Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

E: Woops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Crapple! posted:

I haven't had a chance to watch all the Cinderella qualifying matches but the last 3 matches on that show (Giulia/Syuri/Konami vs Momo/Stephanie/Fukigen, Poi's return match, and the 3 way tag) were all fantastic. Poi looked really good. Not fully back to how she was yet but great nonetheless. Sareee and Hash were fuckin awesome.

Edit: attendance of 1555 for those who keep track

Decent increase from last year's opening night

It's probably not sustainable leaving an executive in charge of creative and Taro Okada has been upfront that they are looking for help with the booking

But

The January to march period has been better this year than last year. Even the day to day house shows seem better.

Stardom is at present not the hardest promotion to book because the roster is so good. it does needs to be acknowledged that okada has done a good job correcting course after they came off the rails last year. Today's korakuen show has high potential

Giulia v Vaquer should be good but the Cinderella matches

starlight kid v Suzu Suzuki, Hanan v Mirai and Mei Seira v Saya Iida are three matches that should absolutely rock

So positive signs for stardom if bushiroad can retain most of the roster.

Burn Down Canberra fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Mar 9, 2024

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
January through March last year was actually awesome just because of the Waka story and getting her first win

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Much like Grand Princess, this is also a neat card

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1766645149919297666/photo/1

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Cinderella matches from today were all excellent..I'm going to put my recommendation in spoilers but I won't spoil the match. More about spoiling who won last night to advance

suzu v slk was excellent but Hanan v Mirai absolutely tore it up. Those two matches are absolutely worth seeking out

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Billie vs Hyper Misao will be a match for the ages

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Giulia vs Vaquer was cheeks. Giulia has one foot out the door and needs to be gone pronto

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
This year's Cinderella tournament has been much better than last year's.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Stall_19 posted:

This year's Cinderella tournament has been much better than last year's.

It's been fantastic

No nonsensical booking to protect wrestlers where they look like morons. All matches mostly been fought like proper singles matches and top rope eliminations being used and teased but not to a ridiculous degree.

The quarter final match decided by the last two Cindy matches today I'm legitimately super excited for

Stardom is so simple. Just let the roster do their thing.

EvilMoFo
Jan 1, 2006

EvilMoFo posted:

A reminder that Women Of Wrestling is a thing.

The airing episodes are about to hit the point when I attended the tapings (12/13 & 12/14) since the trios tournament is going out either this weekend or next weekend most likely; (because I know who wins) that episode is going to be very interesting to watch.

I found a podcast (that is also posted on youtube, which includes clips when relevant it seems) that talks about WOW, it's a week behind airing episodes and it's really honest about the production, though it sounds like some other promotions are lightly mentioned as well: https://wpnwrestling.com/
well the trios tournament didn't air yet, it will next week though

that said, now that this episode aired....
I would not have expected miami sweet heat to have re-won the tag team championship in the intervening time between what was being aired when I attended and what was taped; it took far too long for the mother truckers to get that poo poo
the netflix show (about ovw) that they were prominently featured in was mentioned when they won, it came out between the taping in August and the taping in December so it makes some sense I guess

also, the championship ending sure was some poo poo

edit: the most recent womensprowrestling podcast (for last weeks episode of wow) mentioned this production: https://uwwevents.com/

EvilMoFo fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Mar 10, 2024

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Burn Down Canberra posted:

It's been fantastic

No nonsensical booking to protect wrestlers where they look like morons. All matches mostly been fought like proper singles matches and top rope eliminations being used and teased but not to a ridiculous degree.

The quarter final match decided by the last two Cindy matches today I'm legitimately super excited for

Stardom is so simple. Just let the roster do their thing.

Yeah, I'm digging the tourney more than I have in the past too.

Shame it sounds like Mirai is leaving at the end of the month but good that they're moving ahead with others. Hanan should have an amazing FSGP.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I'll be honest, on my ledger of people I predicted leaving it was more people like Hazuki & Koguma than someone signed from TJPW & someone signed from Ice Ribbon who joined after the Bushiroad takeover happened.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Momo Kohgo got hurt again, out indefinitely, again

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

yea ok posted:

Momo Kohgo got hurt again, out indefinitely, again

Bushiroad had her working the fantasticamania tour in some role backstage. Obviously everyone likes her but she's had a terrible run of luck with injuries.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I believe she’s 37 now: she debuted in wrestling a lot older than others do without an athletic background and that is the age where injuries can be a lot stickier and might not fully heal as much. She also has Graves Disease which is certainly manageable but also might play a factor in all of this. Pro wrestling being worked makes the physical decline a lot less significant (especially, to be frank, for someone that isn’t a highly athletic wrestler) as you can work through it but in sports this is also the time people just get injuries they cannot clear.

