Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Numero6 posted:

Lol at imaging joshi having a side-job gimmick like WWE did in the mid 90's.

Juria..... :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Alaois posted:

honestly it seems like the best way to make Rossy disinterested is to just have your roster all pretend to be married

putting a band on your ring finger to go invisible like lord of the rings

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
https://twitter.com/misterhakusan/status/1779813230946422834

This bums me out

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
Hikari Noa at home rubbing her hands together like "now is my time"

But yeah, this whole thing is a mess and lots of it sours me on the idea of watching it.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Announcing Guilia for your new show sounds uh. Really loving weird given that she just signed with the Fed. ..And the fact that Rossy helped negotiate that. Oh my god is this actually going to turn into NXT Japan.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Alaois posted:

honestly it seems like the best way to make Rossy disinterested is to just have your roster all pretend to be married

Tokyo Joshi Pro Wedding

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Announcing Guilia for your new show sounds uh. Really loving weird given that she just signed with the Fed. ..And the fact that Rossy helped negotiate that. Oh my god is this actually going to turn into NXT Japan.

Was that ever actually confirmed? I know she was shown on NXT over Mania week but did we actually get more than rumours about this?

Granted, that could be why Giulia looked so awkward at the press conference, that she knew she was only going to be with Marigold for a short period of time & here she was front & centre, main eventing their first show. All I can find is a quote from the 11th suggesting she was unable to comment on her future but would quite soon.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

She hasn't officially announced but has done all the "wwe's guest at events, photograph with William Regal, teased an announcement" stuff.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

forkboy84 posted:

Was that ever actually confirmed? I know she was shown on NXT over Mania week but did we actually get more than rumours about this?

Granted, that could be why Giulia looked so awkward at the press conference, that she knew she was only going to be with Marigold for a short period of time & here she was front & centre, main eventing their first show. All I can find is a quote from the 11th suggesting she was unable to comment on her future but would quite soon.

Being shown in the crowd at an NXT show is as good as officially announced as signed.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

They showed her front and center at NXT over Mania weekend and gave her a chyron, she's definitely signed

Which, naturally, if I'm a promoter, means I put her in the main event of my first show. Nevermind that she won't be around in six months

Also lol at Rossy signing Bootleg Tam

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Kairi and Shayna Baszler are my guess.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

forkboy84 posted:

Oh Rossy. It's not the 1980s anymore, wrestlers can be over the age of 18.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Speaking of stardom giulia/syuri v hanan/mayu was bloody brilliant

Edit

So was maika/saya iida v utami/kamatani

Push both members of wing gori

Finally caught up with these and big agree. Another contrast in finishes between Giulia and Utami, though.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oof

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

The Marigolds showed up on todays NOAH show

https://twitter.com/noahglobal/status/1779839625965793687

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

I think him having to use his own money for this is dope and funny

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
um, i just wanted to say he wasn't raku, he was the man in the yellow suit from tuck everlasting

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

"We wanted to wrestle not do stage plays, bikini shows and play Fortnite on YouTube" is a pretty good reason to leave a wrestling company. I like what AWG offers but I'm not going to pretend I don't see why talent would be jumping to leave.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Finally caught up with these and big agree. Another contrast in finishes between Giulia and Utami, though.

This is a big reason why I'm 99.9% sure she's going to the wwe and soon. The wwe isn't a huge fan of signees jobbing. Rossy obviously doesn't give a poo poo about his talent dropping matches on the way out. Utami put over half the roster

It's a miracle that stardom could get her to end a match in a pin by Hanan at the bell. Were she just going to Rossy I think br could have paid her enough to drop a roll up to Hanan.

If we assume she's going to the wwe then her biggest value to Rossy is putting over Utami in a singles match. So she does have to lose

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

WWE who streams with ABEMA who is owned by CyberAgent who owns DDT Pro and TJPW who is airing a new Rossy show who has pissed off Bushiroad that has an alliance with AEW...

Next United Japan Pro-Wrestling alliance contract renewals should be really interesting.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

DOOMocrat posted:

WWE who streams with ABEMA who is owned by CyberAgent who owns DDT Pro and TJPW who is airing a new Rossy show who has pissed off Bushiroad that has an alliance with AEW...

Next United Japan Pro-Wrestling alliance contract renewals should be really interesting.

