Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Stardom World isn't a youtube service. Its on the same streaming platform NJPW World and DDT uses. Good rear end OP tho.

some good links:
http://joshicity.com/beginners-guide-to-joshi-puroresu/ Because Joshi is the backbone of actual women's wrestling.
http://wwnlive.com/shine/ landing page for SHINE, which is a monthly women's show available Floslam.tv. Its where future NXT signees are most likely to wrestle against Impact Knockouts.
http://shimmerwrestling.blogspot.com/ The Grandmommy of US women's wrestling. Their DVD catalogue is DEEEEEP. From OGs like Cheerleader Melissa and Sara Del Ray to new school standouts like Evie and Xandra Bale. If you get the women's wres bug, this is where you'll spend money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gaz-L posted:

How is Baszler? I'm surprised they'd be willing to bring someone so relatively new, even with the minor notoriety she has via Ronda.

She is really good with legit grappling experience. Trained by both Josh Barnett and the late Billy Robinson. Works real snug but afaik hasn't seriously roughed anyone up that wasn't down. Her tour through Stardom is a must watch.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

sportsgenius86 posted:

Is the Adele look alike good?

I really liked her Stardom run, beat the poo poo out of both Io Shirai and Toni Storm before losing both matches. Not quite as polished as Havok but definitely smarter about social media.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

you can tell she's a face now because she isn't showing teeth

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Kris Wolf vs Shanna for the High Speed Title next korakuen hall STARDOM show. Could have some interesting implications down the road. That's all I know and all I can say right now.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Auritech posted:

Yeah, Shanna cut a promo setting that up at the 1st Ring show after the tag match she had with Gabby Ortiz against Hana Kimura and Kagetsu. Also, Stardom is starting to promote their "New Era" on Twitter so that's probably part of it.

Also Shanna and Gabby gave me a high five after the show when I told them it was my first live wrestling experience.

you probably didn't ask if Gabby why her top makes it looks like her nipples are pierced. Which is for the best.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Super No Vacancy posted:

nixon tore her acl this tourney is gonna suck rear end lol

noooo

Stardom dug up some old Alpha Female matches for your enjoyment. If you like watching her body tiny japanese women. One of which was wearing jorts.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Baron Corbyn posted:

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/885026072017985536

It looks like Stardom might start sticking free matches up on YouTube. I'm not sure that this isn't a one off but this is a fairly nothing match to put up. Saying that Jungle Kyona is probably a good combination of entertaining gimmick and in ring ability to draw people in.

the Jungle Jungle crew is always so dang happy, its infectious.

Mari Apache has been announced for Stardom cards. Not sure if this is a one off, or she's staying for a tour.
https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/884995598964973568

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Kay Lee Ray was the lady that got thrown into a wall during a ICW show in glasgow if I remember right.

She's gon on and done a bunch of cool matches that very violent.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

So wait, are the women locked up in contracts that keeps them from making other dates during the interim?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mob posted:

hell yes bring in Alpha Female, boy is coconono's Twitter feed gonna be entertaining

had Jazzy won her debut fight at Rizin, the world would be a different place. There was megafight money between her and Gabby Garcia.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

expect Kris Wolf to be making a lot more US dates in the future.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

flashy_mcflash posted:

Alternately, she could have not made or simply deleted those posts

I'm sure you've never done anything stupid like picked your nose in public or gave a speech with your pants unzipped.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rovert posted:

https://twitter.com/WWRProWrestling/status/888921386571501568

Don't expect a AIW Girls Night Out show anytime soon either.

AIW hasn't done an all women's show yearly in ever.

WWR announced a new date tho
https://twitter.com/WWRProWrestling/status/889291109150707717

Priscilla Kelly and Deonna PurrazzolseossiufIgiveup on the card.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Trying to turn this into English and my best guess is you're claiming AIW run women's shows infrequently?

Not really true as looking at Cagematch they generally seem to have run about two a year.

oh poo poo. My bad.

