Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

quote:

Mirjana Lucic Baroni was beating Carina Witthoeft 6-3, 5-7, 5-0 and held match point to win the final set in a bagel. She lost the point, lost the game and lost the set 8-6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Fanatic posted:

:agreed: he and Kyrgios are lazy arrogant douchebags and most of us Aussies like to pretend they don't exist, which is unfortunate as they're our top ranked players.

I don't think Hewitt was ever this embarrassing.

Hewitt wasn't popular, but you can bet he would have killed himself on live television before he would have tanked a match to get back home earlier.

The New Yorker has a Kyrgios profile in next week's issue. It's already online.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/07/10/nick-kyrgios-the-reluctant-rising-star-of-tennis

edit:

Kyrgios always reminds me of a really tall basketball player who doesn't give a poo poo about the game, but plays it anyway because he happens to be good at it. You can hide that sort of thing in a team environment; it gets really jarring when that type of person is alone on the court playing a sport like tennis though.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Jul 5, 2017

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

He and Tomic have both been fined. Tomic has to pay $15000 for faking an injury (and admitting it in the press conference); Medwedew $14500 for his coin shenanigans.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
That was horrible. God.

https://twitter.com/BenRothenberg/status/882994435457462274

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

quote:

There is little to say about the gruesome knee catastrophe Bethanie Mattek-Sands suffered—and we mean suffered—today. With the NSFW warning, there are video clips floating around. Injuries are, of course, part of all sports. But it’s hard to recall a scenario akin to what we saw today, a player screaming in agony as the opponent went into shock herself, other players cried, fans fainted and an ambulance motored to the side of the court.

edit:

Also, today I've learned that Polona Hercog has a skull tattoo on her arm.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jul 6, 2017

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

quote:

WIMBLEDON, England — A tearful Bethanie Mattek-Sands said on Facebook Live on Saturday that she would undergo surgery to repair a dislocated right kneecap and a ruptured patella tendon that led to a wrenching scene during her second-round Wimbledon match on Thursday. Mattek-Sands, 32, said she planned to fly to New York on Sunday to see doctors in preparation for the surgery.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
poo poo, I missed the Nadal loss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Sodium Chloride posted:

Djokovic has lost his serve in the second set! Tune in for an upset.

e: He loving quit! That piece of poo poo.

I bet someone put gluten in his tooth paste. Poor Novak!!

• Locked thread