Believe it or not bushiroad and cyberagent don't view the world in a lens of aew versus wwe

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah given the reach of Abema plus the value having a New Japan show on the services gives I doubt we're gonna any kind of war or heat (especially given the state of the business)

Also lamo that line up sure is underwhelming and Rossy going full All Japan Woman for the dojo is something

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/b3rt4/status/1779965185786106035?t=unoFttxnPxlARjVXC8UGxw&s=19

I take it negotiations over WrestleMania weekend were successful.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Definitely not funded by WWE at all. Not at all.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

PlasticAutomaton posted:

No, Rossi swears that this isn't funded by the WWE even though one of his top stars just got signed by WWE and he was in pictures with Triple H and all the joshi wrestlers that are employed there

I'm more puzzled as to why it's on Wrestle Universe. Weird thing to complain about I guess, now I can see more Hayashishita. Takagi is the real forbidden door, how the hell did he leverage DDT into a massive library with so many great promotions under one roof for under ten bucks a month

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

The wwe had the best chance they will ever get at ripping out the heart of stardom which is the best womens roster in Japan and Rossy couldn't get his "daughters" to jump. What Rossy could do was sign a huge chunk of the mainevent of a tiny promotion with no contracts.

I really don't think anyone is funding this or at least it's very minimal. It just doesn't make sense based on how it's gone down

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

rossy ogawa in his late-ecw heyman era

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/Sinneswandel3/status/1779972081116917950

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/Himanshu_Doi/status/1780175765000294479?t=6SopfGeS9U00VZQaIHpidA&s=19

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Choom Gangster posted:

rossy ogawa in his late-ecw heyman era

Be on the lookout for a Japanese remake of Rollerball.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Gonna take them down to the ACL ranch.

Man, gently caress Rossy, gently caress HHH, and gently caress WWE. I hope this fails more spectacularly than WWE UK and does less damage to the scene in the process.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

I don't think that statement is as damning as that excerpt makes it out to be. Rossy takes pride that the biggest promotion in the world has signed his talent. So rather it's not his promotion becoming an official NXT branch, it's more that he'll not stand in the way if wwe wants so sign someone on his roster.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

This is awesome news. She's always been one of my favorites

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Great news, maybe we'll even see some of the other people Rossy chased off come back.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Gonna take them down to the ACL ranch.

Man, gently caress Rossy, gently caress HHH, and gently caress WWE. I hope this fails more spectacularly than WWE UK and does less damage to the scene in the process.

If WWE really put money into this I'd expect they'd use the NXT name and probably would want its show on Netflix and not on service that owns a competitor. I imagine the extent of stuff agreed to is that Guilia is gonna work some dates and maybe some other talent might do a date or two but nothing more. It just doesn't make financial sense for WWE to spend money on this

Which is gonna make it funny if it doesn't do well and Rossy is using his own money/laundering other money

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

MassRafTer posted:

Great news, maybe we'll even see some of the other people Rossy chased off come back.

My understanding is that she was going to quit entirely and Rossy convinced her to work part time around the injury rehab she was doing (and other things like the BJJ stuff). I assume Syuri staying is a big factor in Konami staying but I’m fairly sure that Rossy has little to do with this.

In fact who HAS Rossy “run off”? Unagi appears to have been a Bushiroad thing (that one was the first reported booking change where they changed a Cinderella tournament finish from Unagi winning to Natsupoi winning); the person leaving before that was Kyona (very injured); Natsu who I would not be shocked to see turn up in Marigold and then it’s a bunch of rookies. There might be some freelance person that worked a few dates but Stardom generally has had very low turnover: the fact that I’ve come up with only three non-retirement departures in five years (Kagetsu retired but again the reporting on that suggests Bushiroad and he probably isn’t coming back to a women’s wrestling promotion for obvious reasons; Hazuki went back to Stardom; Arisa Hoshiki had the neck injury although the disgusting reaction she got from some fans didn’t help and then Himeka which feels like a standard Joshi retirement so who knows): relative to basically every other promotion that’s remarkably good.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/FightfulSelect/status/1780297091027173550?t=XzJSP6zZdwlA5oo59r4CdQ&s=19

Guess we know how long Rossy will have her for. He's very fortunate he got Utami to leave.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Also stardom has just learned a valuable lesson in why njpw has their contracts run out about a month after their biggest show and not a month before it. The build for this show has been somewhat hampered by an new promotion trying to sign their entire roster

I'd have offered contracts that run until may next year if they have to keep doing year to year or move the time they run this show.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Also next time, don't run a trip to America the month of what's supposed to be the biggest show of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Stall_19 posted:

Also next time, don't run a trip to America the month of what's supposed to be the biggest show of the year.

I'd also agree which is why it makes sense to move when they run the show if they want to participate in mania stuff.

Now stardom have done a lot of stuff well. I'd say they have made the red and white belt challengers credible to the point I can see a title changing hands (probably Momo winning the world of stardom) and considering where Hanan and Watanabe were in say January that's a good effort.

But a few external issues have made them rush the rest of the build. Now njpw did that for a lot of kingdom too which they don't really have the same excuses for. Still building matches a bit earlier is my major criticism for stardoms new creative. It actually helps with business guys. There is a point to it lol