Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/885026072017985536

It looks like Stardom might start sticking free matches up on YouTube. I'm not sure that this isn't a one off but this is a fairly nothing match to put up. Saying that Jungle Kyona is probably a good combination of entertaining gimmick and in ring ability to draw people in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

No spoilers for the Mae Young classic please. There's already a spoilers thread to talk about that. Seeing a bunch of black bars would get obnoxious too tbh.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

rovert posted:

Wish there was an easy answer re:spoilers but the release schedule is such a farce my modern standards.

Bracketology on August 20th.

First four episodes on August 28th.

Last four episodes on September 4th.

Finals live after SD in Vegas on September 12th.

this is utterly bizarre. What's the reasoning?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

wasn't Lufisto's more the opposite end of the stick, like a "gently caress you guys who make it big and forget the little people" type thing?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Mob posted:

The shitapple doesn't fall far from the poo poo tree or the grandpa poo poo tree.

I've heard "the poo poo doesn't fall far from the arsehole"

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Cavauro posted:

just want to get out ahead of the pack in declaring tsukushi completely innocent. she was holding a butter knife when kagetsu grabbed her arm and pulled it close and kept on yelling, "why are you trying to stab me so bad. stop doing those stabbing me motions" extremely loud. it was supposed to just be a joke at first but then when a bunch of people took it seriously she was too embarrassed to set the record straight so here we are

Wait, who was too embarrassed? Kagetsu or Tsukushi?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

They only passed on Io because she's hurt IIRC. When not if type situation.

She's wrestling in the 5 Star Grand Prix right now. (I assume not literally right now because it's 12 noon in Japan)

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Huh, just looked up Sage Beckett and she's Rosie Lottalove from TNA? Wow, good for her. I didn't even recognize her.

oatgan posted:

Mandys stardom run has been hilarious so far

I've only watched Night One and her match with Io and that was hilarious in a why would they book that finish way. Has it been hilarious in a good or a bad way?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Kafu, the Brazilian Beast, always ended up a massive talent for me in EWR back in the day. Whatever happened to him?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

She also turned 20 today which makes me feel incredibly old.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Auritech posted:

AZM is 14 and Ruaka is 13, too. And I don't even know the age of the two girls Ruaka faced at the Shin-Kiba show I went to.

yeah but kids being a lot younger than me doesn't make me feel as old as an adult being much younger than me if that makes any sense?

I didn't realise AZM was that young though. I would have guessed 16-17.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

oatgan posted:

i think a heel should win because faces won the last two special tournaments

TJP was supposed to be a face but he is so unlikeable that it was practically a heel win

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

Put something that concerns me about the finals in spoilers:

Am I the only one who thinks WWE is going to feed Kairi to Shayna, just to continue setting up this lovely 4HW vs 4HW angle? It seems blatantly obvious, and would taint the tournament for me, if this was all just to set up this angle that I personally have zero investment in. This would also completely kill Kairi's momentum and I don't think she could recover from it, since I don't trust WWE's booking team (even in NXT) to rehab someone successfully.

sadly, that's exactly how I see it going. They probably should have been less concerned about making 3/4 of their horsewomen look like stupid idiots who keep losing to Alexa Bliss because they're stupid idiots if they wanted to go that direction though

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Vaguido posted:

Yeah, this sentiment unironically going on in MYC discussions is really annoying. Regardless of who wins the whole thing, the other 31 women can still get over and get pushes and win titles. They aren't dead unless WWE wants them to be dead.

Please remember TJP won the CWC last year. It meant nothing.

You'd have a good point if any of the other 31 guys in the CWC did anything of note in WWE but the only people from that doing anything of note are the two guys who ran off to Japan.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Vaguido posted:

I don't think every single woman is staying in NXT. I imagine some of them will be going straight to the main roster. I could be wrong though.

If, as I imagine Shayna Bayzler is going straight to the main roster to do this Horsewomen feud then I think Kairi should win the MYC and be the top face in the NXT Women's Division. MYC title would mean more for her than Shayna who already gets the legitimacy of having Ronda in her corner.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

DM Punk posted:

Candice also designs and makes all her gear. That woman can do it all.

did you know she's a baker? Not sure if they mentioned that during the MYC or not

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I thought Kagetsu/Mayu was really good. I liked HZK/Io a lot too. This 5 Star Grand Prix was my first introduction to Mandy Leon. Am I alone in finding her really really unlikable and bad?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

she seemed a lot happier during the show. Mainly because there were two really loud Taiwanese guys wearing Progress shirts chanting "Toni Toni Toni loving Storm"

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I doubt it, Alexander Wolfe and Axel Dieter Jr. showed up with the rest of Ringkampf in wXw and Kassius Ohno was lingering in the background of a DDT show. WWE seem to be in a festive mood wrt letting NXT guys do stuff at the moment.