For some reason my brain stopped processing the existence of GNO shows since like the 7th or 8th one.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Women's wrestling in Japan has always been weird. poo poo like max age limits and no boyfriends/partying/tattoos. I'd say its more conservative than Puro by far.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I hope they save Su/Havok for the finals because those Orpheum brawls were a fuckin doozy

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Might be because she looks 50.

she was married to Hulk, dude.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ivelisse is really good at wrestling, her theme fuckin rocks. Just stop posting on social, lady.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DM Punk posted:

She's still a garbage person who has slept with boyfriends of other women wrestlers and intentionally hurt opponents in the past.

So, yeah, gently caress her.

Sounds like those other women wrestlers got better boyfriends out of the deal. Ivelisse is very helpful.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gaz-L posted:

Brooke. Not Linda.

same thing

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rovert posted:

But you can heard it in her accent no?

that's northwest US, and some midwest. Not hearing any canadar.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jerusalem posted:

Lots of Shimmer footage on this show, do they have a good working relationship with WWE?

Prazak and WWE came to a deal over the Punk DVD, don't see any reason to stop now.

Jordynne Grace is headed to japan. Not sure what fed, assuming STARDOM. Will provide updates.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Go RV! posted:

I was thinking about picking up Stardom. Is there anything I should start with in particular?

now now now!

Their Grand Prix is starting and the first show is up. Each match opens with a subtitled promo from all the participants so it's pretty easy to figure out who your faves are.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Capsaicin posted:

is known goon Kris Wolf in the tournament?

Yes.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gaz2k21 posted:

There's a New Podcast called Stiff Right Hand up on ITunes etc on the first full episode is an interview with Skarlett the Bellatrix UK champion it's very interesting and a good little insight into the UK scene, she's on a bellatrix show against the US Champ soon, it's an all women's show that features talent from Shimmer etc.

Bellatrix is really cool and good. Even had one of their champs come out of the closet at a live event. Mad pop.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Tam Nakano has rapidly become a favorite of mine.

https://twitter.com/tmtmtmx/status/889827722624499712

She had a good opening showing in Stardom's 5* Grand Prix!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Here's my 2 experiences with Stardom's english admin:

1. They send out this questionnaire. You know, usual poo poo, what do you like, what do you want to see improved, etc. They even hinted at the possibility of doing meet'n'greets or swag bags. I chime in about how hard it is to navigate between matches(you have to use the back button on your browser, like some kind of pleb). Anyway the response was....*drumroll* we've heard all your thoughts about improving it, but we're keeping everything exactly the same. Why even do a survey then, you dorks?

2. I bought a chromebit which uses highly sandboxed version of Chrome as its browser, had some trouble getting the site working. So I shot them an email. I get a short terse response back that tells me to go fetch info myself. I ended up getting it going thanks to the power of Chrome's extensions, I sent them an email saying "hey, I figured this out, and its a pretty easy way to get Stardom on a big screen, do you want instructions and stuff?" never a response back.

So nothing really super damning but kinda dodgy customer interactions. They've pretty much admitted in the survey email they're working under a tight budget, I get that. But when you're working a super niche market, your best friend is customers being super enthusiastic about the product. My interactions suggested that its not a priority to get ppl fired up.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MYC is doing a great job about getting normies into Women's wrestling. I'm sorta down for that. Upside is women are gettin paid and that's always awesome. Downside is its a WWE produce which means it will go to poo poo once Bucky and Vince start talking about maximum fuckability.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DarkstarIV posted:

I don't see Toni Storm signing, because she still has a ton of stardom dates advertised, and is holding onto one of their titles.

