Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
You fuckers did it.

TNA is dead

long live GFW

http://www.tennessean.com/story/mon...Key=&autologin=

also Slammiversary on Sunday

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/881774013260849152

CHAMPIONS:

GLOBAL IMPACT FORCE NONSTOP ACTION CHAMPION AND FACE OF THE COMPANY:
ALBERTO DEL RIO

(currently suspended pending domestic violence charges)

GRAND CHAMPION: MOOSE

X-DIVISION CHAMPION: SONJAY DUTT

KNOCKOUTS CHAMPION: SIENNA

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: LAX

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jul 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jeff Jarrett founded one company, sold it because he was too financially inept to run it, made himself champ repeatedly while he stuck around, eventually left, and founded another company that was never even good enough to get on the ground on its own, but was still able to sell it to the first company he founded because he was too financially inept to run it, all while successfully convincing them to change the first company's name to the new second company's name

Jeff Jarrett might be the greatest sad man I've ever seen in this shameful business and the industry will be noticeably worse when he finally leaves it

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
:siren: WE ALL OUTLIVED TNA :siren:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

dsriggs posted:

I haven't, I died when Dixie insulted the head of the Discovery channel and I've been a zombie ever since.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
http://www.gfwmecca.com

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chris James 2 posted:

Jeff Jarrett founded one company, sold it because he was too financially inept to run it, made himself champ repeatedly while he stuck around, eventually left, and founded another company that was never even good enough to get on the ground on its own, but was still able to sell it to the first company he founded because he was too financially inept to run it, all while successfully convincing them to change the first company's name to the new second company's name

Jeff Jarrett might be the greatest sad man I've ever seen in this shameful business and the industry will be noticeably worse when he finally leaves it

Losing tons of money and and trading the second company you lost money on for worthless stock of the first company (that you traded to promote the second one) is just inept. There's a reason he's developed a huge drinking problem.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Jeff Jarrett is my favorite failson

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I hereby crown Jeff Jarrett the reigning "Carny King"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

Losing tons of money and and trading the second company you lost money on for worthless stock of the first company (that you traded to promote the second one) is just inept. There's a reason he's developed a huge drinking problem.

He married Karen Angle?

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

pity, total nonstop gold is a way better name than global force gold

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
i hear slammiversary has actually been a very well built show. i'd like to check out dutt/ki 2/3 falls at least

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
make a tna-gfw megathread and be done

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Spermgod posted:

i hear slammiversary has actually been a very well built show. i'd like to check out dutt/ki 2/3 falls at least

A couple of the matches seen interesting and I want to see how they book that 4-way tag match but like gently caress is any of it worth missing Long Beach for.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The NOAH partnership has me interested if they keep bringing those guys over

The World X-Cups were one of the few things TNA did right - more of that, please

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How long until Jeff Jarrett gets the strap

quote:

In June 2002, Jarrett and his father created a limited-liability company, J Sports and Entertainment and opened a new pro wrestling promotion, Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA). TNA aired in a weekly pay-per-view format until May 2004, when the promotion negotiated a TV deal with Fox Sports Net and began broadcasting Impact!. In November 2004, TNA began airing monthly pay-per-views instead of weekly pay-per-views, and in October 2005 Impact! moved to Spike TV. Panda Energy and its Chairman and CEO, Robert Carter, acquired a controlling interest in TNA in 2002, although Jarrett remained a minority owner.[24][25][26]

On the inaugural TNA pay-per-view on June 19, 2002, Jarrett took part in a Gauntlet for the Gold with the NWA World Heavyweight Championship on the line, but was eliminated by country singer Toby Keith. In the following months, Jarrett feuded with Scott Hall, Brian Lawler, and Brian Girard James. On November 20, 2002, Jarrett defeated Ron Killings to win the NWA World Championship with the assistance of Vince Russo.

Going off the last time Jeff Jarrett was in charge of a wrestling promotion with a TV deal, uh, almost immediately

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Michael J Beverage, I've got a bone to pick with you.
LOLGFW

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

dsriggs posted:

Who are we kidding. TNA by another name is still TNA.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

grack posted:

Who are we kidding. TNA by another name is still TNA.

Technically we did outlive TNA as the original TNA company folded last year and became Impact Ventures or some poo poo.

It doesn't matter though it's still TNA and the TNA tag should be used for TNA threads.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
How long before whoever becomes the first GFW champion hawks their belt on Global Force Gold only to find out it's not real gold?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Has Bram signed

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

WCW wasn't still called Jim Crockett Promotions. Change the WCW tag. Oh wait, there's only a Thunder one :smug:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Has Bram signed

And is his deal multi-year?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Has Bram signed

he suffered some injury in Italy and spent a few days in a hospital

details on the exact injury are being kept tight though

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

exploded mummy posted:

he suffered some injury in Italy and spent a few days in a hospital

details on the exact injury are being kept tight though

Rectum? drat near killed him!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
We are now on WCW Part 3.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Maxwell Lord posted:

We are now on WCW Part 3.

Part 4. You forgot WWA.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Xerzes posted:

Part 4. You forgot WWA.

WCW: Andromeda

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
I will momentarily mourn the loss of Tits N' rear end Wrestling but I await the relaunch of Good loving Wrestling.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Do I even want to know what Global Force Gold is?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Gorgolflox posted:

Either just before or after JJ started GFW, he also started up a gold bouillon/coin selling company as well. I think it's dead already.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Every time I hear gfw I still assume it stands for games for windows and am reminded how much I liked gfw radio

So, I guess that's a positive view of the brand for me

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Gorgolflox posted:

A totally legitimate business.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DJExile posted:

Either just before or after JJ started GFW, he also started up a gold bouillon/coin selling company as well. I think it's dead already.

It was after it became obvious he was never going to get a TV deal out of the TV tapings he ran so he decided he needed to do something to stop losing so much money on GFW.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

wwe deliberately sabotaged gfw by signing away a bunch of useless guys on their t.v. taping to make the show unairable

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I hope Vince outlives Jeff Jarrett.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
This is the greatest news in the history of our sport!

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I like how the BBC news page has a pic of Trump with Lashley on it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Congratulations to Alberto Del Rio for finding a way to get 2 world titles out of signing with TNA.

Long live GFW

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chris James 2 posted:

Congratulations to Alberto Del Rio for finding a way to get 2 world titles out of signing with TNA.

Long live GFW

Only TNA folds into a fake wrestling company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/GolazoDan/status/881883023435812866