Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
They were at all 3 njpw shows at korakuen too. I couldnt really hear them but plenty of folks online were raging about them doing dumb chants.

Good to see they have made fools of themselves across 6 nights and 3 different promotions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Stardom are doing really well. Bushiroad seem to be pretty good at promoting pro wrestling. They weren't that far off dragon gates show from the other day with an open the dream gate title match.

It's the second best korakuen gate in Feb so far. They have to be pleased with how they have drawn so far.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Over on Reddit she (Hana) is getting most of the attention

Obviously she is extremely good looking but she does have x factor outside of that. I can see why management is keen on her

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Love Beas look. Sweet shades

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Good match

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

I keep meaning to write something here but it feels so empty for the gravity of what happened. The last celebrity death to have this level of impact on me was a young Australian cricketer called Philip Hughes who died after being struck by the ball. It's such a tragic loss of young life.

Reality TV is worked and should be taken that way by the audience. Instead because of the assumption what they are seeing is real it seems to create this fandom full of people yelling abuse. I remember a drag queen on rupaul getting death threats and abuse over a spoiler that turned out to be incorrect. Just utterly bizarre

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Stall_19 posted:

2,712 for night one of Stardom Sumo Hall and 3,085 for night two. Both days beating the DDT Sumo Hall show last week. Heck those numbers beat the respective NJPW Osaka Jo Hall shows that were happening at the same time. Granted you're talking about Tokyo versus Osaka. Big success.

They are making a good claim to being the second biggest promotion in Japan at the box office

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

I'm watching it

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

AZM is amazing tbh

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Bloody good match

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Really good match

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Some loving crazy bumps here

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Absolutely brutal match

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Bushiroad and cyberfight promotions google trends

Japan
https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?geo=JP&q=%2Fm%2F02z3y1,%2Fm%2F054dw4,%2Fm%2F0n52f24,%2Fg%2F112ygdl96,%2Fm%2F0c_1d_

Worldwide (this is strongly influenced by Japanese results obviously)

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=%2Fm%2F02z3y1,%2Fm%2F054dw4,%2Fm%2F0n52f24,%2Fg%2F112ygdl96,%2Fm%2F0c_1d_

USA

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?geo=US&q=%2Fm%2F02z3y1,%2Fm%2F054dw4,%2Fm%2F0n52f24,%2Fg%2F112ygdl96,%2Fm%2F0c_1d_

USA with njpw removed because it breaks the scale

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?geo=US&q=%2Fm%2F054dw4,%2Fm%2F0n52f24,%2Fg%2F112ygdl96,%2Fm%2F0c_1d_

So the answer seems to me that stardom is bigger or at least by Google search. I'd be curious if i could do a worldwide search minus Japan though. The amount of noise in the US graph suggests to me puro in the west is largest njpw and the rest

I think exposure on aew TV is pretty overrated not gonna lie. I doubt ddt got much out of takeshita being on aew

Edit

Japan with njpw removed so its easier to see the smaller promotions

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?geo=JP&q=%2Fm%2F054dw4,%2Fm%2F0n52f24,%2Fg%2F112ygdl96,%2Fm%2F0c_1d_

Burn Down Canberra fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jan 1, 2023

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Went out on a good match

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Elephant Ambush posted:

Does anyone know what's up with Xia Brookside? She hasn't been on recent Stardom shows and she isn't booked for any of the upcoming shows either

I have no idea how they would know this but people on the stardom subreddit think she has returned to the UK to get married.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

The stardom supershow is ridiculously stacked. Full card is being announced.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Tam and Giulia really are two people so insane that wrestling really is the perfect field for them. Tam just pulled out some paper from her top, unfolded it and it contained Giulias hair.

Then they just started shoot head butting each other

Oh now Tam bladed??? For a press conference

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1642821274320912386?t=u9FX8z7Bm1iA37QCpaYz5Q&s=19

God only knows what kind of crazy stuff they are going to do for the match itself

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

I did lol at the crowd outright cheering as an attractive woman called them all disgusting losers. A lot of issues for the crowd to work through.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

A wrestler in their sister promotion almost died in the ring from stiff headbutts. I understand they are crazy but bushiroad might want to ask them to dial it back

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Bushiroad has always been happy to spend money to promote wrestling but its always been very targeted. That is to say they focus on advertising njpw/stardom live events within Japan. With the pandemic they clearly cut stuff like media for new japan. New Japan world has a lot of infrastructure carried by TV asahi.

People need to remember how badly the pandemic has hurt wrestling in Japan. Bushiroad has quite a significant slice of the market and they have spent 3 years more or less just breaking even. Cyberagent who are specifically focused on streaming have lost millions of dollars from wrestling.

There just hasn't been a ton of money for Bushiroad to invest without weighing up what gives them the best bang for their buck. Bushiroad will always see that as live attendance.

Not for nothing on the new japan side they have started doing video packages again. So there is signs they are recovering and starting to spend a bit of money again.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Cosmic angels are a fascinating stable because on the surface it's frilly girls doing idols things but it's very heavily influenced by Tam who is an insane person so there is this undercurrent of madness.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Stardom world has put the house show from Sendai up that was pretty hyped up for how crazy the interaction between Tam and giulia was. The whole thing was pretty intense. Waka and mai Sakurai were stiffing the hell out of each other too. The next shows cosmic angels v ddm was much more muted so either rossy/bushiroad asked them to dial it back and save it for the ppv or the women themselves made a call to not brain each other with stiff headbutts on a house show and potentially injure each other before the mainevent of the biggest show in stardom history.

It did end with this all time shot though

https://twitter.com/Glorious_Driver/status/1646059453668532224?t=0GAQ9dq5URnDtH7aQHLN8w&s=19

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

From jump street I've been working on the theory she will want to work a match in the Tokyo dome so she will probably keep extending to kingdom

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

The pre show is on now and I think it's on YouTube too

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Crapple! posted:

Chris Charlton is the English guy right? The other one absolutely sucks

Yeah Chris Charlton is the English guy

Hanan looks 1000% times better with this new look

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Crapple! posted:

Well this other guy is absolute dog poo poo. Is he a Twitch streamer or something?

It's sonny he's the dude that does everything at stardom

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Club Venus are pretty funny

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

This card is legitimately insane

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

That's some crazy talent in that match wow

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Okada training fuwa chan

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Maika is crazy strong

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Barry Bluejeans posted:

The Goddess of Stardom match was very good but I really didn't like Sourai/MIRAI winning the titles on a countout, if there was ever a show to have definitive blowoff finishes this is it

Yeah it was lame

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Those ladies need to take a bow

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Mercedes has a nasty lump

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Mayu absolutely rules

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Gilula and Tam are legitimately insane

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Tampa Bae posted:

Watching with a friend who said this match is like "If Mick Foley was wrestling himself"

Bad combo

Hot feud, huge match, two wrestlers with terminal levels of wrestlers brain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

What a fantastic match and event