^^Potential MYC spoilers above

if the money's right, none of that other stuff matters.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jazzy Gabert AKA Alpha Female really shined when she did her Stardom tour. I didn't think too much of her until I saw those matches. They're up on Stardom World now if you have access.

here she is against Nane Takahashi:
https://ct.uliza.jp/stardom_en/pc/login.aspx?clientid=1732&msid=1217&episodeid=2012_10_21_06

and against the even smaller Yuhi:
https://ct.uliza.jp/stardom_en/pc/login.aspx?clientid=1732&msid=1217&episodeid=2013_10_06_02

Alpha Female vs Yoshiko(yes that Yoshihiko) vs Act Yasukawa
https://ct.uliza.jp/stardom_en/pc/login.aspx?clientid=1732&msid=1217&episodeid=2013_10_14_01

vs Viper! Monster fight!
https://ct.uliza.jp/stardom_en/pc/login.aspx?clientid=1732&msid=1217&episodeid=2016_03_21_09

vs Io Shirai. For the Stardom Title.
https://ct.uliza.jp/stardom_en/pc/login.aspx?clientid=1732&msid=1217&episodeid=2016_03_26_07

and finally, a personal fave, vs Jungle Kyona!
https://ct.uliza.jp/stardom_en/pc/login.aspx?clientid=1732&msid=1217&episodeid=2016_04_02_04

BONUS CONTENT: Alpha Female wrecks Azumi, Hiromi Mimura & Starlight Kid

https://ct.uliza.jp/stardom_en/pc/login.aspx?clientid=1732&msid=1217&episodeid=2016_05_03_01

coconono fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Aug 30, 2017

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Saint Freak posted:

Maybe she'll get thrown into the Wyatt family and continually lose pointless feuds.

she could bench press Bray while he shouts nonsense

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

^^^Sage Beckett AKA Andrea AKA Rosie Lottalove is a completely different person from her days of crushing Daffney.

oatgan posted:

Mandys stardom run has been hilarious so far

Mandy amazes me because despite everything going for her she still manages incredibly boring matches. I thought that goofy WOH deathmatch she had with Taeler was just an anomaly. This Stardom tour really proves otherwise. Even my mark wife was screaming at the TV for her to actually hit Jungle Kyona.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

You missed her botch of her apron Killswitch on night 2

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Fauxhawk Express posted:

how the gently caress does this even work

In this case, Kyona sorta faceplanted on her own and Mandy rear end bumped with her arms flailing behind her back.

If there wasn't already a telekinetic fairy gimmick making the rounds in joshi indies, Mandy would have a perfect shtick.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Auritech posted:

AZM is 14 and Ruaka is 13, too. And I don't even know the age of the two girls Ruaka faced at the Shin-Kiba show I went to.

I can't remember their names but if they're 11 they look young for their age.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gaz-L posted:

"Least dangerous submission"?! Wasn't it a cross armbar?! So she's either lying or an idiot?

she's an idiot. even a liar would know to shut up by now.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

so lets work on this timeline. I probably have all this wrong because AAA is unwatchable and their management is erratic at best.

AAA books Star in a singles title match against Shani for Triplemania. I'm not sure if the title was vacant, gifted to Star or she won it on a hotshot.
the booking gets changed to four way, including Rosemary because Jeff Jarrett is a goddamn idiot savant.
Sexy Star freaks out in the match, starts lighting people up.
Shani and the other chick(sorry other chick who's name I forgot) bail from the ring because they're tired of having to fight Star, leaving Rosemary alone.
Star cranks a nasty armbar on Rosemary(you could see her shoulder turn white, that's really bad)
Star has to be led to Rosemary's dressing room to apologize for her unprofessionalism by VAMPIRO of all people.

E:
note about armbars. Its a humerus fulcrum crank. Due to the range of motion in the human arm, there's a bunch of really delicate poo poo in that area. Short of just having an arm between your legs, its a loving dangerous hold.

coconono fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Sep 5, 2017

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MrBling posted:

Someone needs to sit Piper Niven down with some tapes of of Aja Kong, Bull Nakano and Vader so she can learn how to properly carry herself as a monster wrestler.
Nothing she does has any real impact to it and everything just looks so tentative.

e: brain failure

coconono fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Sep 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oatgan posted:

It's definitely correct that everyone in this tournament except the winner can never recover and that wwe should just go ahead and fire them now because they'll never amount to anything

the losers are queued up to be catapulted into the gulf of mexico.