each round corresponds to one dropped player, and 3 possible picked up players (in priority of importance). I don't believe the picked up players have to be the same position. Waiver order is reversed on each round, so in round 2 of waivers, it is "First to Worst" and round 3 is back to "Worst to First"

Roster Size & Starting Line-Up
The roster size for each team will be 24 and the starting line-up will be:

QB RB RB WR WR WR TE K DEF

There are two IR spots that can be used only for players that are designated as IR (I), whether it be designated for return or a full-year IR departure.

During the offseason, we will be turning off free agent acquisitions and waiver moves, but you will still be allowed to drop players. To accommodate extra players during rookie, FA draft, and preseason, the roster limit will be capped at 32 instead.

Scoring
Below you can see the scoring rules for the league:

RULES FOR QB, RB, WR, TE, PK
Passing TDs - 4pts per TD
Passing Yards - 1pt per 25yds
Pass Interceptions Thrown - -2pts
QB Sacked - -1pt
Passing 2 Pointers - 2pts
Rushing TDs - 6pts per TD
Rushing Yards - 1pt per 10yds
Rushing 2 Pointers - 2pts
Receiving TDs - 6pts per TD
Receiving Yards - 1pt per 10yds
Receiving 2 Pointers - 1pt
Length of Field Goal Made - 0-39yds - 3pts
Length of Field Goal Made - 40-49yds - 4pts
Length of Field Goal Made - 50-59yds - 5pts
Length of Field Goal Made - 60-99yds - 6pts
Extra Points - 1pt
Fumbles Lost (to Opponent) - -2pts

RULES FOR DEF
Fumble Recoveries (from Opponent) - 2pts
Interceptions Caught - 2pts
Sacked a QB - 1p per Sack
Safeties - 2pts
Total Points Allowed - 0-0 - 24pts
Total Points Allowed - 1-6 - 18pts
Total Points Allowed - 7-14 - 12pts
Total Points Allowed - 15-20 - 6pts
Total Points Allowed - 21-26 - 0pts
Total Points Allowed - 27-34 - -6pts
Total Points Allowed - 35-99 - -12pts
Defensive & Special Teams TDs - 6pts per TD

Schedule and Playoffs

The Schedule is very simple. We will have a 14 week regular season schedule. Every team will face their division rivals 2 times during the season, and all other rivals one time during the season.

Playoffs consist of 4 teams: 3 division leaders and 1 wild card (the team not in a division lead with the best overall record, tiebreakers are stipulated in the bylaws)

Playoffs Occur weeks 15 and 16.

Future rookie draft trades as of 07/21/2017
Soulful Power Ballads gives 2018 Rookie 2nd to Machete Kills Again... In Space!
Machete Kills Again... In Space! gives 2018 Rookie 1st to Soulful Power Ballads

