Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Stardom stream through stardom world was pretty good. A few stuttering issues in the mainevent. First match didn't have sound but all in all a fine stream

If the 5 star can be mostly live that's a huge deal for me because I'm Australian and in the time zone. Very promising signs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
I'm almost as surprised that Stardom World can do live steams as I was of the people leaving although Yuzuki was a shocker.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Stall_19 posted:

I'm almost as surprised that Stardom World can do live steams as I was of the people leaving although Yuzuki was a shocker.

There were theories that they were bound by a pre bushiroad contract that would expire early this year that made live streaming basically impossible

Which actually might be true

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Stardom is live again on world from the glorious kbs hall

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
They're building Momo up real hard right now.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Stall_19 posted:

They're building Momo up real hard right now.

Yep they are heating oedo tai up in general. It's one of the more noticeable differences pre and post rossy

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Another fantastic wing gori match. They are amazing

But man hanako looked a star too

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Apparently not only was Chigusa Nagayo's West Coast Pro match her final match in the US but it was her final match period.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
New Stardom has been great so far and yeah I'm loving the MomoW and OT elevation in general

Seems like Rossy pushed Momo to the background after she gained weight and even though she's had a lot of title shots she hasn't held a belt since the Artist title in 2023

Worse yet, a bunch of those title shots were right after a title had just recently changed hands so you pretty much knee in advance that she was going to lose

I hope I'm wrong about this but when Rossy had the book he just wasn't pushing people who weren't conventionally pretty and while I'm sure that's good for merch sales it kinda sucks that some wrestlers seemed to be permanently on the back burner

I hope that changes

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

It's strange because Rossy was the one who gave her the initial big push (winning the Cinderella Tournament and beating Io for the White Belt in Io's last proper STARDOM match) and having set her up as a face of the company.

After the BushiRoad buyout was when she effectively lost her push.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Bushiroad era njpw has loved an aesthetic and they did sack the old leadership so this could be as simple as Okada has different vision and its not Rossy per se.

Like there is a host of reasons why the company is positioning Hanan as the future ace but a good part of it is how she looks. Not even just being pretty or whatever but her actual physical size.

But something else very true about bushiroad era njpw is that they love a strong heel. Idk if okada is getting advice from njpw but the first thing those spiteful fuckers would say is heat up oedo tai. Momo Watanabe seems to being positioned as evil but actually good at wrestling

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The Sendai Girls show from the 17th is now uploaded to Wrestle Universe

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Anyone know if Marshmallow Bomb is on hiatus or over? I liked getting random joshi reviews in my inbox every now and again.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
I don't think any public statements about a hiatus have been made unless I missed them, but Luke/Flupke who runs it says he's basically not watching anything other than Actwres these days. Stuart Iversen, the most prolific Marshmallow Bomb writer, is still updating his blog though so I dunno.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Crapple! posted:

Maika vs. Utami was awesome. Top 5 women's match of the year that I've seen. Hanan vs. Ami was somehow good, too. Ami had a better match with Hanan than she did with AZM. Giulia vs. Tam wasn't great, but it was alright. Giulia is leaving just at the right time. Her style of match is becoming incredibly irritating.

With it going up on world I rewatched it not tired from the nj cup final..

I think Ami is a solid wrestler but she's clumsy. The story of the match that both were worn down from wrestling previously so they were just both searching for the win. This meant that Ami kept rinsing Hanan with lariats and Hanans strength at selling really played into it being a good match.

Where Ami might struggle to handle some of AZMs more ridiculous spots. I just think she's more suited to slug fests and hanan is more suited to give her that sort of match because they are around the same size

I liked all three Cindy matches. Even Ruaka did well for herself.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Ruaka (and by extension Oedo Tai) being built as the turbo cheating rear end in a top hat villain of the tournament was excellent booking

I love Ami but I really wish that the brackets had been set up so that we could get Ruaka/Hanan in the finals just for the good cousin to beat the bad evil cousin and maybe start a storyline where Ruaka starts to question her alliance with Oedo Tai and maybe at the end of this year we finally get the Minami sisters and Ruaka as a new family unit

Yes this is all just dumb fantasy booking from an American perspective but I would eventually like to see Hanan and the twins win the Artist belts and it would be very weird if they were all in different units when that happens

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Baby Pom.
https://twitter.com/harajuku_tjpw/status/1772644895817183377

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Watched Grand Princess '22 and most of '23 over the last two days and am really enjoying TJPW, while I'm probably gonna use the JP broadcast for the most part the English commentary with Chris Brookes is pretty good too. Think I'll probably sub to Stardom on the 1st too if they do subscriptions like NJPW world does at the end/beginning of the month.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Mr E posted:

Watched Grand Princess '22 and most of '23 over the last two days and am really enjoying TJPW, while I'm probably gonna use the JP broadcast for the most part the English commentary with Chris Brookes is pretty good too. Think I'll probably sub to Stardom on the 1st too if they do subscriptions like NJPW world does at the end/beginning of the month.