Hope she comes back and it sticks; but that’s always the concern I have for wrestlers as they get older. The 50 year old Diana rookie injuries her ACL a few weeks ago and while that might be minor if it is a serious knee injury she will not recover in the way that a 20 year old would with the same problem. Same thing with male wrestlers as well right - I know Kota Ibushi did not help himself with how he recovered but like he had a serious injury and on coming back had looked the shadow of his former self and at 41 it feels very unlikely he drags it back.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

forkboy84 posted:

I'll be honest, on my ledger of people I predicted leaving it was more people like Hazuki & Koguma than someone signed from TJPW & someone signed from Ice Ribbon who joined after the Bushiroad takeover happened.

Giulia and Mirai are probably the two main examples of bushiroad over ruling rossy I'd reckon..

Based on what Saito or Sonny leaked to meltzer and a little bit of guess work I think bushiroad basically said so yeah Tam is leaving all-star queendom red belt champion and Mina is leaving white belt champion

The somewhat over booked roundabout way the white belt got to mirai so she still got a decent rub for the title with hindsight strikes me as a compromise between the two parties.

And much like Maika winning the red belt after the storyline was maika you are a big choking loser the corporation probably got it right.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

The card for TJPW's Mania weekend show in Philly is apparently confirmed.

1. Hyper Misao Vs Billie Starkz
2. Shoko Nakajima Vs Rhio
3. Yuki Aino & Raku Vs Yuki Kamifuku & Viva Van
4. Suzume & Arisu Endo Vs Nao Kakuta & Zara Zakher
5. Mizuki & VertVixen Vs Max The Impaler & Pom Harajuku
6. Miyu Yamashita & Maki Itoh Vs Rika Tatsumi & Miu Watanabe

Seems pretty much a house show, though I'm sure it'd be fun if you can see it in person.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

shoko/riho will 100% tear the house down

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

ItohRespectArmy posted:

shoko/riho will 100% tear the house down

It is Rhio though, the English wrestler who did a handful of Teej dates in 2022

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

forkboy84 posted:

It is Rhio though, the English wrestler who did a handful of Teej dates in 2022

lol fucks sake.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Nao is graduating :(

https://x.com/tjpw2013/status/1767777658329595968?s=20

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

RIP to the best theme :(

Hopefully it's not a complete graduation from wrestling, really enjoy her heeling it up

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I hope she finally caught that rat she was chasing :'(

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

SG Bamboo posted:

RIP to the best theme :(

Hopefully it's not a complete graduation from wrestling, really enjoy her heeling it up

https://twitter.com/ScottEWrestling/status/1767782751346831865?t=UKMN9V40j6__NmN5WxnZbA&s=19

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
Oh man that really sucks. She was really starting to lean into being more heelish and really stepped it up as of late.

I hope that the whole Free WiFi stuff wasn't what made her decide to finally hang things up.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
She's retiring from the public eye completely says Mr. Haku
https://twitter.com/misterhakusan/status/1767804976624005301

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Nooooooo Naooooooooooo :(

I wish her well.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Her retirement got a lot of reactions from wrestlers outside of TJPW which is both cool and sad. :(

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1768036107743088689

I don't like any of this.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

i do

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

I have mixed feelings. I could see Stardom getting the bad end of the deal.

If nothing else it will be fun if Mercedes can wrestle in Japan periodically.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Hashimoto & Sareee Vs Poi & Anou? Match is incredible as promised

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Another day, another exciting live tjpw

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Dang, missed the first half hour. And least I can see Mahiro beat this child

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Runa showing off the strength she's built while she's been away

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Toga is cool

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

This rookie fight has been hella rad

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

won't be hearing this theme too many more times :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

That was a real good headkick to finish it but otherwise I wasn't super feeling the match