Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
the failing new york times are cutting their copy desk in half so it's gonna be even shittier now lol

read all about it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
love to read bret stephens

love to read maureen downs

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
bring back the good old days of the times imo

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
when your a genius

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
when somebody opposes a war

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
when it's time too get serious about the deficit

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
so true...

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
when you see a single mother

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
As it turns out he's ushered in a new era of insanely stupid conspiracy theories about Russia and hot takes about decorum

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
How much do all of their op ed contributors get paid

How much does Ross Douthat make

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Krugman became a boring stenographer for the Democrats this primary season and he is now Bad

When you read his (good) occasional essays in the New York Review of Books you realize how insultingly simple and retarded his times column is

Also he dedicated space to writing about online Bernie Bros last year which...come on

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
He was excellent during the 2008 primaries. His assessments of the relative merits of the Edwards, Clinton, and Obama healthcare plans were crucial. He esteemed the Edwards plan the highest - not coincidentally, Edwards also had the most straightforwardly left healthcare project.

Krugman's review of Picketty's Capital for the NYRB is very much worth the read. It reveals how rigorous and keen an analyst he can be when he wants to be, when he's writing for an audience he respects, and concomitantly exposes the cynicism of his lovely DNC press releases in the Times.

I gave up on him after the "Bernie Bros" article.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Bernie Bros are Mean Online and are Poisoning Democracy :qq: :qq:

I'm a huge bitch with an extra chromosome :qq: :qq:

I think that's the verbatim text of the column, something like that

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Bernie Bros

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Recently I took a friend with only a high school degree to lunch

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
isn't hating david foster wallace like a "the toast" thing

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
small brain: infinite jest is an important novel worthy of serious criticism
normal brain: no opinion on infinite jest
big brain: mallory ortberg told me dfw sucks so i dont like his books
exploding galaxy om brain: im glad dfw killed him self, its good

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I honestly don't think I've ever read a single frank bruni column and I plan to keep it that way

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
perhaps you're looking for the succeeding new york times thread?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Top City Homo posted:

the failing new york times

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Zeris posted:

Good News!

The New York Times is looking for an opinion writer to identify, explain and advocate big ideas about health care reform, public health, science, and related issues of public policy.

We’re looking for someone who writes sharply and provocatively and is ambitious to range widely in their work. We’re also looking for a great colleague. The editorial board is a writers’ collaborative; beats can be shared, and our journalists roam across subjects and forms of commentary, from breaking news to longer-term projects, from unsigned editorials to signed pieces.

The ability to write precisely, concisely and urgently are crucial. So is a sense of humor. This position is represented by the Newspaper Guild of New York.
If you are an an active employee at The New York Times or any affiliates (excluding INYT), please do not apply here. Go to the Career Worklet on your Workday home page and View "Find Internal Jobs". Thank you!
The New York Times Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics

the succeeding new york times

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
For The Market To Clear, The Uninsured Rate Must Go Up

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
the FAILING new york times

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
WaPo is wayyyyy worse imo hahaha

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
the failing washington post

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
the wapo editorial board is psychotically pro-war

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
The failing New York Times

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
hahaha jesus christ

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Haha you children

https://twitter.com/Olivianuzzi/status/902918843928018947

you just don't want to understand different worldviews, unlike the mature, succeeding new york times

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Josh Barro is a dogshit elitist, in the genuine political sense of "believes that an elite should exist and rule the others."

I hope he has a funny rich person death, like a paragliding accident, and that it happens very soon.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/SeanMcElwee/status/905091969801752576

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Thomas Chatterton Williams...

....actually owns

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Olivia Nazzi folks

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
My take:

Ta Nehisi Coates is good and Thomas Chatterton Williams has written viable, lucid critiques of his work in both the LRB and NYT

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Child Shocked to Learn That Headlines Not Written by Authors, Are Sometimes Misleading or Incomplete

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
this thread is about the failing New York Times

please post bad op-eds and pictures of Thomas Friedman. thanks