Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I just finished watching the Stardom Summer Encounter Champions show and it was really really good but I don't follow Stardom closely so I was wondering what's up with Koguma and Hazuki being a tag team. Did they leave Stars? And are they supposed to be heels now? They were doing a lot of heel type stuff in their match. Also what does FWC stand for?

And just wow holy poo poo at the entire upper half of that card. The whole show was great but the last half was just unreal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I appreciate the answers about FWC but are they still considered to be part of Stars now or did they leave?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Thanks. From reading the past 6 pages or so it seems like there have been some people moving around and I'm trying to get it all straight in my head

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
She looks thrilled

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Just finished watching the Stardom Budokan show and holy moly

Kamitani/Suzuki is a singles MOTY candidate

Mayu/Giulia was also extremely good

That whole show was super awesome

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

She'll probably be on AEW Dark but that's better than nothing I guess

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Risa Sera vs. Mai Sakurai on the 17th show ending with a double count-out because Risa wouldn't stop her giant swing on the floor was a very dumb and amusing finish.

Yeah it was great. They did a really good job of escalating the intense hate between the two and also giving them each 1 point to make that block's standings more interesting

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Is there a way to buy/watch Stardom papes outside Japan? It's been noted before that Stardom World doesn't have them and I don't see a way to buy a replay for any of them

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Oh snap!

Thanks!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I still have no idea why any promotion doing this kind of tournament has their actual champion in the tournament if the grand prize is a title shot. Like what happens if the champion wins? And yes I know wrestling is pre-determined but I've always thought it's weird

I know it gives the champion something to do instead of just sit around for months waiting for a winner and Syuri has put some women over big time

I really hope Giulia wins because she's my favorite in Stardom but I honestly don't care who wins because everyone at the top of each block would be a deserving winner

This 5*GP has been an absolute joy to watch and my Stardom World sub has been totally worth the money

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Cavauro posted:

every wrestling fan regarding logic in booking is always like, "why would anyone ever not be a piece of crap? if it were me making decisions for myself, i'd be a drat rear end in a top hat 24/7." just kidding.

No you're right

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
OedoTai rules. They're a dark circus of misfits and weirdos and I love every single one of them. My favorite OedoTai member is easily Momo Watanabe because she's the most blatant cheater and a huge piece of poo poo and I love her to death for it

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Crapple! posted:

The Stardom 5* GP finals have been uploaded to the site. Can't wait to get home and watch this. It sounds like the show of the year

I'm watching it now. I'm only 4 matches in but holy moly what a show so far

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Finished watching the Stardom show. It was amazing. I am very happy

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

100% agreed! I just finished the finals and it was great al around despite having the winner spoiled when I was looking for information about tie breaks.

Overall I may have enjoyed the FSGP more than the G1 this year. The highs weren't quite as high, but there was no Bad Luck Fale or Chase Owens in the field so the lows weren't nearly as low either.

Sounds like there may be some more English commentary shows on the horizon which I'm looking forward to.

I absolutely enjoyed the 5*GP more than the G1 this year

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Jerusalem posted:

Wait, Miu is only 23!?!? :stare:

She's so loving good though! Definitely not a children women!

https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net...fisher-tjpw.mp4

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Crapple! posted:

not sure if anyone else is watching the Stardom New Blood show on youtube right now but Hanan and Ami Sourei are having a banger

https://youtu.be/OgGGje3mMuo?t=7243

Thanks for linking this. I just watched it and yeah it was good and I loved the finish

I'm gonna watch the rest of the show later

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
So I'm going back through the Stardom World archive to catch up on recent title changes and important shows and I obviously needed to watch the Dec 29th show from last year where multiple title changes happened. I'm up to the main event and it's been a great show so far but I have a question:

Why is everyone walking around with their own personal Starlight Kid mask?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Thanks. I was going to ask about Koguma and AZM having masks in that match and then Utami and Saya also came out with them but not everyone else on the roster did

Starlight Kid's new thing is cursing (?) people she beats after the match and that's pretty cool too. My kanji reading is abysmal so I have no idea what that shiny strip says on it

