Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
It's pretty hosed up, if you ask me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xtra Innings Lovin
Nov 11, 2016

Well who asked you anyway??? :colbert:

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Xtra Innings Lovin posted:

Well who asked you anyway??? :colbert:

No one asked yet, but if they do, I'll tell them "it's pretty hosed up."

Xtra Innings Lovin
Nov 11, 2016

Volcott posted:

No one asked yet, but if they do, I'll tell them "it's pretty hosed up."

Ok. So... what do you think about Detroit not having a Robocop statue yet?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Well duh we have to build Robocop first.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Xtra Innings Lovin posted:

Ok. So... what do you think about Detroit not having a Robocop statue yet?

Check your inbox.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I used to live in Detroit and backed the old rear end Kickstarter for the Robocop statue because it's super sweet, so I feel betrayed. Granted I put down like $10 or something very low, but still.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
I currently live in Detroit and it sucks poo poo that we never got our loving statue.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
it would detract from the seriousness of a real robocop program which detroit could definitely use. too many people gettin into trubble over there

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Shima Honnou posted:

I currently live in Detroit and it sucks poo poo that we never got our loving statue.

Is the police department running around with squad cars with holes in the floor due to the budget or is that hyperbole? I heard that a few times.

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
On the other hand, they did get that Baphomet statue from the Church of Satan, so it's kinda a wash.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

That Robot posted:

Is the police department running around with squad cars with holes in the floor due to the budget or is that hyperbole? I heard that a few times.

They actually wasted the entire budget on brand-new cop cars that all have a mural of the RenCen on them.

They can't figure out how to get the laptops to work in like half of them so a bunch are just sitting in lots unused lol

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

Shima Honnou posted:

How's life in today's Detroit? That whole urban farming thing working out? I gather from the Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown episode on it that the city will always have its supporters no matter what and the place has become a hot spot for pop-up eateries and galleries and the like. I presume it's still dangerous as hell outside of downtown and the bad parts are REAL bad...

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast
Detroit needs a Roboplumber instead.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Where's the proof? I saw pictures of it being assembled

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Well why not?

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Shima Honnou posted:

They actually wasted the entire budget on brand-new cop cars that all have a mural of the RenCen on them.

They can't figure out how to get the laptops to work in like half of them so a bunch are just sitting in lots unused lol

Also a lack of officers to drive them.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

ED-209 would make the better statue anyways.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
:sad:

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

bitches leave

Lurker Ant
Nov 16, 2016
I heard an ad on the radio recently that was like "Come to Detroit! We're a real city now! You probably won't get murdered, honest! DETROIT!"

Although, if there are still people who want to tour North Korea at this point then I'll bet Detroit could pretty well for tourism. They just need to market themselves as a post-apocalyptic war zone and watch the death seekers swarm in.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.

Blue Raider posted:

bitches leave

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Blue Raider posted:

bitches leave

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

:shittypop:

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Didn't the mayor shut the statue down or some GODDAMNED BULLSHIT like that?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurker Ant posted:

I heard an ad on the radio recently that was like "Come to Detroit! We're a real city now! You probably won't get murdered, honest! DETROIT!"

Although, if there are still people who want to tour North Korea at this point then I'll bet Detroit could pretty well for tourism. They just need to market themselves as a post-apocalyptic war zone and watch the death seekers swarm in.

Always plenty of parking downtown though. :shrug:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I like how people talk about Rust Belt cities come back when from basic measures like population change they are still shrinking.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

etalian posted:

I like how people talk about Rust Belt cities come back when from basic measures like population change they are still shrinking.

MANUFACTURING JOBS!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Detroit is if portland was an actual city and not just a literal meme

• Locked thread