Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
I guess we found out what that Stardom test youtube stream was for. They already have the show that finished an hour ago up on Stardom World. Single camera but actually watchable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Stall_19 posted:

I guess we found out what that Stardom test youtube stream was for. They already have the show that finished an hour ago up on Stardom World. Single camera but actually watchable.

The qfs are up now too.

I've only watched Hanan v SLK which was great but yeah it looked pretty good

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Stall_19 posted:

Is this a sign that Bushiroad kicked that dipshit Sonny out and put in actual competent people?

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

Is this a sign that Bushiroad kicked that dipshit Sonny out and put in actual competent people?

No he was still there filming for what I assume is an edited version later.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1769412053805199652

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Emi is leaving the door wide open for women to debut in Gatoh Move
https://twitter.com/sakura_gtmv/status/1769365281481371923

But after this period only women who have been Darejyo trained will become Gatoh Move wrestlers
https://twitter.com/sakura_gtmv/status/1769375013822664849

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
TJPW posters are always good, but drat, some real bangers for GP24.

I really like the miniature. Though I like all miniatures.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Stall_19 posted:

I'm wondering if they'll prioritize this for tournaments - it's nice to be caught up before the finals! SLK/Hanan was indeed pretty great even on single cam.

Speaking of which, if it ends up being Hanan vs. AZM that would be great.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Big news if you like manga and classic Japanese women's wrestling
https://twitter.com/wiz_kaleb/status/1768710395131560083

https://archive.org/details/@wiz_kaleb

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Oh, is that where Keigo Nakamura has vanished from DDT to for the last year?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/DaikaijuPro/status/1769514199997112391

:yeshaha:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
:sickos:

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Saori Anou signed with Stardom

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Good for her but heck of a loss for the wider joshi scene.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

I imagine bushiroad is probably talking to every name freelancer in the country. Especially talent that might have been reluctant to work with Rossy.

They would have almost certainly had a little how's things going with Sareee when she was over.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
as a Nomads fan I am stall_18 mad that a larger company is poaching all the talent from the promotion I actually watch

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

fez_machine posted:

as a Nomads fan I am stall_18 mad that a larger company is poaching all the talent from the promotion I actually watch

It's not ideal because the industry is precarious enough without BR getting aggressive to respond to Rossy

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Not even sure Nomads is even a thing anymore. It's been 11 months since the last show.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Yeah its been dead for a while - there was only ever the three shows. Sareee started doing her Produce shows right afterwards and most of the indies aren't doing brilliantly (Marvelous appear to be drawing on the back of the OZ Academy feud but that's about it) so might be a combo of margins being tight as it was plus another player in the market. Anou has also been working almost fulltime Stardom this year (must only be a handful of shows she missed) and wasn't really missing much the latter half of last year either so it is hardly surprising that she signed there; and also that it was the non-Rossy half considering their history. Nomads feels very similar to Assemble where it was something that launched and English speaking fans hyped it up a bunch (including me for the Assemble shows which were very cool) as some transformative thing only for it to be very short term and go away quickly.

Related: after the Prominence show today Sera announced it was going to no longer run a regular schedule after the 2nd Anniversary next month - reason in Tokyo Sport is to 'allow Sera to focus on her career as an athlete' which is code to me that the things aren't doing well enough financially to justify the work - business appears to have fallen off after Suzu left last year. I would suspect very similar reasons to why everyone has cut back their schedules quite a bit - as an example SEAdLINNNG ran nine shows in the first four months of 2019; five years later they'll run four shows over the same period.

I think you are going to see pressures on the indies between Stardom perhaps signing a few people to fill slots (Anou is the first one; may be others) but especially Rossy's promotion having to rely on freelancers a bunch at first (we know one person for sure that's going there in Giulia, two others that appear very likely in MIRAI and Mai Sakurai; apparently six total and its not clear who the other two are although based on recent booking inclined to think Natsuko Tora is one and Suzu Suzuki might be another) to fill out cards. That might not mean signing people but if they can outcompete on pay and run most weekends then it takes names off of cards of other promotions and that causes issues.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Got around to subbing to Wrestle Universe, will sub to Stardom when I have more time to watch. I'll probably start with TJPW's Wrestle Princess IV since it's recent, is there anything specific I should check out first otherwise?

