Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
BeBox or Technoids huh

According to several sources including Macworld UK, the company name "Be" had its origin in a conversation between Gassée and Be co-founder Steve Sakoman. Gassée originally thought the company should be called "United Technoids Inc.", but Sakoman disagreed and said he would start looking through the dictionary for a better name. A few days later, when Gassée asked if he had made any progress, Sakoman replied that he had got tired and stopped at "B." Gassée said, "Be is nice. End of story."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

N.Z.'s Champion posted:

United Technoids Inc.

a pro YOSname

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

N.Z.'s Champion posted:

BeBox or Technoids huh

According to several sources including Macworld UK, the company name "Be" had its origin in a conversation between Gassée and Be co-founder Steve Sakoman. Gassée originally thought the company should be called "United Technoids Inc.", but Sakoman disagreed and said he would start looking through the dictionary for a better name. A few days later, when Gassée asked if he had made any progress, Sakoman replied that he had got tired and stopped at "B." Gassée said, "Be is nice. End of story."

neat

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

this but with stripper names and verizon cellphones circa 2008

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
rodtronics :negative:

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!
g-suite

TOPS-420
Feb 13, 2012

aarch64

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

N.Z.'s Champion posted:

BeBox or Technoids huh

uti huh

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
video toaster

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe
it says "hardware" in the topic because you didn't want Microsoft Live Mesh Pro Business Plus Gold to win, right

http://gizmodo.com/microsoft-actually-considered-these-idiotic-names-for-t-708779004

the loving article posted:

- MIND (Microsoft Interactive Network Device)
- FACE (Full Action Center)
- MITH (Microsoft Interactive Theatre)
- XON (Experience Optimised Network)

Wells
Sep 21, 2008

THIS IS A BIZ!!!
Lipstick Apathy
a long time ago someone said "maemo moblin the smartphone goblin" and it was good, and funny

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

brocade rhapsody

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

mmEye

http://www.speecys.com/

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

that looks so epic

except lol what's that it needs a seperate power supply????

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

I think that's a backup power supply to keep state when the machine power cycles.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

MrMoo posted:

I think that's a backup power supply to keep state when the machine power cycles.

ya unless you want your drive to wipe everytime you get updates you need some other source of power

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

MrMoo posted:

lol i remember the first time around these came out - back in like 1990 or around there they at least had built-in batteries on the card that were rechargable.

cripes

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

wat happens when the power goes out

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

asus rog strix magnus

sounds like a danish condom

There Will Be Penalty
May 18, 2002

Makes a great pet!

:chome:

TOPS-420
Feb 13, 2012

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

can it play lego island

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
im the gender role defined software selections

video games for boys

virtual makeup for girls

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld6qrjYwi_4

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Dongslayer. posted:

can it play lego island

if my childhood taught me anything there is no rig in the world that's dope enuff to run lego island at dece fps

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

cheese-cube posted:

if my childhood taught me anything there is no rig in the world that's dope enuff to run lego island at dece fps

or, you know, not crash it

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

cheese-cube posted:

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Sniep posted:

video games for boys

virtual makeup for girls

everyone gets myst though, so that at least is good

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Sniep posted:

video games for boys

virtual makeup for girls

to hell with the steering wheel i'd have wanted the camera

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

everyone gets myst though, so that at least is good

:hellyeah:

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose
zune

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

IBM 7070

the computer that puts you on the god drat moon instead of your mums basement

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

mrmcd posted:

I'm what appears to be a handgun shaped north bridge heat sink.

Salt Fish posted:

That pic was someone who claimed that customs ripped the cards out because they thought that the heatsink was a real gun and were trying to figure out how to detach it.

I'm pretty sure there was at least one other set of photos of a mangled mobo; it was the higher end model that had a AK47 magazine shaped heatsink complete with realistic looking round at the feeder end

same story; customs purportedly thought there was live ammunition being smuggled in

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

a witch posted:

Republic of Gamers

Thanks Ants posted:

REPUBLIC OF GAMERS
yeah im going with this one too

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
im the king of the republic of gamers

its me

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
like saying you're the king of the losers or master of dickheads

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

echinopsis posted:

like saying you're the king of the losers or master of dickheads

don't sign your posts twice

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
owned :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001