Stardom for me is really good right now. Taro Okada has done a top job considering his inexperience and the potential threat from Rossy raiding the roster (which it appears bushiroad limited the impact by doing the revolutionary idea of paying them more money so a win for the roster)

If you do end up subscribing the recent Cinderella is worth watching. They focused it on their young talent and stardom has like a murderers row of wrestlers under 22. I don't think any promotion on earth matches them for young talent. The nature of the tournament means the matches are often quite quick and you get exposed to a lot of the roster. It's the best Cindy in ages cause they didn't book as much dumb illogical nonsense. They had a heel go deep in the tournament but that served a purpose and it wasn't as hilariously mean spirited as njpw having all 4 qfs with heels in it for the new japan cup

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Yeah Stardom rules. Please give it a try. I haven't noticed a drop in quality after Rossy left and yeah this year's Cinderella tournament was really good

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

More stardom wrestlers off overseas

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1773199082120716643?t=LUrqaf6qI5lbM-vBGDCvHw&s=19

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Mr E posted:

If you have Wrestle Universe and like joshis absolutely whacking the crap out of each other I can recommend the Sendai Girls show they uploaded recently.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Was looking to see if this weekend's Stardom shows are on PPV (they are) & saw this note at the bottom of the page which seems worth sharing, more as confirmation than as news

"Additionally, at the recent Nara and Kyoto tournaments,
we conducted a LIVE broadcast that also served as a load test for "STARDOM WORLD. "
From April onwards, we are also planning to hold tournaments that will be streamed live within STARDOM WORLD."

So that's nice to have confirmed. The shows this weekend actually look pretty solid on the hole, & I guess are leaving shows for a bunch of people. Plus the debut match of Rian

Stardom In Sendai
Sendai PIT, Sendai
02line (AZM & Miyu Amasaki) vs Cosmic Angels (Natsupoi & Saori Anou) vs Giulia & Tam Nakano vs Oedo Tai (Momo Watanabe & Natsuko Tora)
1 Minute Gauntlet: Yuzuki vs Hanan, Hazuki, Koguma, Mayu Iwatani, Momo Kohgo & Saya Iida
EXV (HANAKO & Waka Tsukiyama) vs God's Eye (Ranna Yagami & Saki Kashima) vs Oedo Tai (Rina & Ruaka)
Lady C vs Mai Sakurai vs Yuna Mizumori
Aya Sakura vs Sayaka Kurara
Rian vs Starlight Kid
Artist of Stardom Titles: God's Eye (Ami Sourei, MIRAI & Syuri)(c) vs EXV (Maika, Mina Shirakawa & Xena)
Goddess of Stardom Titles: AphroditE (Saya Kamitani & Utami Hayashishita)(c) vs Crazy Star (Mei Seira & Suzu Suzuki)
Live on PPV & uploaded to Stardom World at some point

Stardom In Yamagata
Big Wing Exhibition Hall, Yamagata
Oedo Tai (Momo Watanabe, Natsuko Tora, Rina, Ruaka & Starlight Kid) vs Queen's Quest (AZM, Lady C, Miyu Amasaki, Saya Kamitani & Utami Hayashishita)
5 Minute Gauntlet: MIRAI vs Ami Sourei, Ranna Yagami, Saki Kashima & Syuri
EXV (HANAKO, Mina Shirakawa, Waka Tsukiyama & Xena) vs STARS (Hazuki, Koguma, Mayu Iwatani & Momo Kohgo)
Cosmic Angels (Natsupoi & Yuna Mizumori) vs Aya Sakura & Sayaka Kurara
Maika & Rian vs Wing Gori (Hanan & Saya Iida)
Mei Seira vs Yuzuki
Mai Sakurai vs Tam Nakano
Giulia vs Suzu Suzuki
Live on PPV & uploaded to Stardom World at some point

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Lamuella posted:

If you have Wrestle Universe and like joshis absolutely whacking the crap out of each other I can recommend the Sendai Girls show they uploaded recently.

