Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Utami leaving to join the totally-not-a-wwe-feeder-promotion is so so sad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

mooseinfants posted:

Utami leaving to join the totally-not-a-wwe-feeder-promotion is so so sad

Hey, maybe she's joining AEW. Or the actual WWE.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I'd accept that. I mean I'd rather Rossy took Natsuko Tora over Utami, but it could be a lot worse.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
So we finally know the damage. Losing Utami and Giulia at the same time will hurt the top of the card but between Mayu, Maika, Syuri, Saya Kamitani, Tam and Momo who's clearly going the be the Buntai opponent for Maika they'll be OK.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Kinda surprised Saki Kashima isn't immediately Rossy bound, maybe they're hiding it.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Guess congrats are in order for Crazy Star for their upcoming Goddess title run.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Numero6 posted:

Kinda surprised Saki Kashima isn't immediately Rossy bound, maybe they're hiding it.

She's going to be at the Philadelphia show so no she's staying

Also why do people assume Rossy has anything to do with WWE? He apparently refused to work with AEW so why would he be "feeding talent" to WWE? There are also zero receipts that Giulia is 100% going to WWE

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Elephant Ambush posted:

She's going to be at the Philadelphia show so no she's staying

Also why do people assume Rossy has anything to do with WWE? He apparently refused to work with AEW so why would he be "feeding talent" to WWE? There are also zero receipts that Giulia is 100% going to WWE

Lol

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

I believe the Giulia to wwe story but I don't think Rossy had anything to do with that, much less that he's a wwe mole that Tony seemed to believe.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I don't know if Rossy is a mole or not but he's been much more openly receptive to working with WWE.

Giulia is going to the fed though. There's little doubt of that from anyone.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Pylons posted:

I don't know if Rossy is a mole or not but he's been much more openly receptive to working with WWE.

Giulia is going to the fed though. There's little doubt of that from anyone.

Post receipts for this

If I'm wrong that's fine but don't lol with nothing backing it up

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Elephant Ambush posted:

Post receipts for this

If I'm wrong that's fine but don't lol with nothing backing it up
I don't know what kind of receipts you want short of Giulia saying "I am going to the fed later this year"

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Pylons posted:

I don't know what kind of receipts you want short of Giulia saying "I am going to the fed later this year"

When did she say this? She hasn't even hired an agent yet

Also even if she said that it doesn't mean Rossy is a WWE feeder mole or whatever people are assuming

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

@_@

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

He's

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Elephant Ambush posted:

When did she say this? She hasn't even hired an agent yet

Also even if she said that it doesn't mean Rossy is a WWE feeder mole or whatever people are assuming

Did you not understand my post

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

havent thought about it before now but I agree that guila is 100% going to wwe.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Pylons posted:

Did you not understand my post

Apparently not. You said "lol" when I said there's no proof that Giulia is going to WWE or that Rossy is a WWE mole, and then you claimed she said she was doing that with nothing to back it up. If it was some kind of joke it was really stupid

Like I said before, I don't care if I'm wrong about any of this I just want to know what's actually happening

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Numero6 posted:

Reading between the lines of meltzers take (leaked to him by sonny or fumi saito just before the story broke) bushiroad managed to re sign talent that Rossy expected to get to jump. Saki might be in that. I suspect they've given a few treats to wrestles they really value like new japan dates randomly during fantasticamania, overseas bookings or booking the entire Cinderella tournament literally around them to encourage them to stay

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Reading between the lines of meltzers take (leaked to him by sonny or fumi saito just before the story broke) bushiroad managed to re sign talent that Rossy expected to get to jump. Saki might be in that. I suspect they've given a few treats to wrestles they really value like new japan dates randomly during fantasticamania, overseas bookings or booking the entire Cinderella tournament literally around them

Tony gave the president of Stardom a big bag of money at Big Business.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I'm going to assume Suzu is gone whenever her deal is up (looks like she announced becoming full time April 29th 2023), I'm really not too bothered by any of the confirmed losses besides Yuzuki (always bad to lose obvious great future talent) but I'll look forward to seeing the people I like in Arsion 2. Still hoping this doesn't totally decimate the already fragile joshi indie scene.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Arsion 2 isn't even gonna have a cool tv intro like the original did, what the hell is the point

