Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

The Oldest Man posted:

a white lady got divorced,

got fat

lifestyle brand

dudes rock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

poisonpill posted:

oh yeah, that’s the stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-nMGtaAoXw

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

Likely this one:

https://archive.ph/gFKsc

A little taste

quote:

He wasn’t affectionate or adoring, but I felt a current of abiding love.

jesus christ

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

both of these people are million dollar heirs btw. she has multiple buildings in her name at Harvard

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

his “brushes with the law” and “bad boy” past are the kinds of things you can get away with when you’re guantanteed a place in the elite strata

too bad his womanizing is what made him so irresistible to her…

:lmao:

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Ytlaya posted:

I feel like all these NYT columnists would gain far more fulfillment out of life if they were simply processed into raw materials and reconstituted into squirrels or something. Think of how many squirrels or chipmunks you could create from one millionaire.

Do not mulch NYT columnists, they are treasures. Also the bad ones will be reincarnated as Canada geese.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
That dude seems like a real piece of poo poo, and I don't think I'm going too far out on a limb in assuming he was cheating on her a whole lot during their marriage.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

PostNouveau posted:

Likely this one:

A little taste

lol

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

PostNouveau posted:

Likely this one:

A little taste

That's the one.

quote:

When the lockdown started in March 2020, my husband and I decided to quarantine with our two youngest children, then 15 and 12, at our house on Martha’s Vineyard. We arrived on March 15 and settled in for a long stay, unpacking sweaters and boots, textbooks and cellos.

A week later, on March 22, at 6 a.m., my husband told me he wanted a divorce. He packed a bag, got in his Jeep and boarded a ferry.

Also:

quote:

We met at a corporate law firm where he was a senior associate, and I was a junior associate assigned to his group in my second year. He was a great lawyer with a quick mind, able to supervise a dozen deals at a time, thoughtful and methodical in his left-handed markups of legal documents. He was tall, blonde and lean, a similar silhouette to my father. He wore suits and rolled up his shirt sleeves as he worked. He was a grown-up.

When he walked into my office, shut the door and kissed me, I was done for.

great stuff all the way through

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I encourage everyone to look up what this guy actually looks like. From her description you might be imagining this tall blonde Adonis.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Belle Burden

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

I encourage everyone to look up what this guy actually looks like. From her description you might be imagining this tall blonde Adonis.

https://reductress.com/post/quiz-is-he-cute-or-is-he-just-tall-and-white/

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Unburdened

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

lookin' slick henry!

Grimnarsson
Sep 4, 2018

What she's describing as the "Deep State" is kind of like this except they aren't doing what the elected officials want and are actively sabotaging it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKDdLWAdcbM

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Tankbuster posted:

what is there to lol about? idgi

Liz Truss is funny. also she has the ring in the video.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
lettuce outlasting her premiership

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

the best one was about the lady who really wanted to gently caress her (grad) student and asked her boss for permission and then the husband she divorced(?) ended up sticking around and they all lived together

i can't remember if that was the nyt or the atlantic

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
i liked the one where some lady was writing on behalf of a friend's son who was "cancelled" by his high school because he spread nude pictures of his ex around his social circle

I think that was in NYMag. I think all the <city>magazines are kind of lodestones for these kinds of articles, like LA Mag did a sympathetic profile of a lady (Rebecca Grossman) who ran over a couple of kids while drunk racing her affair partner

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

Dreylad posted:

i liked the one where some lady was writing on behalf of a friend's son who was "cancelled" by his high school because he spread nude pictures of his ex around his social circle

I think that was in NYMag. I think all the <city>magazines are kind of lodestones for these kinds of articles, like LA Mag did a sympathetic profile of a lady (Rebecca Grossman) who ran over a couple of kids while drunk racing her affair partner

I always thought the NYT pieces were kinda out of touch, but I don't think I realised until this thread how loving gross it all is lmao

And they are all obscenely wealthy heirs and heiresses with more money than god is icing on the cake lol

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
These stories are very telling in terms of who elite journalists and editors have empathy for. Rich heiress is dumped by rich husband in mid life crisis? Full page editorial. Rich lady runs over kids driving home drunk? Sympathetic profile.

Protestor describes losing whole family after Israel bombs them? "Died in the fighting" implying they took up arms against Israel

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

joepinetree posted:

These stories are very telling in terms of who elite journalists and editors have empathy for. Rich heiress is dumped by rich husband in mid life crisis? Full page editorial. Rich lady runs over kids driving home drunk? Sympathetic profile.

Protestor describes losing whole family after Israel bombs them? "Died in the fighting" implying they took up arms against Israel

see also: all the pieces that boil down to "i've been canceled for my (abhorrent) political views and don't get invited to dinner parties anymore!" :qq:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Oneiros posted:

see also: all the pieces that boil down to "i've been canceled for my (abhorrent) political views and don't get invited to dinner parties anymore!" :qq:

was it dersh who had one of these about not being able to hang out with other people at martha's vineyard anymore?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

tired: trailer park mom feeds her kids Oreos because she’s too tired after a double shift to cook a healthy meal
wired: millionaire heiress feeds her kids Oreos because shes too lazy of “feminism” and “body positivity”

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Kitfox88 posted:

was it dersh who had one of these about not being able to hang out with other people at martha's vineyard anymore?

And there were like a dozen reporters who all went to write about it so they could chalk it up as a business expense

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Kitfox88 posted:

Obama gets to hang out with people at Martha's Vineyard and he's as (if not moreso since he was President) abhorrent, so Dersh's got a point. :haibrow:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

He's a bad boy who is a sex magnet

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

anyone with a second home in Martha’s Vineyard who gets described as a “bad boy” has done absolutely stomach churning things.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

PostNouveau posted:

Likely this one:

A little taste

quote:

We met at a corporate law firm where he was a senior associate, and I was a junior associate assigned to his group in my second year.
He was tall, blonde and lean, a similar silhouette to my father. He wore suits and rolled up his shirt sleeves as he worked. He was a grown-up.
He was intent on marrying me within weeks of that kiss, pledging to take care of me, to step into my dead father’s role as my protector. And we did marry, within the year, both of us (I still believe) very much in love.

Yep everything's cool here no red flags.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Freud mainly did psychoanalysis with rich people in Vienna didn't he?

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Yeah and he ran into all kinds of crazy women who kept claiming they were abused by respected members of society, definitely a crazy fantasy on their parts.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Best Friends posted:

anyone with a second home in Martha’s Vineyard who gets described as a “bad boy” has done absolutely stomach churning things.

bad boy wearing a motorcycle jacket vs. bad boy who figured out a trick to deny healthcare to an entire category of cancer patients

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
peak nyt for me is still that pamela paul column that was like

‘the trouble with coddled campus activists is that they live in echo chambers without hearing dissenting voices. when I was married to brett stephens, he often debated my views on politics, to the extent that i would break down crying in public. young people today just can’t take robust intellectual challenges like that.’

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Brett Stevens quit twitter crying because someone called him a bedbug

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

poisonpill posted:

Brett Stevens quit twitter crying because someone called him a bedbug

Bret Stephens claiming this was antisemitic and posting a screenshot of him using the first google hit for "jew" and "bedbug"

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

gradenko_2000 posted:

Bret Stephens claiming this was antisemitic and posting a screenshot of him using the first google hit for "jew" and "bedbug"

its incredibly funny how thin-skinned social media hot takers are

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

gradenko_2000 posted:

The linked article was about an actual literal bedbug outbreak in a Jewish ghetto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
they look like british royals