Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

Pylons posted:

GCW should get more poo poo for derailing Itoh's career imo

Pylons posted:

Has she ever felt closer to the title than Wrestle Princess 2?

I guess you could make the argument it's derailed her career in kayfabe but she's way more over abroad than domestically so it's prolly a pretty good move as far as her actual career goes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Crapple! posted:

Sad news out of the Seadlinnng show (don't worry not an injury or anything like that)

Arisa Nakajima is retiring in August

Arisa Nakajima is one of the people that could be considered the greatest in-ring womens wrestler of the modern era: a list that really doesn't have that many names on it. Almost certainly more good matches than you can mention - the Best Friends tag runs with Tsukka were great; her singles title build and run in 2019 in SEAd was fantastic (especially anything involving Nanae Takahashi) and even more recently the Sareee match last year was one of the best matches of 2023. Her retiring is a huge loss in general; but especially to SEAdLINNNG (who will now have a grand total of 0 signed active non-rookie wrestlers; with Yoshiko still being there on paper despite being out for many years) and the independent scene in general - while she had limited dates since moving from JWP to SEAd she always was a highlight of the year when she had big matches.

Backstage afterwards she said the reason was that the two big recent injuries meant that she could no longer go at 120% and that she wanted to retire before that got worse; which is a shame but also understandable. While it leaves things on the table it is also good to see people get to retire near their primes especially when they have had a lengthy career with lots of highlights as it is.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

And at least we'll get some Best Friends tags before she goes now Fujimoto is back from maternity leave.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Johnny Landmine posted:

I guess you could make the argument it's derailed her career in kayfabe but she's way more over abroad than domestically so it's prolly a pretty good move as far as her actual career goes

Isn't that the point overall people are making though? She took the better offer for her, financially, but someone who showed real promise spends more time in GCW than TJPW now.

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

gcw is the number three wrestling company in the states, that's where her promise is being realized, not wasted man. tjpw isn't some huge company playing to big crowds, they are basically a small indie. she is getting more reps by meeting fans, doing merch, doing cons, and all of the other stuff needed to actually make money in the business by being in gcw, experience you don't get in tjpw. the market is very different here, and much more lucrative.

staying in tjpw exclusively would have been wasting her potential enormously. im guessing your point is a dig at the quality of work at gcw, but that's just stupid. she has wrestled a much more diverse roster of higher quality talent than teej can offer. her having a match against speedmike is a better use of her potential then wrestling loving pom lol

Choom Gangster fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Apr 21, 2024

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I want joshi to be happy working wherever they want and making more money. Sometimes they go to bad places like WWE and sometimes they go to good places. Oh well

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I would assume that if she felt like she was being wasted in GCW or whatever that she simply wouldn’t take bookings there anymore. I haven’t watched GCW in ages (the Hammerstein show was where I finally gave up) but she’s always come off as one of the top three names in GCW at the least.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Getting big mad a wrestler works a more American style and stops walking the Princess Road enough that you say they've "ruined" their career.

By that metric Vader ruined his career by working in New Japan.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
They said "derailed", not "ruined"

I don't agree with either though. Maki is a huge draw in GCW and makes a killing on merch and meet n greets and she said she's having a good time there

And yeah she's also getting way better in the ring wrestling outside TJPW, and I say that as someone who really likes TJPW

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
Maki didn't learn all that English through profanity (thanks, Kamiyu!) to not work in America.

It's also why Maki wants to stay with TJPW; they let her gently caress off to the US whenever she wants to go cut open heads with pizza cutters or get her head cut open by pizza cutters (thanks, Ram!) and have no problems with it. Pretty sure they appreciate her suggesting or vouching for foreigners to drop by Teej as well.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i do kinda wonder whether itoh's poorly-received AEW appearance (personally i blame jim ross, as i always do) is the spark that lead to her thinking she needed to get more wrestling outside of TJPW

"oh my strikes holding this microphone aren't believable enough are they?? fine i'll go learn how to loving blade"

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Look at these guys

https://twitter.com/Kiwi__011/status/1782057733044240856?t=WHyrqdOvD_BmbtCW4FWSRA&s=19

Stardom is packed with awesome tag teams.

I need that crazy star v wing gori match

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
In TJPW's quest to just like, corrupt and/or kill all the children:

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1782069104410841467#m

Runa gets to have a match against Yuna Manase on the 6th.

It's a wonder her parents even let her out of the house at this point.

Haru also gets to have a match against one of her favorites, Maki. She's probably going to cry again.

HamburgerTownUSA fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Apr 21, 2024

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Pylons posted:

Has she ever felt closer to the title than Wrestle Princess 2?

she has to lose atleast 7 or 8 more times in title matches to actually win, so it's not a problem

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Never would have expected this

https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1782287838702096880

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

That came out of nowhere.

