Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

icantfindaname posted:

What is the best cheapest, like $60 or under, tenkeyless mechanical?

What's the answer to this if you add wireless to the criteria?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runchild
May 26, 2010

Eric the Mauve posted:

Keychron, same as always.

If you mean like under $70 and you don't want to build it yourself, there is no answer that I know of.

I just noticed the keyboard in your previous answer has a variant with a detachable cable, that actually meets my needs without full wireless.

EDIT: I guess that version can only use “Wraith” switches which AFAICT are Tecware’s proprietary format.

runchild fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Feb 26, 2024

runchild
May 26, 2010

How annoying is the lack of dedicated arrow keys on a 60% keyboard?

runchild
May 26, 2010

If I were looking for a new daily driver I wouldn’t bother with anything less than a full layout, I use the arrows and numpad way too much at work. But this will see much lighter use, so I can afford to lose some keys in pursuit of smallness. Sounds like arrows would be a step too far though (for me, good on ya to everyone who rolls without ‘em). So minimum 65% would probably be best.