Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
the US has top level control of the military too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/RVAwonk/status/1740634302461677904?t=9lVkDFRt8WwwbN1V8PWAaA&s=19

Bueno makes a perfectly fair point here that for all the allegations the NYT levels, there isn't a lot of evidence for it

And what does she get?

https://twitter.com/CarlyPildis/status/1740839812989632847?t=DePF4ESzsGri8zO6IChFlg&s=19

Former Obama staffer calling her a lizard person

probably friends with that guy who yelled at the Halal Cart guys

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I was wondering where people were posting about that. rip John.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
mounk says the right bullshit so they will protect him

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
not the only war criminal they have on staff either

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

mawarannahr posted:

• What happened when a colleague made me a cup of tea? I almost died of shame
  • What I learned from a freezing night in A&E with my dad
  • They're horribly flashy and cost a fortune to run - I'd hate to own a superyacht
  • I was struggling with an underperforming poinsettia. Then I discovered how to make it shine
  • It took me 30 years to learn to love lapsang souchong - but now it's all gone horribly wrong
  • What's the secret of packing light for a holiday? Ask my mum
  • It's never OK to look at your phone in church - unless you're checking the score
  • I know just what I want for Christmas - but I'm not sure it's legal
  • I loved my new glasses - until everyone told me what they thought of them
  • How can you tell if someone's really an atheist? Watch them at a penalty shootout
  • Vets, you deserve my apologies
  • Where will you spend Christmas? With your parents? Your in-laws? Your children? Why is it so complicated?
  • What have I learned after three years of dog ownership? Beware of the vet bills
  • I am through with hugs and kisses. Handshakes are the only answer
  • I loved the Marina Abramovic show - but the most shocking moment came in the giftshop
  • The left lane on a motorway is for the virtuous and the good. That's why I love it
  • How did I spend Halloween? With an incredible group of nuns
  • Why are young people all growing mullets? I've been inspired by a much better hairstyle
  • How on earth are you supposed to review a parking space?

thank you for putting a collection of these together. I treasure this post.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Cerebral Bore posted:

you have to remember that the commentariat mainly consists of people who have been coddled for so long that they can't really comprehend how anyone could view their behaviour in a negative light, no matter how hosed up it is

and they expect good treatment based on their social position and employment

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
lot of innocent people died because of their reporting. gently caress the nyt forever.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
your summary of that is better than the show, no doubt

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
she could’ve said any kind of sandwich as long as she said she’d have two glasses of scotch with it and she’d have won them over

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Shear Modulus posted:

hot dogs have buns. Is a hot dog a burger?

no but both are sandwiches

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I’ve seen plenty but never touched one. article is wrong.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Cassian of Imola posted:

altemeyer could never have written this before the existence of SA mods

oh poo poo, didn’t know he died. i took one of his classes.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Precambrian Video Games posted:

They should put him in the Hall of Credible Accusations of Rape along with Doug Gilmour and a few hundred other notable pro athletes.

i think every hockey player is a sex offender

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
oh Tadanobu Asano is in that. he’s always worth watching.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Cassian of Imola posted:

that probably wouldn't be so bad since Portuguese and Japanese sound so different, plus you can use different styles for the subtitles. but casting actors, and hiring screenwriters and directors, fluent in both Portuguese and Japanese would be a nightmare

probably a lot of Brazilians could do that

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

they colonized an island off of Nagasaki at best. they left the word for Tempura. that’s all.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

wait they are communist???

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

cat botherer posted:

They also didn’t fall under the sway of Japanese pop culture, because they hate the Japanese for pretty good reasons.

it’s pretty much lifted from Japanese pop culture, but they improved on it and polished it up so much more.

they decided to use sexy confident women instead of awkward teenagers which broadened the appeal beyond teenagers and perverts.

Korean production values are streets ahead of Japanese ones too. a lot of Japanese programs and movies just look worse. it’s like the difference between Canadian and American production quality.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Smith was her married name now she’s the Sole Smith

(I regret what I read of it)

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Clark Nova posted:

over-under on the first politically motivated firing?

is this why they are avoiding the student protests?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

thats hilarious. i knew Joe was full of poo poo the moment I saw him. He was one of those types that followed loads of people to build his numbers then shed them to look like he earned a following. his politics were bad and he was mistrusted by every left wing canadian online.

and loving lol for Boeckner to spread that to a very large audience. i thought he was keeping politics on the DL because he was in Arcade Fire