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Grand Princess '22 and '23 are both wonderful, and '22 gets you the full NEO-Bishiiki-gun entrance which is a sight to behold.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I'll check out those for sure. Watched Wrestle Princess IV and really enjoyed it, definitely glad I subbed to WU. I love that the team that won the title in that is called Free Wifi. Always good to see Nyla and Maki in a match too.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Free Wifi :smith:

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Mr E posted:

I'll check out those for sure. Watched Wrestle Princess IV and really enjoyed it, definitely glad I subbed to WU. I love that the team that won the title in that is called Free Wifi. Always good to see Nyla and Maki in a match too.

You should go back and catch old matches of free WiFi……

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

#WeWantNoa

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

yea ok posted:

#WeWantNoa

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

TV Zombie posted:

You should go back and catch old matches of free WiFi……

:hai: I will.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

The big TJPW shows are always worth watching, but my personal recommendation is the That's JPW one-match series they did in 2021: https://www.wrestle-universe.com/en/search?words=that%27s+jpw

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

I'm working my way through the Cindy final. It's was a very well booked tournament although heavily focused on one person with the goal to start pushing her up the card. I'd give a good solid thumbs up to the new booking team on their first tournament. The 5 star will be harder cause you have to juggle more narratives

I will say that i think it's for the best giulia moves on because someone is gonna end up dead from a tam/giulia match. I'm far from the safety police but idk if this sort of stuff is brilliant for the old brain

https://twitter.com/Peps_Wrestling/status/1770373442937725382?t=M9IBCS6HO0kV7ZDiKbTfvw&s=19

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
Shoot headbutts continue to be the stupidest loving thing and it's gross that all the Giulia stans continue to defend it.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Maika vs. Utami was awesome. Top 5 women's match of the year that I've seen. Hanan vs. Ami was somehow good, too. Ami had a better match with Hanan than she did with AZM. Giulia vs. Tam wasn't great, but it was alright. Giulia is leaving just at the right time. Her style of match is becoming incredibly irritating.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

Shoot headbutts continue to be the stupidest loving thing and it's gross that all the Giulia stans continue to defend it.

Shoot headbutts are simultaneous really stupid and very cool. They are gross. But nothing else in wrestling can compete with that sickening sensation when you hear the dull thud of two heads colliding. It's visceral precisely because it's brain scrambling.

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

man, you'd hate violence is forever v the astronauts from night one of the j cup this year, it had the loudest headbutts ive ever heard

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://x.com/meraWRESTLING/status/1770806867758899702?s=20

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Crapple! posted:

Maika vs. Utami was awesome. Top 5 women's match of the year that I've seen. Hanan vs. Ami was somehow good, too. Ami had a better match with Hanan than she did with AZM. Giulia vs. Tam wasn't great, but it was alright. Giulia is leaving just at the right time. Her style of match is becoming incredibly irritating.

That match was pretty much flawless and while that's awesome it also sets the bar incredibly high for all Maika's future title defenses. You're going to see a lot of people repeat "awesome match but not as good as Utami". Which is fine. I would prefer that to a bunch of "just good" matches

That whole show was fantastic and I agree that the tournament as a whole was booked really well. I actually called the winner when the brackets were announced and I was very happy with who won most of the other matches

I'm going to be at the Philly show and it looks to shaping up really well. I'm really hype

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I have no idea why Stardom wouldn't do much more to keep Suzu

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

I suspect bushiroad have another month to convince Suzu Suzuki based on when she announced she was leaving prominence. So maybe they were just more focused on the wrestlers with end of March contracts.

Now I actually think Utami and Suzuki are extraordinarily good wrestlers. I'd be a sad man to see Crazy Star end that is for sure. That's like my favourite tag team

But let's face it if meltzer is accurate and he might be because he does talk to two very biased rossy loyalists than br have done a pretty solid job retaining talent.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

I mean the next Goddess title match they're pushing is Crazy Star vs Aphrodite so it's either
1.Suzu or Utami leave
2. Neither of them leave.

It's not going to be both of them. He's basing this entirely on who they've announced for the US show but like Natuspoi wasn't announce and she's definitely not leaving.

Stall_19 fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Mar 21, 2024

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

They could add a third team to the match.

https://x.com/Peps_Wrestling/status/1770904321925808524?s=20

Pylons fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Mar 21, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Yuzuki is the one I'm saddest about lol