Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Val Helmethead posted:

The owner of that store suggested they play this game because it would be a simple game for beginners like them. I think they wound up playing Mansions of Madness instead.

When me and my friend went to Origins, we found a 8' banner for Takenoko and sent them a picture of us posing with it. "It'll be a good game for the two of you to play while we play Armada!" Another trip we actually found a copy of Takenoko, opened it, set it up like we were in the middle of a game, and sent them a picture of it with the caption "We found a fun and simple game you might enjoy!"

I don't know why they put up with us either.

Takenoko looks cute and fun tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I had no idea what a chain devil was supposed to be but a cursory google search shows it to look exactly as I expected it to from the name.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Yeah, people showed up at the store I worked at with modded consoles all the time. They usually had a buddy or a friend of a friend who knew how to do it.

I had a regular who was Extremely Christian and came in one day with an original Xbox that he had bought at a garage sale. This was 2010 or so, so the original Xbox was well past its prime. He had discovered that it had a full set of NES and SNES ROMs installed on it and he very desperately wanted me to remove any mods from the system (which we didn't do, and I didn't know how to do) and was extremely nervous to even have the thing in his possession. I suggested that maybe he could just... not play them, but even owning the thing freaked him out. He wouldn't give it away, either, since he thought he could be implicated in the sale of stolen goods. I gave him some instructions I found on Google to uninstall them, and then he asked me if I was a Christian and if I would be interested in allowing him to witness to me about Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I politely declined and never saw him again.

That's nowhere near the awkwardness of some of these stories, but it was slightly awkward for me.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I think even back then it would have kicked back an error message explaining that the disc won't work on your system, though.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I got to play with one of the weird blue devkit PS1s once that could play anything and had a bunch of weird outputs. That was a good nerd store experience.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Inescapable Duck posted:

So basically, the anime is correct? That explains a lot.

My understanding is that the anime basically exists to explain the card game and is pretty much the same except that getting sent to the shadow realm is just a metaphor for being banned from the store

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
oldquarterless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

The Sexual Shiite posted:

Is there any other kind? You’ll never find one in a box.

Maybe there’s a market to take advantage of our idiot irony culture and make a series of collectible nerd inaction figures.

I’ve got a Wispy Chris in the box with three different swappable lengths of pube beard. I keep him right next to Balding at 20 Tim and my special edition Fake Gamer Girl with light up cleavage.

• Locked thread