Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Eromanga-sensei: Good Show?
This poll is closed.
I watched it; yea it good 1 2.00%
I watched some; it meh 3 6.00%
I haven't watched it; am unsure 8 16.00%
I haven't watched it; big ol' NOPE 20 40.00%
I'M GOING TO JAAAAAIL! 18 36.00%
Total: 50 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

OnimaruXLR posted:

I think there's a pretty tangible difference between horrible poo poo being explicitly depicted as horrible poo poo VS horrible poo poo that's teased at like "Isn't this cute/funny/sexy???"
Pretty much this. I can't remember the name of the study/theory/syndrome, but I do recall there being a plausible explanation as to why you normally don't hit on your siblings or on people (neighbors, childhood friends, long-time school/class-mates) that are practically family that you grew up / were raised together with. And the incest of Game of Thrones, while somewhat par for the course for the royal families in which the societies it's based on, it's still portrayed with a fairly creepy tone.

ConanThe3rd posted:

Digi himself needs to drag himself to rehab and or get help for his clear MH issues.

Geoff (Mother's Basement) , when he's not sipping the SAO toilet water, is great and Super Eyepatch Wolf does some amazing work including a loving autopsy of Bleach.
I've seen videos of all these guys, and while I admit that Geoff is definitely good when he stays away from SAO, the chief difference I see between someone like Digi and Super Eyepatch Wolf, regardless of the editing and all that jazz, is the tone. Super Eyepatch Wolf uses a tone that feels like he's telling you an anecdote, whether it's about himself, like when he mentioned backpacking across France with a couple of his mates during one of the videos he made about JoJo, or about the topic at hand (like the Bleach video you linked). It's neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Wark Say posted:

And the incest of Game of Thrones, while somewhat par for the course for the royal families in which the societies it's based on

Got a cite on that? I don't think brother/sister stuff was at all common, the issue was that the families kept intermarrying too much. Charles II's parents weren't actually brother and sister, even if they effectively were closer genetically than that.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Paracelsus posted:

Got a cite on that? I don't think brother/sister stuff was at all common, the issue was that the families kept intermarrying too much. Charles II's parents weren't actually brother and sister, even if they effectively were closer genetically than that.
Right. drat, that's what I was going for. Eh, too late to go and edit my post. A lot of my interest on the whole "Were royal families really that screwed up back then?" started when a friend started referencing all the "Hey, this guy is [Real Life famous European person] in all but name!" around 2013. One of the first things that I ran into while searching for who's who from real life in GoT was this wikipedia entry on Royal Intermarriage.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEWkcPhFGNo

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
no, it's trash

but I watched the whole thing and enjoyed it

• Locked thread