Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Candice will be the Cedric of the MYC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Evie's new name is actually pretty good IMO

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Is the Adele look alike good?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

this is fantastic

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Yes, of all the poo poo booking involving the women, a legit Olympic medalist judoka who is one of the most popular female athletes in existence getting pushed would be too far.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

:eng101:

E: holy poo poo Serena looks great

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I have all the feels. Everyone looks like they're gonna cry.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Taynara's gear owns

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'm the president of the Toni Storm fan club

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Rovert, do you know which woman was originally out before replacing Nixon?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

The big ones are Jazzy is Alpha Female, Abbey Laith is Kimber Lee, Sarah Logan is Crazy Mary Dobson, Mia Yim was Jade in TNA, and Dakota Kai is Evie.

To add to this, Piper Niven is Viper and Rhea Ripley is Demi Bennett.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I really don't expect more than a small handful of signings from this. I'd narrow down the field as such:

Already Signed
Abbey Laith
Bianca Belair
Dakota Kai
Kairi Sane
Lacey Evans
Reina Gonzalez
Rhea Ripley
Sage Beckett
Sarah Logan
Taynara Conti
Vanessa Borne
Xia Li
Zeda

Almost Certainly Getting Signed
Shayna Baszler (Ronda's BFF)
Toni Storm (duh)
Jazzy Gabert (is huge and was reported over huge)
Kavita Devi - (huge India boner in WWE right now. I'd say she gets signed but trains in PC off TV for a while.)

50/50 odds IMO
Candice LeRae
Mia Yim
Nicole Savoy
Piper Niven
Rachel Evers

Possible but Unlikely
Kay Lee Ray
Santana Garrett
Serena Deeb
Mercedes Martinez (I just don't see it)

Very Unlikely
Marti Belle
Miranda Salinas
Princesa Sugehit
Renee Michelle
Tessa Blanchard
Ayesha Raymond

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MrBling posted:

do we know if wwe has signed Taynara Conti? (The brazilian judo girl)

She seemed like one with a lot of potential.

She was signed before the tourney

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I assume Toni wears that weird little hat because her normal look is too similar to what Nikki Bella wears?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

i think it's more likely Shayna gets somehow distracted and Kairi wins. The Horsewoman thing is going to require Shayna on the main shows, so it makes more sense to have Kairi win in a way that furthers the Horsewomen storyline.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

DM Punk posted:

I mean, its no different than any other celebrity fandom. I am sure actors and musicians get all kinds of stuff from fan at conventions and whatnot

That is also creepy

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The makeup on Shayna looks so awkward and forced

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Fuckkkk

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

What about the massive scoop that she was raised by a housekeeper

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I guess she has a thing about vets trying to give her advice that rubs a lot of people wrong

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Also, doesn't Trips really like Dana

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

It’ll be Nia winning to challenge Alexa.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I mean, it's the only non-Candice way to get anyone to give a gently caress at all about Joey Ryan so I guess I understand.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Whoa wait she’s only been wrestling for 6 Years? drat

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I saw Holidead at an ROH show and she was loving awful

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Richter Scabies posted:

Thinking about going to this in April because Emma vs. Britt Baker (and Fenix vs. Pentag0m), plus it's be my first indie experience....the whole card looks a bit goofy apart those two matchups though.

https://mobile.twitter.com/remixpro/status/951097112271474688

I’ll be there.

Parking is kind of tight so try to get there a little early. It’s a middle school gym. The nice part is if you have general admission, you’re in the bleachers so the view is quite good.

It’s a good first indie experience though. A lot of the locals aren’t good but they try hard and they only do two shows a year so the crowd is generally pretty hot.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Stardom should send people to PWG

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Really, if an American top level Indy was gonna book Stardom women regularly, AAW seems like the most likely option.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Everything about that half hour of Women of Honor was awful

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

coconono posted:

Rossy's using whatever leverage he can play with. Showing up in WWE media is either him cementing a deal with WWE or using it as leverage to sweeten his Sinclair agreement. I can't imagine he's not too thrilled with ROH's afterthought treatment of women's wrestling but he can't possibly believe WWE won't drape his women in kimonos and give them funny passport acts.

If his women do anything with WWE it won't be on the main roster so I don't think the kimono issue is in play here.

It would most likely be a deal for the MYC, if I was guessing. They can't run that back with all of the same women.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

So what’s the point of this drafting factions thing? It just seems like a pointless booking obstacle but I admittedly watch Stardom sparingly.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

June is THE month when it comes if ICW and PROGRESS join the Network anytime soon. I've heard a third promotion a US-based one which is possibly the worse possible choice but that's a different matter.

Impact?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

Various people are dropping annoyingly vague hints about who is in it to me.

Sucks when people do that, doesn’t it?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

Nicole Matthews is in the MYC 2.

Hell yes

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Zeuxis, Isla Dawn, Lacey Lane and Karen Q added to the MYC

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol Kelly Klein

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Commentary team is Mauro, Beth and Renee. Show starts Aug. 29 with Bracketology and will air weekly after NXT.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If they’re smart, they’ll have a babyface win the MYC and then take the belt off of Shayna at the November Takeover

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

It's really sad that the MYC Finals and NXT Women's Title matches are potentially going to be the only great matches on the card. I put them in spoiler tags for safety but still. The "developmental" brand dunking hard on the main roster (on the same show!) is going to be a sight to behold.

MYC Finals: Toni Storm vs Io Shirai

NXT Women's Championship: It seems like the direction is Kairi Sane vs Shayna Baszler IV, if the latest set of tapings is anything to go by.

The funny part is going to be when both of these are on the Preshow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Cons are a massive scam to exploit people who get weird highs off of waiting in line to be in close proximity to a celebrity for 3-5 seconds