Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

one of us! one of us!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

SalTheBard posted:

I was looking for a blank key cap set, any recommendations?

pimpmykeyboard sells blank key cap sets with a wide variety of colors: https://pimpmykeyboard.com/dsa-pbt-abs-blank-keysets/

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001
1upkeyboard has a video tutorial assembling one from scratch, soldering and all. Should help along with the other links HappyCapybaraFamily posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw-BvKnZqBg

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001
Anyone know where I can get a 60% sandwich-style case with an acrylic/defused/frosted middle? Something like this sentraq case. I have a 1up60hse with carbon fiber plates from 1upkeyboard, but I missed out on the glass fiber middles and now they're discontinued.

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

DrHammond posted:

Okay, I've put in some cursory effort googling around, but my effort thusfar has essentially revealed that I'm in over my head and can either devote many hours to learning to swim, or quickly ask y'all for help.

hi.

I've got a DZ60RGB V2 and I've got Via. I want to map the right shift to be ?/ on tap, RSHIFT on hold.

How do?

There's an alternate UI for Via called Vial (https://get.vial.today/download/). Vial supports adding that under the Quantum tab:

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

reL posted:

I won’t lie I drove myself crazy trying to flash it from via firmware to qmk and then eventually relented. I still kinda wanna flash it with qmk and muck about with tapdancing and stuff though…

Is there something I’m missing? Qmk just doesn’t recognize my dz60rgb v2 regardless of what I try. It’s either recognized as nothing, or a usb flash drive. I’ve used qmk before and haven’t had any issues flashing my drop alt with it.

mewse posted:

With my tada68 when you press the button and plug it in, it shows up as a flash drive and you just drop firmware.bin on to it (renamed from whatever.hex(?) that qmk spits out)

This is it, I just built a DZ60RGB for a friend and instead of using the QMK Toolbox, you hold Escape while plugging in the USB cable, and a drive should mount with EEPROM.bin and FIRMWARE.bin. Delete FIRMWARE.bin, drag your new firmware bin file into the drive, and eject the device properly. You might need to unplug/plug it back in but the firmware should be updated after that.

edit: also make sure that you compiled the correct version for your board, the latest revisions (2.1 I think) use .bin files, not .hex. and renaming a .hex file to .bin isn't gonna work

Potassium Problems fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Aug 17, 2021

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

reL posted:

drat so it really is that simple, swapping in qmk firmware for the via firmware. Welp, thanks for that info. I considered doing that but panicked a bit. Don’t know why I couldn’t find that answer, even searching the kbdfans discord. Guessing it’s some sort of keyboard common knowledge I wasn’t privy to.

Thanks!

kbdfans product detail pages are a mess, the link for flashing instructions (here) for the dz60rgb are easy to miss, they're found in between giant photos and video embeds

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001
I'm not faulting anyone for not keeping up with all the limited run drops that take 8+mos to fulfill and will almost never get reproduced. if you can find a knockoff you like and can get it in a week, more power to you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

runchild posted:

How annoying is the lack of dedicated arrow keys on a 60% keyboard?

That's up to you, really. I've used 60% keyboards for a decade now, didn't take me long to adjust & I can't see myself going back, but it's definitely not for everyone