I know about the stable changes this year because I watched all of the 5*GP and things are certainly different now. One of my goals is to watch back through 2022 to see the turns. I already know about some of them but I want to see exactly what happened myself

Anyway, one of the biggest differences for me right now is just seeing how so many had hair cuts and color changes and a few people got new ring gear. For example, seeing Momo Watanabe and Natsupoi with dark hair was hosed up and I hope they never go back to that

Oh and I also need to find an appearance of Bloody Angel Mina Shirakawa because I read about it and it sounds cool as heck

Is there anything else I should make sure to go back and watch? I'm considering watching the 5*GP 2021 but I'm not it will hold my interest since I already know who won

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Some of the big shows from early 2022 and 2021 (and possibly before then) have English commentary which helped me get up to speed on a lot of the less obvious aspects of rivalries and history. Still working on those but they've been great so far.

Is this on Stardom World? If so how do I enable English commentary? I don't see that option anywhere

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

The English commentary versions are listed as separate events. I forget how I even found them, I think I just browsed through everything and they showed up.

E.g.,
https://www.stardom-world.com/set/3633?fcid=25

Yeah I found them earlier by doing the same thing. It kinda sucks that there aren't that many shows with English commentary although those two guys really suck a lot. I already like my current job but I'd love to send an audition commentary track to Stardom because I already do a million times better job when I'm drunk hootin' and hollerin' at my monitor while watching these matches

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Giulia is the best :allears:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
What the hell is up with Stardom World? Last night I checked to see if the 10/22 show was up and only the last 2 matches were posted. I check this morning and the first 3 matches got uploaded but 4 and 5 aren't there

:psyduck:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
OMG OMG OMG OMG Thekla's back! :woop:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Power Windows posted:

:iiam: except instead of "mystery" it's "sonny"

I don't know what this means

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Stall_19 posted:

Miu's title win came after the evaluation period while some of Hikari's reign was during that period.

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/10/27/full-2022-pwi-womens-150-list-revealed/

Full list for anyone curious.

Giulia at 57 is criminal

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1586210600228515842?s=20&t=LVcKIXgdmXs1zpUqfTlCPQ

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Well I didn't want to see that spoiler but I guess it's my fault for checking the thread before watching the show but because it's Japan that basically means this thread is always a potential spoiler zone for me so maybe I'll just unbookmark. :/

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

yea ok posted:

nah thats my bad i thought since its on twitter and everything it was easy to be watched and not something that was gonna be added later. will be more careful in the future 🙏

It's not a huge deal. I try to avoid spoilers but I also don't freak out and get mad at them either. It's just wrestling

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I thought Unagi was just going on excursion. If she's really done with Stardom that explains why she was jobbed out to everyone in her block in the 5*GP

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I just started up the first match of the 11/12 show and it plays just fine. Are you running ad blockers or anything that might mess with the player? Also what browser are you using? I'm using FireFox with only uBlock origin installed and I have no problems

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
The Stardom tag tournament has been really awesome so far. My only complaint is that they're really overusing time limit draws

Also I'm pretty sure Rossy had to re-book some stuff after Mina got hurt. Regardless, I've been super happy watching these shows

Also, Mafia Bella might be the coolest tag team ever

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Pinwiz11 posted:

Full Gear whatever, the real main event is later that night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVEMXCdRoNs

loving epic

also lmao

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

lmao

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

TV Zombie posted:

Another grim reaper? Who else can they debut/have make a surprise appearance?

Suzu?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Mr. Squishy posted:

There's a lot to be said for a briefcase.
If you haven't already, it's worth to watch that clip unmuted. The scream of despair coming from [rightmost wrestler] was tremendous.

I can't make out who it is but I think it's Mai Sakurai. Can't wait to see that match, especially now that I know about that spot

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Holy poo poo

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I really love how the Giant Swing has made a comeback as a big move that cool people do

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Just finished watching this match and had to post this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

yea ok posted:

Stardom is tite.

:hai:

The Triangle Derby has been excellent. I just wish they would put the points rankings up at the end of each match like they did for the 5*GP and the Tag League. I have to keep track myself and I sometimes forget and I'm not sure who is in the lead now