Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

I believe she's posted in the past some clips of her working on being able to do a flare/thomas flair, although here looks more b-girl footwork building to a flare.

It'll be interesting to see how she incorporates this in to her moveset if at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Power Windows posted:

Really excited for Kyona's return.

https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/1568147193881575426?t=Q68jFbN-RAS5ZqAChe5b7g&s=19

In other news, STARDOM is prohibiting gifts from fans. You can only send letters to a certain address.

Not surprised. This is a good move in general to keep people from trying to hide GPS trackers in "gifts".

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Jerusalem posted:

:stare:

I uhhh.... Jesus Christ.

Yeah unfortunately it's just another thing to be on the lookout for. Maika tweeted out recently that she's had to deal with some toxic bullshit online and has been having to block people, and I don't doubt many joshi have some crazies that they have to deal with/be careful of to some degree. I remember CyberFight had to put out some statements on all of their Twitter accounts a few months ago about possible legal action against those who want to slander their organization or staff, because Kamiyu and Nao were getting harassment from some weirdo that Stardom fans knew as a crazy person with incidents before, and I know that a few other joshi have very little public social media interaction because of harassment. I believe Kamiyu has also mentioned this is one of the reasons why she made her OnlyFans page; so she could be able to have positive interactions with fans and not have to deal with all the dipshits.

As a whole, I don't see a lot of creators accepting packages or whatever anymore because of the fear of getting tracked, or at least not without a lot of scrutiny before taking it home from their PO box. Before, it would just be worrying that some weirdo sent something gross or illegal, but now they have to factor personal safety/security in to their decision to accept anything from strangers.

LockPickingLawyer, for example, no longer accepts sealed packages because someone sent a tracker hidden in a package to his PO box. He fortunately caught it at the post office, but that ruined it for everyone else. He mentions it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUJtqvYDnkg&t=17s

HamburgerTownUSA fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Sep 10, 2022

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Barry Bluejeans posted:

My bank says it's not an issue on their end and I can't get it to work even after trying multiple browsers with auto-translate off.

Oh well. Thanks just the same, maybe I'll try again later.

Did you make sure that you put the expiration date of your card as YYMM instead of MMYY? That's a common mistake people make because they're used to putting their card in as month/year.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Bonk posted:

Every time there's a Red block show in the tag league, I'm irrationally bothered that the Himeka/Maika team is MaiHime instead of HiMaika.

I know Maihime means something like 'dancing princess' but I want clever portmanteaus!

I always assumed it was a reference to the anime.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My-HiME

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I'm gonna sub to Wrestle Universe for a bit to check out some of the stuff on there after seeing what a ludicrously loaded card TJPW Summer Sun Princess '22 was.

It looks like they don't offer a native Android TV app, but I guess I could sideload an Android APK to my Shield TV for easy TV viewing, but has anyone tried casting from a laptop or something? Does it work reasonably well?

When I don't feel like casting from the WU app on my phone to my Shield, I just use a browser installed on my Shield and watch from the WU website that way.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
Pom also got turbo murdered like 4 different times by visiting wrestler MAX THE IMPALER. One of those times Pom was fed to Max by God Raku herself for her own amusement.

So there's that.

HamburgerTownUSA fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jan 13, 2023

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
Wrestle Universe is definitely a bang for the buck value if you want a lot of wrestling content. There's almost an overwhelming amount of stuff to watch on there that runs the entire spectrum of wrestling.

Also you should definitely consider looking in to ChocoPro. They are the sleeper cell of wrestling. ChocoPro/Gatoh Move regulars and associated people are all over the goddamn place, not just in Japan. They get all sorts of people rolling through to guest wrestle, and Mei only bites some of them and only waterboarded one so far!

HamburgerTownUSA fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jan 21, 2023

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
Oh also if you want to get some deeper character intros for a few of the TJPW wrestlers, check out NeoJoshizzle's channel:

https://www.youtube.com/@neojoshizzle

He was previously just Joshizzle on YouTube, but his channel got nuked because of copyright stuff. His original video on Maki Itoh was one of the things that helped make her popular overseas.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

No one who has a cute teddybear like that could be evil!

Charlotte is also a monster.

Everyone in NEO Biishiki-gun is a monster because they're French

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

So am I wrong in assuming that a lot of stuff on Wrestle Universe, like the Heart Max tournament, just doesn't have English commentary?

Yeah, only the big shows have English comms because they only have a handful of people that can do it and it's probably not worth the cost to translate smaller shows.

TJPW's English primary commentary team is done by DDT's Chris Brookes and Gatoh Move/ChocoPro's Baliyan Akki. Since they are both working wrestlers, that can sometimes lead to musical chairs with guest and additional commentators.