I was thinking about checking that out next, I'll definitely watch that over the long weekend. Definitely subbing to Stardom too now that I have no other non-wrestling streaming things subbed to at this point.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Neat!
https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1773502330148684021

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Do FIXER vs. Blood Generation vibes.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Mei Seira is literally one of my favourite wrestlers. I put her in my top 10 for 2023. She isn't as known as the others in the match but her and azm are going to do some cool stuff

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
No Poi, no buy

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

There are some talents who have clearly committed to stardom that bushiroad love that I'm curious aren't on the tour and she is one of them. I suspect it's precautions over her neck injury she is just back from. Natsupoi is a pretty big star. They felt her loss last year.

https://twitter.com/SparkJoshiPuro/status/1773531407576449420?t=on8K9O9tTQhumTWtQJCPcg&s=19

Crazy tag team

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Rossi can have the baker's dozen that are loyal to him, the stardom girls doing WM weekend shows more than makes up for it.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

apophenium posted:

No Poi, no buy-poi

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I really hope that after the Goddess and Artist titles change hands this weekend we get some immediate challengers for the Philly show

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://x.com/yurika10234785/status/1773661459769180584?s=20

Yurika Oka vs 30 bananas confirmed

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Current card for Philly:

https://wwr-stardom.com/news/20240329-3/

World of Stardom Title: Maika (c) vs. Megan Bayne

High Speed Title: Mei Seira (c) vs. Ram Kaichow vs. Saki Kashima

Syuri & Konami vs. Willow & SAKI

Mayu Iwatani, Tam Nakano & Momo Kohgo vs. Mina Shirakawa, Mariah May & Xia Brookside

Momo Watanabe, SLK & Stephanie Vaquer vs. AZM, Saya Kamitani & Camron Branae (Amari Miller in WWE)

We're actually getting the OG Club Venus reunion! :dance:

I hope they announce at least one more match though. All 5 of those matches will be great but 5 matches seems like bare minimum for a pape

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I wish it was tomorrow so I could be watching Grand Princess 24 in 9 hours instead of a day and 9 hours.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Current card for Philly:

https://wwr-stardom.com/news/20240329-3/

World of Stardom Title: Maika (c) vs. Megan Bayne

High Speed Title: Mei Seira (c) vs. Ram Kaichow vs. Saki Kashima

Syuri & Konami vs. Willow & SAKI

Mayu Iwatani, Tam Nakano & Momo Kohgo vs. Mina Shirakawa, Mariah May & Xia Brookside

Momo Watanabe, SLK & Stephanie Vaquer vs. AZM, Saya Kamitani & Camron Branae (Amari Miller in WWE)

We're actually getting the OG Club Venus reunion! :dance:

I hope they announce at least one more match though. All 5 of those matches will be great but 5 matches seems like bare minimum for a pape

Aw, really glad Mariah gets to be involved, and I bet Maika brings the best out of Megan too. Looks like a fun show, but you're right there should be a couple more matches at least. Hanan and Iida should be on the card if possible.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Willow Nightingale on a Stardom show 😍

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Aw, really glad Mariah gets to be involved, and I bet Maika brings the best out of Megan too. Looks like a fun show, but you're right there should be a couple more matches at least. Hanan and Iida should be on the card if possible.

I find it strange that Suzu and Xena aren't booked since they're probably going to be champions after this weekend. I always just assume visa issues but it might not super profitable to send the whole roster over. I also find it weird that Saori and Poi aren't booked because they move merch like crazy

I dunno. The show has been sold out for a month and they even added some extra standing room only tickets so I guess at that point they had to do the math on how many pape buys they think they'll get vs travel costs for some of the other talent

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Joshisizzle and Dramatic DDT guides are up for Grand Princess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77ieAjdH7kM

https://dramaticddt.wordpress.com/2024/03/29/tokyo-joshi-pro-grand-princess-24-preview/

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Mar 30, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Sayaka and Sakura for a couple of rookies are legitimately beating the poo poo out of each other in this cosmic angels try out match

Edit

They are running Saori Anou v Hanan at all star grand queendom which is a massive spot for Hanan. It's interesting they went with SLK getting the white belt shot earlier in the year at osaka and Hanan the Cindy plus the buntai show

Burn Down Canberra fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Mar 30, 2024