Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Dang, I would have loved that in a 75% layout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

change my name posted:

Check out the Akko MOD007B PC

Kinda showing my ignorance here but what is it with mechanical keyboards never being in stock? Or if they are in stock it's a very... particular color or design.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Nobody Interesting posted:

I got me the unicomp model m so I can go SMACK SMACK SMACK as I'm typing, but as I left for work this morning I lamented two things:

1) I would not be able to use it at work, because I don't work from home (wtf??)

Yeah I feel kinda silly buying a fancy keyboard, mouse, monitor, etc just to go to work and use the cheapest components HP ever produced for 9 hours a day. I still type faster on that piece of poo poo keyboard due to muscle memory.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

You would not believe how hard gray is to color match.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

CRAYON posted:

This looks awesome! I've never really stuck with a typing practice tool because I always run into something about them that annoys me but this looks customizable enough to solve any little issue I might have.

If there is something lovely about monkeytype I haven't found it yet. It's a great little time killer between meetings at work or whatever.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

God I FINALLY got the stupid RGB backlight on my keyboard to display a respectable white light. The default "white" has a very blue cast to it so I had to hand adjust the color picker in Via for what felt like forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

god please help me posted:

I didn't think this was even possible. Can you post what rgb value worked out for you?

R 255
G 192
B 180
# ffc0b4

Though I doubt it will work for other keyboards since it's compensating for the color cast in whatever LEDs are used in mine.