They announced Toni Storm vs. Meiko Satomura at the Stardom show tonight btw.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Delirious announced the Stardom representatives in the WOH title tournament. Kagetsu, Hana Kimura, Mayu and I think HZK.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

lol if they have Kagetsu and Hana win their matches and do their second round match in Stardom too.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

rovert posted:

Expect Kelly Klein to win it.

As much as I want a Brandi/Mandy final. Don't get me wrong.

any clue on who ??? is?

And yeah I think Hana is flying out for her match.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Rossy also let Delirious talk for way too long about this tournament at a Stardom show I was at. And Delirious was sitting front row the whole time so it was super distracting and I think he made his stupid gimmick noises. I'm really not a fan so I might have imagined that last part to justify my dislike for him though.

He also yelled "hey, white guy!" right in my face on his way into the show and he wasn't wearing his mask so he wasn't in character.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

InstaGraham is solid.

he's Kyle Fletcher of Aussie Open, right?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Richter Scabies posted:

Has anyone explained why Mari Apache perpetually looks like she doesn't want to be there in her Stardom promos, etc?

I mean she's cutting these promos in Spanish that aren't even getting translated. I wouldn't blame her if it feels kinda pointless.

The 6 man tag with Mayu, Tam & Mari against Oedo Tai from the most recent Shinkiba show is really good, and the extended beat down section on Tam felt really cruel and sad. I'm looking forward to the tag title match at Korakuen.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

If you have DDT Universe, Tokyo Joshi Pro are doing a live show at 4:30 AM EST, 9:30 AM GMT main evented by Miyu Yamashita vs. Yuna Manase for their title.

I've only seen their January 4th show bit Miyu vs. Reika Saiki was probably the best women's match I've seen this year so worth a watch if you're already subscribed to DDT.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Baron Corbyn posted:

If you have DDT Universe, Tokyo Joshi Pro are doing a live show at 4:30 AM EST, 9:30 AM GMT main evented by Miyu Yamashita vs. Yuna Manase for their title.

I've only seen their January 4th show bit Miyu vs. Reika Saiki was probably the best women's match I've seen this year so worth a watch if you're already subscribed to DDT.

I think this show is free?

https://ddtuniverse.com/program/index/20180218_LIVE_TJP

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

My friends you missed out on that one. In the main event was a woman whose arsenal included the "Boingmaker" and the "Boing-ma-ye" where she did the set up for the moves she was parodying and then, instead of hitting her opponent with a lariat/knee respectively, she hit her with her boobs.

Seriously, it was a pretty fun event. Reika Saiki is amazing. She's 4'11" and her finish is the loving Jackhammer.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The tag was definitely the match of the night. This was the second TJP show I watched and I'm with you on Reika and Maki being great. The Reika Saiki vs. Miyu Yamashita match from their January 4th show might be the best women's match I've seen this year.

The main event was good tonight, and I feel they definitely didn't overdo it with the boob spots like they did in the tag match on the January 4th show.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

TTBF posted:

I didn't realize it was only free for a bit of time. I was gonna watch it today.

I think only the live stream was free. I didn't even realise it was free at all until I went to check what time it was on and it was labeled as free. They didn't really publicise it.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

TTBF posted:

I didn't realize it was only free for a bit of time. I was gonna watch it today.

AbemaTV put the best match of the night on their YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP9llfoqQVo

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I was watching Hana Kimura work as a happy peppy babyface in Sendai Girls and the commentators started talking about her being an Oedo Tai member in Stardom. I'm probably thinking about this more than they ever did but how the hell do they recognise those two characters existing as one person in the same kayfabe?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/966290369267683328

Martina & Candyfloss to tour in April.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

Io is a cool and good person. She donated her merchandise sales from the shows last weekend to the earthquake relief fund in Taiwan (roughly $1850). :unsmith:

you know I live here and I didn't know there was an earthquake relief fund until I read this post.

The tag title match is up on Stardom World btw.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

rovert posted:

Hard to talk about Martina on social media as she takes praise as a criticism sometimes. But I am really happy for her. Never thought her gimmick would last locally let alone become an international sensation.

People should celebrate it but a lot of fans posting "earned not given" takes don't seem to really understand STARDOM and now random their gaijin talent selections can be.

The Stardom Reddit account has implied that they want foreign talent to approach them rather than the other way round. You know how accurate that is?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

When they came here, the shows were run by JVC as in the consumer electronics company which was weird. Hana Kimura got presented with a pair of headphones at the end of the show.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/967225410118283264

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Can any of you explain the context of this clip? Io and HZK pushing some car out of the mud on Japanese TV.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Ishin posted:

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/969419164086566912 I feel like I might need to start watching this TJPW stuff.

The Ito Respect Army got their music video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNvwMrhq1p8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Midnightghoul posted:

They are going to sign Tam Nakano and Maki Itoh

only if every NXT show starts with a live musical performance by Itoh.