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Reading between the lines of meltzers take (leaked to him by sonny or fumi saito just before the story broke) bushiroad managed to re sign talent that Rossy expected to get to jump. Saki might be in that. I suspect they've given a few treats to wrestles they really value like new japan dates randomly during fantasticamania, overseas bookings or booking the entire Cinderella tournament literally around them to encourage them to stay

Hope we'll see Saki Kashima being lazy with Orange Cassidy.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

yea ok posted:

I'm going to assume Suzu is gone whenever her deal is up (looks like she announced becoming full time April 29th 2023), I'm really not too bothered by any of the confirmed losses besides Yuzuki (always bad to lose obvious great future talent) but I'll look forward to seeing the people I like in Arsion 2. Still hoping this doesn't totally decimate the already fragile joshi indie scene.

Yeah I'm not taking sides with any of this. I want Stardom to continue to succeed (which it clearly will) and I also want Rossy's new promotion to succeed. More good wrestling for all of us

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i just want them to destroy the fake wrestling tjpw. just kidding

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Cavauro posted:

i just want them to destroy the fake wrestling tjpw.

You loving monst-

Cavauro posted:

just kidding

oh, phew

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I'll miss MIRAI, Utami, and Suzu if she goes, but otherwise this doesn't seem like the bloodletting I feared.

Definitely the best Cinderella tournament since I started watching, happy about the winner, and hopefully the rest gets sorted in the near future. I guess the Goddess and Artist belts will need to be shuffled around.

https://twitter.com/Peps_Wrestling/status/1770373442937725382?t=M9IBCS6HO0kV7ZDiKbTfvw&s=19

I'm pretty sure this has happened to Tam before and the previous time may also have been during a Giulia match.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Tam has a negative sense of self-preservation.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

It's probably better for Tam's long-term career that Giulia's leaving. I'm not sure how many of those kinda matches her body can take. Those two just don't know how to hold back when facing each other and Tam always takes the worst of it.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

forkboy84 posted:

Tam has a negative sense of self-preservation.

https://x.com/tmtmtmx/status/1644661147461902338?s=20

I was right, it was vs. Giulia.

Incidentally why did they go to a draw? It's Okada all over again!

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Tam's tweet says, per Google:

"Third eye is about to open"

Which made me guffaw

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1771192937365286957

10/10 promo no notes.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Very informative video package.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
It's actually 11/10

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Chinston Wurchill posted:

It's from this match

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1644315954736959489?t=hBY00pFetq7KVim72jEckA&s=19

Which was a house show in front of idk a couple of hundred people weeks before the biggest show in stardom history that they were maineventing

Tam has a little bandage on her head going in so I reckon one of those two geniuses came up with the idea of giulia opening her up hardway. Look at the attention giulia pays to the top of Tam's head.

Neither really come from wrestling backgrounds but they both have wrestler brain to levels normally seen in life long wrestling fans who become wrestlers..A real pair of oafs

Still one heck of a feud. For the sake of Tam's already deeply disturbed brain it's best it's ended but they really did try to murder each other. Really can't ask for more in a feud.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Speaking of stardoms twilight dream

https://twitter.com/SparkJoshiPuro/status/1771322129172299852?t=9mqZkknEofV-xEgaNz0kVw&s=19

Pretty impressive line up

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1771295798573306061

:derp::derp::derp: SESSION MOTH V RAKU :derp::derp::derp:

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Stardom is testing more live streaming through Stardom world this weekend.

If they can get this going for the 5 star that's gonna rule

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

What? On Stardom World?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Stall_19 posted:

What? On Stardom World?

It's on both stardom world and YouTube right now. My stardom world stream didn't have sound lol but the picture looked fine

I'm watching on YouTube now. This is a significant improvement from the show the other week
Edit

It is now working good on stardom world

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1771381421866926220?t=uioarzVGJZR2j03x-gpW6Q&s=19

Burn Down Canberra fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Mar 23, 2024