Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
you make digital art poo poo here..? put it in this here thread. and discuss things

I dont have anything new at the moment but heres some old poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lately ive been fuckering around with world machine and it totally owns

for example today I learned you can take the a direction function and plug that into the evaporation channel on the snow device so have one side of thre amount have the snow evaporate faster than the other, which would happen irl because of idk sun and heat or some bullshit?

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

ground floor of this masterpiece of art and skill

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

i am fully torqued :f5:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
get in on it

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i have nothing to offer because i guess all i do anymore is type garbage into a text editor but i'd like to express my support for the rodtronics brand and aesthetic

pram
Jun 10, 2001
5'd and subscribed

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
maybe rodtronics should stop burying its bong in the sand and spending billions on doomed ego projects like writing its name in hundred-foot letters in the alps and get back to building shareholder value

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

rjmccall posted:

maybe rodtronics should stop burying its bong in the sand and spending billions on doomed ego projects like writing its name in hundred-foot letters in the alps and get back to building shareholder value

maybe you should stfu and stuff your dick up your own butt

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Roosevelt posted:

maybe you should stfu and stuff your dick up your own butt

ok done

i am still extremely concerned about this company's dragon-related r&d budget

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
This art style is tickling me in all the right ways, echi. Where can i learn about the tools you're using?

Do a livestream

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
almost everything i have ever done is in blender which is totally free

world machine ISNT free but VERY EASY TO PIRATE but i didn't do that i just use the demo

if i ever made a dollar out of this ill pay it forward belieb me

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
blenders not bad y'all, any 3d software is gonna be a steep learning curve don't forget and the UI is highly flexible and it's designed to be fast and good to use by people who are
familiar with the product, rather than simple to get a hold of for newbs

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
if anyone is inspired to use blender the first thing you should do is install filmic blender which is an unzip and copy files to program folder jobby but a prerequisite for anything looking good/ it's ahould be part of it but i bet it's a stupid licence thing of course

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

does music count

https://soundcloud.com/luigi30/killer-tofu-after-30-minutes-of-work

i'm gonna get back into that after seeing that my last upload before this was 9 months ago

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
yeah man this is the creative endeavours thread

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

this is a taste of things to come. im actually rotating the HDR file around this. unrealistic because the sun normally goes over the sky lol not spins around it.

will 120 frames be enough. will the gif be so enourmous not even god can host it in his heavenyl cloud

also rendering a similar (same basically but different seed) world machine file to 8k for those sweet sweet massive textures

echinopsis fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Jun 30, 2017

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
might post some modular jams in here l8r

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

rodtronics is good

i also don't have anything new to share but i like rendering lego mechs

Yostrich 0x69 by Captain Foo, on Flickr

Derney 0x90 by Captain Foo, on Flickr

Ioanna 0xA8 by Captain Foo, on Flickr

Comm Tower Scene - 001 (POV) by Captain Foo, on Flickr

Hailey Variants (POV) by Captain Foo, on Flickr

Heavy Scrambler - 001 (POV) by Captain Foo, on Flickr

Sun Devil - 003 (POV) by Captain Foo, on Flickr

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
mean

how are you rendering those

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
good on ya mate

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
for anyone who cares, that lighting is 100% image based lighting with an HDR, so a panormic photo with a proper high dynamic range.. and that's it for lighting. no sun lamp, no sky lamp, no ambient poo poo. those tricks are old news mother fuckers

its also called pro lighting skies demo which is a quick and easy way of planting a hdr in your thing

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

echinopsis posted:

mean

how are you rendering those

Povray

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
mate

i remember now

what does your thing export? i remember the toolchain trying to get your models out into something i could use missed some pieces :/

also came into blender as unconnected shapes which meant applying different materials was slow. lol

echinopsis fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jun 30, 2017

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
8k textures dawgs

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
here's why we use normal maps lol. both these images have the same amount of polygons etc. the non normal mapped one could have more tbf but the detail difference is amazing without adding any more triangles and just a map that tells the renderer where the surface is meant to be pointing :D

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

whoa neat

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
world machine makes all sorts of maps to combine and use as masks and the erosion device an output a cool flow one which creates the snakey bits but a simple one is just a slope selector so the map is a simple grey scale of whether or not part of the map is steep or not etc and use that to simulate snow coz the snow device itself creates like massive dumps not just a dusting and it looks a bit ugmo

thoughts im having :

plugging the erosion device into an angle device so things only erode on one side of the mountain

etc

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

hi i drew this on my tablet, it's digital art

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:worship:

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

i need 2 figure out garageband and import my bad homemade musics from the field recorder

its still an apple wood grain app

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

:( this looks cool and I also spent all night animnating it which looked great EXCEPT lol waaay too many colours and the transform to 256 colours looks tragic

anyone know a way to image sequence into something I can upload to the 'tube or directly as a giphy or whatever?

pram
Jun 10, 2001
can blender import AND export obj files??

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
who knows

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
probably??

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
why mate why

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
go to bed what the gently caress time is it there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
9:52 am i'm having a coffee at work

i set the motion and went to bed while it rendered 360 aweet as gently caress frames that looked horrendous once photoshop turned them into a gif

need to turn into whatever format giphy makes directly coz they don't have the colour limit

• Locked thread