Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

singe posted:

So I know nothing about the keyboards.

What's the quietest keyboard that doesn't require a lot of pressure for key action. I currently have the k750, but I don't really like how hard I have to press for each key. I sort of like the logitech thin illuminated keyboard I had in the past, although I've never used any mechanical keyboards (mostly scissor switches?) so I don't know what color switches I should get if I go that route (Red?). Currently, I'm leaning towards the surface keyboard, but I've read mixed things about it.

45g topres will be light while still being tactile.

https://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=topre_keyboards,rftenkeyless&pid=rf_se19e0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.
I want to ruin my wallet with fancy colored caps for my µTron and HHKB Pro JP.

Where do I get overly expensive topre caps tia.

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010

Deviantfish posted:

Topre-stem aftermarket keysets by and large don't exist. You could get a set of Topre HiPro (similar to SP SA profile) caps, which would involve you buying a HiPro and stripping off the caps, or occasional novelties/artisan caps here and there. The other alternative would be to buy sliders to replace the Topre ones, which is kind of a pain in the rear end. Sliders are of rather variable quality too, the cheap ones will wobble and be lovely

surebet posted:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Topre-to-MX-adapter-Topre-change-into-MX-switch/2230037_32748140639.html

umph

i prefer the original color mods, but one of my keeb regrets is passing on a cheap granite set last year. looks good!

Thanks but that's too much :effort:

I just wish topre released a full set of green caps like they did blue, red, yellow, and orange.

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010

surebet posted:

if they weren't steeped in this weird uber nerd ~investment~ culture, i'd probably grab a couple, but i think i'd rather opt out than encourage any of this poo poo

How can it be an investment? There's effectively no intrinsic value. And nothing is preventing a supplier from flooding the market with replicas of "rare" caps.

Also literally no one cares about them. There's what, a few thousand people on the planet that have ever bought an artisan cap? Who are they going to sell their "collection" to?

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010

Lol https://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,cherrymxkeys&pid=cds_redesc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010

surebet posted:

echoing the warning about raising your keyboard, catching an rsi is not a good thing

you could use pretty much anything rubber to raise it while keeping it in place

In this vein, anyone who gets a split board just be aware of what you're doing. They can be really ergonomic, but they can also force you to contort your wrists in incredibly harmful ways.

If you're bending your wrists, you're doing something wrong.