Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

I'd like to get into more couch PC gaming and was wondering if there's any alternatives to the Razer Turret considering it's high price ($330 CAD) and smaller mouse area.

The Corsair K63 Keyboard/Lapboard combo doesn't seem viable anymore. It's sold out basically everywhere except a single used one on Amazon Canada for like $180. I'm assuming they stopped producing it?

Are there any other options that aren't DIY or those giant expensive Couchmaster things where you still have to provide your own keyboard and mouse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Koskun posted:

After googling for a bit, it doesn't look like anyone besides Razer is making a setup with a keyboard anymore. Corsair still has their setup on their site, but no price or "Where to Buy" listed at all. Good sign it's discontinued.

Yeah I might just bite the bullet and get the Turret if it comes on sale. The Couchmaster things would be an okay solution but buying that plus a decent wireless keyboard and mouse is going to cost about the same but be less portable.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Are there any good keyboard/lapboard combos still available for sale?

I know they're expensive for what they are but I'd really like something convenient for Mouse and Keyboard gaming on the couch. The Razer Turret looks like it's out of production. Amazon Canada has the Corsair K63 combo but only used ones are available and I'm a bit wary of the idea of buying something that's been returned to Amazon.