Alucard fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jul 21, 2017

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Rookie Draft Board

1.01 - Andio - The Yickers (from Flint Tropics) - Corey Davis - WR - TEN
1.02 - Andio - The Yickers - Leonard Fournette - RB - JAX
1.03 - FuneralDinosaur - Manchester Rioters - Christian McAfferey - RB - CAR
1.04 - NineK11 - Big Picture - Dalvin Cook - RB - MIN
1.05 - Forever_Peace - The Soulful Power Ballads (from Machete Kills Again... In Space!) - Joe Mixon - RB - CIN
1.06 - Mayfly - Casey Ryback - O.J. Howard - TE - TBB
1.07 - Veritek - River City Cryptkeepers - Kareem Hunt - RB - KCC
1.08 - OhSnapGangsta - Ice Up - Samaje Perine - RB - WAS
1.09 - Forever_Peace - The Soulful Power Ballads - David Njoku - TE - CLE
1.10 - backno - Goff Boyz Da Rudest Boyz - John Ross - WR - CIN
1.11 - spacejung - The Brownies are Rebuilt - Alvin Kamara - RB - NOS
1.12 - Alucard - Cardiac Cats - Jamaal Williams - RB - GBP
2.01 - Forever_Peace - The Soulful Power Ballads (from Flint Tropics) - Zay Jones - WR - BUF
2.02 - Andio - The Yickers - Mike Williams - WR - LAC
2.03 - FuneralDinosaur - Manchester Rioters - D'Onta Foreman - RB - HOU
2.04 - NineK11 - Big Picture - Curtis Samuel - WR - CAR
2.05 - MacheteZombie - Machete Kills Again... In Space! - Marlon Mack - RB - IND
2.06 - Mayfly - Casey Ryback - Joe Williams - RB - SF
2.07 - Veritek - River City Cryptkeepers - Chris Godwin - WR - TBB
2.08 - OhSnapGangsta - Ice Up - Deshaun Watson - QB - HOU
2.09 - backno - Goff Boyz Da Rudest Boyz (from The Soulful Power Ballads) - James Conner - RB - PIT
2.10 - backno - Goff Boyz Da Rudest Boyz - Evan Engram - TE - NYG
2.11 - spacejung - The Brownies are Rebuilt - Juju Smith-Shcuster - WR - PIT
2.12 - Alucard - Cardiac Cats - Wayne Gallman - RB - NYG
3.01 - JTinsdale - Flint Tropics - Patrick Mahomes - QB - KCC
3.02 - Andio - The Yickers - Carlos Henderson - WR - DEN
3.03 - FuneralDinosaur - Manchester Rioters - Cooper Kupp - WR - LAR
3.04 - NineK11 - Big Picture - Jeremy McNichols - RB - TBB
3.05 - MacheteZombie - Machete Kills Again... In Space! - ArDarius Stewart - WR - NYJ
3.06 - Mayfly - Casey Ryback - Mitchell Trubisky - QB - CHI
3.07 - Veritek - River City Cryptkeepers - DeShone Kizer - QB - CLE
3.08 - OhSnapGangsta - Ice Up - Kenny Golladay - WR - DET
3.09 - MacheteZombie - Machete Kills Again... In Space! (from The Soulful Power Ballads) - Aaron Jones - RB - GBP
3.10 - Forever_Peace - The Soulful Power Ballads (from Goff Boyz Da Rudest Boyz) - Jonnu Smith - TE - TEN
3.11 - spacejung - The Brownies are Rebuilt - Chad Williams - WR - ARI
3.12 - Alucard - Cardiac Cats - Brian Hill - RB - ATL

Alucard fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jul 28, 2017

Ninek11
Aug 22, 2011
I am in!

Andio
May 10, 2004

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind
Withering my intuition leaving opportunities behind
I'm in!!

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
In.

I won't be able to give Adam Thielen an FA contract so he's available for pennies before he gets dropped. Hit me up.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Welcome back everyone!

Forever_Peace posted:

I won't be able to give Adam Thielen an FA contract so he's available for pennies before he gets dropped. Hit me up.

Same but Eric Decker/franchise tag.

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

All the arms we need are for hugging
In

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

Goff Boyz iz da rudest Boyz

SKA SUCKS
Guess I'll come back to give Alucard someone to yell at during the off-season.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
You're secretly doing it because you know that getting your registration fee waived is the only way I'll pay you back, right?

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
I'm in.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

Alucard posted:

You're secretly doing it because you know that getting your registration fee waived is the only way I'll pay you back, right?

I thought I was getting charged double? Something about an irritation tax...

Ninek11
Aug 22, 2011
Hope you US types all had a nice 4th July yesterday!

Ninek11
Aug 22, 2011
Also ...

I'll be extending the contracts of Kyle Rudolph and Adam Humphries.

And I'll keep Julio on a franchise contract.

So it's bye bye to Andrew Luck, Derek Carr and Lamar Miller.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

Ninek11 posted:

Also ...