I wonder what prompted her to lace the boots back up? I know she attended that one TJPW awhile ago that was a tribute show to the superfan that had passed, and I know Marika was there as well.

I bet NeoJoshizzle is going bananas over this news.

HamburgerTownUSA fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Apr 22, 2024

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Lol, they should work the match over the dozega.
https://twitter.com/kira_tjpw/status/1782249170113540266

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Bushiroad have finally merged njpw and stardoms corporate. A not insignificant operational change that probably won't have a huge direct impact on consumers at first.

But stardom is now incorporated by njpw

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
The future. :shobon:
https://twitter.com/shupromobile/status/1782605323850682480

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/meraWRESTLING/status/1782629007537901769

Giulia and Sareee are gonna beat the poo poo out of each other and it's gonna rule.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/sg_oxxt/status/1782570940238533011

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

You could say bushiroads arguments moved them

To a bigger house

Edit

I see people on xwitter are reading this as if the roster tricked him. I do think there was genuine anger towards a lot of bushiroad management towards the back end of last year

But a) when the rubber hits the road they have bills to pay so money is important and b) Taro Okada did a lot of good work managing the situation. I also think his age might help too. He's actually around the same age as Tam Nakano. It's a young roster. Not having a decrepit old man in a hat in charge might be a good thing.

So it's not like i think they colluded to get rossy out. More like marigold sounded hypothetically good but then reality hit

Burn Down Canberra fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Apr 23, 2024

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Working Rossy into starting a new territory just to get him out of Stardom. Best women’s wrestling

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
Maybe they figured out that they wouldn't be elevated/pushed, the promotion folds and half the roster returns as MARIG*LD Alliance in a few years.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Who actually left with Rossy other than Giullia? (And she's barely even leaving for Marigold, seeing as she's marking time before starting with WWE, seemingly)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Gaz-L posted:

Who actually left with Rossy other than Giullia? (And she's barely even leaving for Marigold, seeing as she's marking time before starting with WWE, seemingly)

Utami Hayashishita, MIRAI, Mai Sakurai & the rookie Yuzuki

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

Utami Hayashishita, MIRAI, Mai Sakurai & the rookie Yuzuki

So not exactly Misawa leaving with the entire AJPW roster.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

So not exactly Misawa leaving with the entire AJPW roster.

Hell it's hardly an SWS or Gaea

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Rossy compensated by taking another promotion's main event talent

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Do you think guilia is self aware enough to realize that her 'taking a risk' and jumping to Marigold is not the same as someone without a WWE contract taking that same risk?

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

mooseinfants posted:

Do you think guilia is self aware enough to realize that her 'taking a risk' and jumping to Marigold is not the same as someone without a WWE contract taking that same risk?

It's 100% why Utami put over half the roster and giulia wouldn't even put over Suzu (the day after Utami did)

It's much easier for giulia to be like so long suckers. Everyone else in marigold probably needs to keep the potential of going back to stardom in the back of their mind

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Well, at least Rossy can say he was more successful than Bobby Fish

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Duke Pukem posted:

Well, at least Rossy can say he was more successful than Bobby Fish

But was he ever given... the iggy?

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Maika is going nuts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YvpaJwrYwU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Someone dub Geto Boyz over this

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Gaz-L posted:

But was he ever given... the iggy?

Ironically, he was given the office

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/toxic_thekla/status/1783798137653690755?t=5cSlA_Ue5ISzKQ2viiF5fg&s=19

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Is she a free agent or was that world wide web tweet just clever wordplay

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
All-Star Grand Queendom is this weekend and it's going to fuckin' rule.

Pre-show

Momo Kohgo vs. Ranna Yagami
Cosmic Angels (Yuna Mizumori and Sakura Aya) vs. Lady C and Rian T

Main Card

God's Eye (Syuri, Konami and Ami Sohrei) vs. Empress Nexus Venus (Xena, Waka Tsukiyama and Hanako)
Saki Kashima (c) vs. Saya Kamitani vs. Saya Iida vs. Fukigen Death for the High Speed Championship
Mina Shirakawa vs. Natsuko Tora
Crazy Star (Suzu Suzuki and Mei Seira) (c) vs. FWC (Hazuki and Koguma) vs. 02line (AZM and Miyu Amasaki) vs. YoungOED (Ruaka and Starlight Kid) for the Goddess of Stardom Championship
Rina (c) vs. Sayaka Kurara for the Future of Stardom Championship
Aja Kong and Kaoru Ito vs. meltear (Tam Nakano and Natsupoi)
Mayu Iwatani (c) vs. Sareee for the IWGP Women's Championship
Saori Anou (c) vs. Hanan for the Wonder of Stardom Championship
Maika (c) vs. Momo Watanabe (2/3 falls for the World of Stardom Championship, falls are regular match, hardcore, and last woman standing)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

drat line at the post office making me miss the tjpw show :negative: