Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 8: "Poirot is a terrible person"

Cats are fine with time travel, right? And sitting in inventories? I'm sure it's fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CirclMastr posted:

Episode 8: "Poirot is a terrible person"

Cats are fine with time travel, right? And sitting in inventories? I'm sure it's fine.

You will not besmirch the name of Australian Prime Meownister Fuzzlewumps. He was a great leader when Australia became a country in 1901 :colbert:.

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016
I don't know if Grace has looked it up but ancestress is a word.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 9: "gently caress that baby"

Movies that came out in April 2001:
Along Came a Spider
Blow
Bridget Jones's Diary
Joe Dirt
Pokemon 3

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I thought I'd seen all of Shadow of Memories too, but I never knew about that cake cutscene. This drat game just has so much hidden crap in it :stare:.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 10: "I'm glad you invited me to this LP"

The attempt on our life in this chapter pales in comparison to everything else going on, it seems. Because everyone wants to get with Eike, I guess?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 11: "At least I'm being honest"

According to Dan and Grace, if Jesus was a girl he'd be a lonely lesbian with cats. Or something.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I have never stood by a statement more than I stand by "I DO pay a lot of money to not have to poop in a bucket"

EDIT:

Danaru fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Aug 25, 2017

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

Give away the green grass, Give away the sky
I played this game as a teenager, and my best friend and I knew it was sort of boring and stupid, but it had a weirdly unique premise.

Coming into the LP knowing this has made it so much more entertaining. Your commentary has had me crying with laughter more than once. Funniest LP I've seen in a long time!

Now I'm sad I passed up buying the JP version of this one for $20 a couple weeks ago. :sigh: I should see if it's still available.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 12: "What"

After admonishing Dan not to spoil other games during LPs, he would go on to spoil Peace Walker and MGSV during a Metal Gear (NES) LP.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CirclMastr posted:

Episode 12: "What"

After admonishing Dan not to spoil other games during LPs, he would go on to spoil Peace Walker and MGSV during a Metal Gear (NES) LP.

Ahhhh, this ending. Just makes all the jokes about Margarete as a love interest all the funnier, doesn't it? :allears:

It also means that Eike being such an idiot actually makes complete sense if he's not retaining his memories.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 13: "I didn't watch Rainbow Brite and I'm gay"

In this episode, Dan gets dunked on for a change. Also there's another ending revealed, arguably the game's "bad end" inasmuch as any are better or worse than the others.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
Your two guests have the most antagonistic relationship I have literally ever witnessed and it is amazing.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
This has been quite the show to binge watch over the past few days.

Bumblefuck your way through time and hope everything works out as Ike's legs seem longer the longer the LP goes on.

Can you high five your past self, if you don't KNOW it's your past self? All these important questions and more will be never answered.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

JossiRossi posted:

Your two guests have the most antagonistic relationship I have literally ever witnessed and it is amazing.

Can't you feel the love?

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

White Coke posted:

Can't you feel the love?

I came in for the stupid time travel story, but stayed for Dan and Grace. :allears:

Edit:

Oh god, this ending. I remember Slowbeef and Diabetus laughing their asses off when they got to this part. :allears:

amigolupus fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Sep 7, 2017

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I think the idea behind the creation of Homunculous was that the alchemist was trying to create life, expecting maybe to have a fake person to raise and teach about the world - a blank slate who was newly born, an actual new life. For the Homunculous to work more like a genie was the weird part - he wound up with a full-grown un-person who was a total rear end in a top hat. He didn't "create" anything, he just gave a body to it.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 14: "Nope, I'm Eike"

It's been six months since my shoulder surgery and my shoulder still isn't fine. Dan still has plenty of time to try to give me the black plague.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CirclMastr posted:

Episode 13: "I didn't watch Rainbow Brite and I'm gay"

In this episode, Dan gets dunked on for a change. Also there's another ending revealed, arguably the game's "bad end" inasmuch as any are better or worse than the others.

I've been waiting for you to reach this Ending, because good lord is it amazing :munch:.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
It's kind of amazing how Homunculus's rear end in a top hat plan is still a net positive to those involved even when he fucks it up.

Thread title is on point.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Just because he's not good doesn't mean he has to be evil. It's best for everyone if everyone comes out of your evil self-serving rear end in a top hat plan ahead; it means nobody's going to come after you looking for revenge, and according to Homunculus, he's not very good at physical combat. Handing out time machines to jerks who are about to die due to predestination paradoxes involving said time machine seems more his speed.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

Commander Keene posted:

Handing out time machines to jerks who are about to die due to predestination paradoxes involving said time machine seems more his speed.

Seems like kind of a narrow niche but I'm not one to judge.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

You have to establish a brand for yourself, and apparently, this is what Homunculus decided on.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 14B: "You're not usually this smart"

Dan loves this game because there are actually two B endings, and thus two trips to the bar. Let's see the other B ending!

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Hugoooo. You are soooo grounded Hugooooo.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Getting shitfaced after a time travel adventure is the most realistic ending :colbert: I mean, the MOST realistic ending is the protagonist realizing they have a down to the second timer of when they die, so they just turn around a second earlier. But you know, Eike. Normally I wouldn't expect the dude to drink anything harder than a mikshake.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 15: "CirclMastr's going to jail"

We get to watch the last (NOT final) ending of the game.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I love that anytime anyone died or got hurt you three just made fun of it, but the second Satan got hurt Dan and Grace were immediately concerned about him. :allears:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Satan is trying his best, okay?

"Hey, sorry about turning you into the existential :downs: that is Eike. Here's a digipad to keep your own son from killing you so I can be born and turn you into Eike. No hard feelings?"

Final ending being Homunculus getting his rear end kicked by a baby too good for this sinful world.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
How many more times does your co-commentator need to call every female character every gendered slur in the book? :stare:

One more ending to go at least... Eike's long-legged stroll through history is almost at it's end.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CirclMastr posted:

Episode 15: "CirclMastr's going to jail"

We get to watch the last (NOT final) ending of the game.

:godwin:

Poor Satan, lost his precious goo :ohdear:.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 16: "That's the best thing I've ever heard in my life"

Time for the first of the two EX endings that the game has.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.
This game is so dumb. I remember my dad rented a PS2 for a weekend, along with this game and Twisted Metal Black, but it didn't come with a memory card so we just had to play the opening over and over. Eventually I got the PC version, and beat it.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Eike did a smart time travel thing, holy poo poo.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 17: "There are so many problems here"

Danaru is proven wrong once and for all, as not a single person in this thread mentioned the flag thing.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

CirclMastr posted:

Episode 17: "There are so many problems here"

Danaru is proven wrong once and for all, as not a single person in this thread mentioned the flag thing.

I'm really glad I wasn't drinking anything when Grace made the comment bout Hugo and his mom, because holy poo poo that loving ruled.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Look Grace, the vows say "In sickness and in health" so Eike is in the clear.

I also love how little a poo poo the imprisoned lady was over watching a dude get erased from the timestream. I guess that just doesn't compare to cell phones.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
While most of the game's timeline is consistent, there's actually a major loose thread that unravels with the EX Endings; The baby-swapping. Maragrete should've suddenly turned into Dana.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

While most of the game's timeline is consistent, there's actually a major loose thread that unravels with the EX Endings; The baby-swapping. Maragrete should've suddenly turned into Dana.

Maybe she did and we can't tell because either:
a) it doesn't happen until after Eike fades out, so we don't see it, or
b) sepia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015
As far as time periods to live in go 1580's Germany is far from the worst. There wasn't a whole lot of religious strife between 1555 and 1618, especially compared to France, England, and the Netherlands. And most of the fighting against the Ottomans was done in Hungary.

• Locked thread