I'll be extending the contracts of Kyle Rudolph and Adam Humphries.

And I'll keep Julio on a franchise contract.

So it's bye bye to Andrew Luck, Derek Carr and Lamar Miller.

I would be interested in making a deal for Luck.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Backno posted:

I would be interested in making a deal for Luck.

I'm open to offers for the FA 1.1 as well, which would give em to you for 5 years.

JTinsdale
Jul 1, 2014
I'm in!

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
I'm going to extend Rob Kelley and not franchise anyone.

That drops Matt Forte, the Vikings, Karlos Williams, Eli Rogers, Kendall Wright, Peyton Barber, Virgil Green back into the FA pool I believe.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I'm franchising Dez Bryant, extending Taylor "Peter" Gabriel, and no one else. That'll free up LeGarrette Blount, Case Keenum, Rashad Jennings, and Impact Wrestling Superstar DeAngelo Williams

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Franchise:
Antonio Brown, PIT WR

Extend:
Quincy Enunwa, NYJ WR
Tyreek Hill, KCC WR

Return to pool:
Tom Brady, Doug Martin, Adam Thielen, Coby Fleener.

JTinsdale
Jul 1, 2014
Franchise

Rob Gronkowski

Extend:

Alex Smith and Will Lutz

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

All the arms we need are for hugging
Franchise:
Cam Newton

Extend:
Kenny Britt
Philly D

What are the league fees again and when do we pay those?

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Free Agent Extension
Robby Anderson
Cameron Meredith

Franchise Tag
DeMarco Murray

Discard Pile
Eric Decker
Dontrelle Inman
Matt Bryant
Tennessee Titans DEF

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

OhSnapGangsta posted:

Franchise:
Cam Newton

Extend:
Kenny Britt
Philly D

What are the league fees again and when do we pay those?

:10bux: and whenever you get a chance, ya filthy animals - the email address from which I sent out the notice is also my paypal.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I just updated the third post with the draft order - lemme know if anything looks off.

Ninek11
Aug 22, 2011
Paid.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS
Extensions to Tyrell Williams and Terrance West. Now if I can get a trade processed I'll be able to do my Franchise Tag.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
No trades pending...?

Ninek11
Aug 22, 2011

Alucard posted:

No trades pending...?

I've just accepted an offer from Backno.

Andrew Luck

for

Teddy Bridgewater & Goff Boyz FA pick 2.10

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Hey do we have a replacement for Beer yet? Wondering what your thoughts are on a timeline for the drafts.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Are we one owner short or like three owners short

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
We are conceptually short one owner but functionally I think two. FuneralDinosaur emailed me back one time but has been radio silent since.

I'll send an email but we can push back the timeline by about a week if necessary.

FuneralDinosaur
Jun 21, 2016
Franchise: Russell Wilson

Extend: Jack Doyle, Ravens D.

Demaryius Thomas, Delanie Walker and Brian Quick are the stars going back into the FA pool.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I'm thinking we should start the rookie draft on Wednesday to make sure we have time for everything else. We still need one player, but I'm proposing the following franchise / FA tags for that team.

Franchise Aaron Rodgers
Extend Terrelle Pryor and Mike Gillislee

Ninek11
Aug 22, 2011

Alucard posted:

I'm thinking we should start the rookie draft on Wednesday to make sure we have time for everything else. We still need one player, but I'm proposing the following franchise / FA tags for that team.

Franchise Aaron Rodgers
Extend Terrelle Pryor and Mike Gillislee

That's what I would pick if it was my team.

(Whether you consider that an endorsement or an indictment depends on your opinion of my own team, I guess.)

But getting the draft under way is a good thing!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
This is only $10?

Hell, I'll sign up if you'll have me.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Done! Check the roster on b4bgs team, and shoot me a pm with email info

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Sweet and I'm going to Tag Rodgers, Extend Pryor and Gills

Forever_Peace