Check Mr. Hakusan on Twitter, as he usually has extra info during the shows that commentary couldn't/didn't translate, like Raku's Train of the Day, or explaining whatever Hyper Misao shenanigans just happened, or otherwise things that have cultural nuance that someone who isn't Japanese may not be aware of.

HamburgerTownUSA fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jan 22, 2023

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Lamuella posted:

You frequently get Drew Parker from Big Japan popping in, and that's always nice because he and Chris have wonderful chemistry.

I enjoy Drew getting confused when Chris explains TJPW lore to him.

TJPW lore is also kinda psychotic so it's understandable.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah I was wondering about that! They were a good team on the Summer Sun Princess show and I really enjoyed how... I dunno how to put it, raw? They were. No sugarcoating, no whattamaneuvers, just "JESUS loving CHRIST!" when someone's head got kicked off.

I was also wondering how a DDT wrestler and someone from the Emi Sakura Cinematic Universe were on commentary for a TJPW show. For DDT I guess it makes sense since they're owned by the same company and both's shows air on Wrestle Universe.

Emi Sakura basically runs the Hydra of the wrestling world. Sleeper agents everywhere.

Chrissy B is also a regular at ChocoPro (and incredibly loyal to them, as he said Emi was the one who really helped him out when he got stuck in Japan when covid lockdowns happened), so that's probably how Akki got roped in to helping him with TJPW's That's JPW all-English short series, which led to them doing TJPW comms.

Also there are random Gatoh Move shows up on Wrestle Universe. I know at least the episode where he puts Rin Rin into the ceiling is on there.

HamburgerTownUSA fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jan 22, 2023

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

I wish wish wish the colors were swapped because goddamn those are some strong looks, especially Maki's.

I also really hope they put those portraits up for sale for those that aren't going to be there in person.

Hopefully this means Miu and Suzume get some collab costumes too.

HamburgerTownUSA fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jan 26, 2023

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

duckdealer posted:

I will be there! Managed to get front row seats somehow so I’m pretty excited.

The ticket buying process was all sorts of fucky for a lot of people. Glad I managed to get some tickets at least.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

John Dudebro posted:

they could have made wrestling history with Pom vs Max the Impaler on US soil. i sure hope someone gets fired for this blunder

If it makes you feel better, even Maki said this:

quote:

Oh, and one more thing!

I have a lot of games before and after, so of course I was selected to participate in the TJPW USA show! Of course everyone will be there, right?

But.... I think it's a big mistake that Pom Harajuku was not selected for L.A. I think Pom will be loved by the U.S. I think Pom will be loved by America.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

coconono posted:

I think we're getting Yuki Arai vs Aja Kong at the TJPW LA show. I'm not sure. I may be hoping out loud.

There are a few people on the roster people assumed wouldn't be going to LA, and Yuki is one of them. Her SKE48 duties are always priority, and they have shows during that time. I doubt her management would have let her go anyways.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
I am buying the commemorative brochure off the strength of that alone.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
Crowd is definitely in support of the rookies tonight.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
Of the new batch of rookies, Toga is coming across as the more serious presenting one of the bunch, so it'll be interesting to see how she develops as a wrestler.

Unsurprisingly she ate poo poo against Miyu, as is tradition.

HamburgerTownUSA fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Mar 6, 2023

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

SG Bamboo posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1633063934193270786

One step closer to Marika working TJPW again, and Echika was pretty good on the last show I saw her on, don't remember if it was 666 or P.P.P

Didn't Marika join P.P.P. after her TJPW hiatus because she thought it would be a better path for her to do stuff overseas? If so, it's probably a bit of a kick in the pants to see so many girls in TJPW now going on excursions to do stuff overseas, as well so much of the roster going to the upcoming LA show, as well as so many foreign wrestlers dropping by.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

forkboy84 posted:

I liked last year (I think, maybe it was 2021) when Dragongate had a battle royal & the winner won a year's supply of cleaning products from sponsor The LEC Corporation

At CyberFight Festival 2022, Maki, Miyu, and Juria got a 10 year supply of Nivea skincare stuff for winning their match.

S Y N E R G Y

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1545004978871234560

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

fez_machine posted:

That interaction with Akki had have to been candid because otherwise Starlight Kid would've known he speaks fluent or near fluent Japanese.

He had the "is this a bit? what the hell is happening? look on his face.

ChocoPro and not running things by other people, name a more iconic duo.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

fez_machine posted:

oh lol there was a teej show live streamed today

I think I've just caught the end of it

It was one of the usual light shows with not much consequence. The main takeaway is that PaMi was paying attention to WWP's DDT match from the day before and figured out an effective strategy against Max. Thanks, Anton!

Heidi: "Max! It's clearly a trap! You did the same thing yesterday!"

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Jerusalem posted:

Hey guys, guess who!?!

Kamiyu is probably dying a little inside being on a team where she's as old as the other two members combined.

