Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

This was super good, and probably the best compliment that I can give to it is that I walked away wanting a sequel, like, immediately. The ending was really well done, and sets the stage for a compelling story moving forward - on both the super-hero and personal fronts. I really hope that Sony doesn't try to go solo from here and keeps collaborating with Marvel Studios, because it obviously made a world of difference. I thought there was a lot of chatter that they want to do the opposite, though, which would be a shame.

This was 100% Ultimate Spider-Man the movie and I couldn't have been happier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

howe_sam posted:

In addition to Spider-Man being in the next two avengers movies, Kevin Feige has recently said that Homecoming 2 is going to "launch phase 4" and that there's going to be a homecoming 3

That's good. Sony can fail at spinning off as many Venom movies as they want, but Tom Holland needs to stay on as Peter Parker for a while. No more reboots, this was a winning formula.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Keaton was really amazing, but I think it's unfair to downplay Holland's really good take on Peter Parker - probably the best I've seen on screen so far. It's pretty apparent that the team on Homecoming really "gets" Peter as a character (moreso than Slott and the current team on the comic books, I'd argue).

Like, you never heard the words "with great power..." in this movie. But they had a number of scenes where Holland really sells Peter struggling with having to give up being a normal kid to do what he knows he has to do. They also layer in a bit of him just really enjoying being Spider-Man, and shades of "addiction" underlying some of the reluctance.

Honestly, probably the best take on super-hero "coming of age" out there.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Aquasnake posted:

There was a girl in the background of several school shots with distractingly platinum blonde hair that I'm forced to think is a reference to Felicia Hardy or something.

If you're talking about the girl that was on the high school news program, that was Betty Brandt.

• Locked thread