Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

For some reason the Stardom website doesn't remember my password so I basically have to reset it every time I want to log in. It's super annoying and I'm thinking about unsubbing. It's hard to go through with that though because I really like a lot of the wrestlers on that roster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

not hard to believe since AZM is the best wrestler in the world

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

FatBagzJones posted:

AZM to miss this weekend's shows due to 'injury treatment'

gently caress. I hope it isn't serious

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Good. Because I've just finished my project of catching up with pretty much all of Stardom since the beginning of the year and I have come to the conclusion that AZM is the best wrestler in the world

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

forkboy84 posted:

Stardom have some rad wrestlers. AZM rules and yet I'm not even sure I can say she's the best in her stable, what with it also featuring Tall Saya & Utami. Then you have SLK having an amazing run as a heel, Syuri is Syuri. Momo, Mayu, just quality all the way down

Yeah pretty much all of those are up there. Utami and AZM are both better than Saya K imo (who is still very good) but yeah pretty much everyone you mentioned is basically around that level. I also went out of my way to watch pretty much everything Thekla was in. She is just freakishly talented.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

The disparity in quality between Stardom and AEWs women's division is so big that any type of Forbidden Door sort of thing that makes them look like equals is just going to piss me off. I know it would be good for stardom though so if it happens I'll just grit my teeth and be happy for them

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Stall_19 posted:

Card of the next Stardom ppv in Nagoya

Wonder of Stardom
Saya Kamitani vs Kairi

MOTY incoming

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I only started watching Stardom after Kyona left. Is she any good?

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Just do what I do. Refuse to buy the ppv when it airs, go to Twitter and spoil all the results and all the amazing poo poo that happened on the show, go to purchase the show and then spend 5 minutes on the payment screen convincing yourself not to do it.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Has that ever happened and they pick some low level rookie to give the shot to?

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

The Stardom 5* GP finals have been uploaded to the site. Can't wait to get home and watch this. It sounds like the show of the year

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

So far I've only watched up to and including Mayu vs SLK and that match absolutely ripped. Everything so far has been really good. The only match I didn't really like a ton was Ami vs Saya k but that's probably more a me thing than the match actually not being good. Even Mina had a good match and I'm usually not a fan

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

not sure if anyone else is watching the Stardom New Blood show on youtube right now but Hanan and Ami Sourei are having a banger

https://youtu.be/OgGGje3mMuo?t=7243

Crapple! fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Oct 19, 2022

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Mr. Squishy posted:

I was not, but thanks for highlighting it. There tends to be a lot of fun stuff on these New Blood shows. For instance in the opening match, the blue one has a lot of cool holds.

Yeah I happened to catch the back half of the previous match too and it was also really good from what i saw. I'm probably going to go back and watch this whole thing. Also for convenience I edited the link in my previous post so it now takes you to the start of the Hanan/Sourei match

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I would not describe saya's Phoenix splash as near perfect myself at the best of times. Like the rest of her big offensive moves a lot of the time it either doesn't look right or it just baaarely gets there. I saw a compilation of her offense just the other day and her standing Spanish fly/standing rana are similar. I'm not an expert or anything but it looks like she doesn't have a good enough vertical leap to pull a lot of these moves off cleanly. It's one the many misgivings I have about her as a wrestler

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Here's the translated promo between Saya K and Kairi for their upcoming white belt match. It is really loving good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj8o1BPc0ns&ab_channel=HDSubs

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Am I the only one watching Dream Queendom live?

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Fair enough. Wont post any spoilers of course because it's a general thread.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

High speed title match was loving insane. Not a spoiler

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Yeah. I don't think I've ever seen a wrestler like her. The fact she's this good at 21 or whatever is just loving wrong

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Mina should have come out with a steel jaw

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

The match was really good I thought. I think Mina has finally hit her stride and I was super into everything she was doing and then that post match suuuuucked.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

lmao. Whoever is in charge of the props is getting the sack

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

holy loving poo poo

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Meltear are so annoying

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

hell yes

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I'm going to try and be as objective as possible about this match but I know I'm going to be pissed off at the inevitable result

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Giulia winning is definitely the right choice after all the build up. And I do think she's really good and the sort of person who is top star material, I just don't like her a whole lot. hahaha

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

both of them should be dead. I hope they don't just act like those bumps never happened

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

please don't kick out Syuri lol. This match has reached breaking point

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

It was kind of a mixed bag at the end. Them being exhausted added to it at times, but when you are so out of it that you can't remember how to do your moves, it's lessened a bit. That's why everyone's finisher should be a lariat instead of some complicated lift

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I think there are still 3 matches I have to watch and from the sounds of it they might be some of the best on the show lol. I missed most of the prominence match, most of the tag titles match and basically all of the white belt match.

The latter of those I haven't heard much chatter about tbf. But the other 2 I'm definitely going to make a priority

Crapple! fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Dec 30, 2022

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Is there a cliffs notes guide to which joshi promotions have heat with each other and why? I also notice that very few people here watch Stardom despite it being (I think) the biggest women's wrestling company in the world. Is that because Stardom did something to fall out of favour with people in the past or just a preference thing?

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

That makes sense. Stardom is owned by the same company that owns New Japan right? Have they ever tried putting both companies under one streaming service?

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

fez_machine posted:

Edit Edit: I'm downplaying it, if I recall correctly the specific complaints were bikini/provocative photobooks of underage wrestlers.

well that's pretty fuckin disappointing to hear.

IceAgeComing posted:

then the Giulia stuff burned whatever was left it seems) so that feels highly unlikely;

I vaguely remember hearing about this once. I'm guessing Ice Ribbon had big plans for her too before she went to Stardom? Was it a contract tampering issue?

IceAgeComing posted:

Stardom and TJPW are just the closest competition to each other and the latter is very isolationist so generally stays away from interpromotional stuff anyway

I'm guessing this is mostly other Japanese promotions? I don't follow the show, but they seem to use overseas wrestlers a decent amount

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Oh poo poo. AZM vs Starlight Kid on Jan 8. I'm going to seriously consider buying that show. Also Mercedes challenged AZM to a match so maybe she'll turn up afterwards.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

gently caress this Earth. Hopefully its nothing too serious. Thanks for letting me know before I dropped money on the show anyway. That tag match does sound pretty awesome though

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I've only recently discovered Hashimoto thanks to this forum but that match against MIRAI is going to absolutely whip

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Stardom has a lot of great themes. Ever hear MIRAI's theme? hoooooo boy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eplKCStZsfQ&ab_channel=AverageJoshiEnjoyer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

it's 920 yen which is around 7 bucks if you're in the US