Also lol to people booing Yuka for beating up a child.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
It's been a while since I've been denied LOVE

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

The Taxman posted:

Looks like there was some more wrestling from TJPW on WrestleMania weekend

https://www.wrestle-universe.com/videos/uwupEWGT8Us9eakBJiU8bF

I think it's Veda and Ian on commentary

Yep. TJPW had a showcase the day before their event.

Also yet another reason why people were mad that Veda wasn't allowed to call the actual TJPW show

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

SG Bamboo posted:

Yuka is famously bad at cooking, Arisu Endo got her first ever singles win in a cooking battle over Yuka

No matter who wins, Kiso loses.

Maybe this time Yuka won't drop her food on the floor before Kiso has to eat it.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
Miu draws like how her drawings look.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
I look forward to seeing the YouTube behind the scenes video of Moka and Yuka cooking.

I wonder if Yuka managed to not nearly burn herself this time.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
Kamiyu as Mahiro is the lankiest I've ever seen her

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
Wonder if this is a situation where she goes from mostly TJPW with the occasional jaunt to AEW, to mostly AEW with the occasional jaunt to TJPW.

I imagine Tony has big plans for her to make her relocate (or at least can pay her enough to make it worth the hassle); if her contract with TJPW is like Maki's, then it's not a case of being limited in what she can do, as Maki said there are no restrictions so she can do whatever. I wouldn't be surprised if this was always the plan like it was with Emi, given that they were both signed to AEW around the same way back when.

HamburgerTownUSA fucked around with this message at 06:54 on May 8, 2023

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Pylons posted:

Well, Itoh specifically has always been a freelancer IIRC. I think Yuka had *very* limited dates with AEW per year (which is why it's funny when you'd see her fly over for like 3 weeks and work a program in AEW and then be gone for the rest of the year) and maybe they want to use her more than that and offered enough to make it worthwhile.

Maki did a Q&A on her OF a few days ago and was asked:

quote:

Have you ever considered wrestling freelance or finish your career in TJPW?
Also is there anything that TJPW restricts you from doing that you wish you could do?

And her reply was:

quote:

I don't want to be a freelancer!
There are no restrictions at tjpw. So I can do what I want to do.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

BrigadierSensible posted:

In silly petty Joshi wrestling adjacent news.

Last week when I was shopping I found a pack of Joshi Wrestler trading cards. Like the ones you get for baseball or football players.

So bought a pack, picked the first card I saw, and have posted it to my 12 year old niece back in Australia.

So her favourite wrestler now is Totoro Satsuki. She has no choice. Uncle BrigadierSensible knows best.

It sucks a little, coz I would have preferred to get her a Hyper Misao card, but this one has a tiger on it and my niece barracks for Richmond. So, all in all it could be worse,

Yeah BBM cards have been around for quite a while, and they have them for a wide variety of things. BBM starts doing photo shoots near end of year, and go out in February or so. People usually preorder boxes from Mint Mall or whatever so they can get packs nobody has pulled the chekis from and resealed.

Individual cards are easy to find on like Yahoo Japan, and range from a few bucks for regular cards, to hundreds for signed in case you want to get anything specific (make sure to search for the names in Japanese). Some of the wrestlers go completely nuts when decorating chekis (Miu Watanabe, for example), so those are fun to see.

Here are some from last year's set:

https://japanesewrestlingguide.wordpress.com/2022/04/09/2022-bbm-womens-wrestling-cheki-archive/

HamburgerTownUSA fucked around with this message at 06:31 on May 20, 2023

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
I'm still not used to the TJPW rookie music so it takes me awhile to realize who it is.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
Quick fun night. Himawari continues to impress me, and shout outs to Yoppy and Aniki for being able to fill in for Yuki and Rika last minute.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
Hopefully someone reaches out to her in person just to make sure things are cool and it's just nerves.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

fez_machine posted:

Always a chance it's a work like her false retirement/engagement announcement in 2020 (the same show Mei St. Michel debuted)

I highly doubt that. It would be completely out of character for her.

People always knew that she got in to wrestling because she was in a generally bad head space at the time and saw working with TJPW as her way of digging herself out, but after she shared in an interview that she had been bullied growing up and she was lonely and depressed about where she felt her life was headed to the point that she made a serious attempt at suicide, people started paying more attention to the things she said online out of concern for her (as she's said worrying things before), and she seems pretty aware of that fact.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
HYPE! was fantastic.

Also imagine someone taking a look at it without knowing what it was, and wondering why in the chapters the main event starts at 43:46 and ends at 2:12:51

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
Miu as the substitute for Yuka was pretty expected. Will still be a great hoss match though.

I wonder if Nyla is going to visit any other promotions while she's out there. She's going to end up buying so many toys and snacks in Japan she's going to leave the country with less money than she came with.

HamburgerTownUSA fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jun 14, 2023