Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

god please help me posted:

Thank you for the response! I did start rubbing the hell out of the keycap with a couple of erasers I had lying around, but the issue turned out to be that the scuff marks where also partly scratched in, instead of just being superficial residue stuff. So I also experimented with adding lotion and alternating with hand sanitizer as well, and that in addition to the eraser seemed to have reduced the visibility of the scuff marks a good deal.

The scuff marks/scratches are still somewhat visible though. I might be able to remedy the solution entirely if I could find one of those dire blue tipped erasers that have abrasives added to them that would always gouge paper, but possibly would help out a lot here. Alternatively, I might message a seller on Aliexpress and see if they could just sell me tab keycap by itself. :v: I'll think about this further later and might switch out the keycap set entirely in the meanwhile lol.

If it has scratches, sanding or filling then sanding are the only way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I have been using Kinesis Advantage keyboards for the last decade and the drastic change in layout like in what appears to be an ergodox(?) you posted definitely takes time to get used to. Iirc, the general rules of thumb are like 1-2 weeks of constant use for it to not feel alien anymore and like 2-8 weeks to get back to normal typing speed.

I got the 360 Pro at the beginning of the year with Kailh Silent Pink Box switches and it is basically my dream keyboard. Only real complaints are the inconsistent reconnection of the right pad to the left (like when powering them off and back on or after firmware updates) and the firmware being more involved/awkward to customize than I’d like.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
That’s wild.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
If you are near a Microcenter, they may have a section for DiY keyboards. The one in Dallas does, at least.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I’m a Kinesis fanboy so I can’t really give an impartial opinion. I also got mine customized by Upgrade Keyboards: https://upgradekeyboards.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

wash bucket posted:

Yeah I feel kinda silly buying a fancy keyboard, mouse, monitor, etc just to go to work and use the cheapest components HP ever produced for 9 hours a day. I still type faster on that piece of poo poo keyboard due to muscle memory.

This is when you go to HR and say you need this nice gear for ergonomic/work health reasons.