Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

grack posted:

Has TNA ever made a profit? I've heard Cornette alluding to the company actually making money in 2009 but I'm not sure I believe that.

Very briefly in 2008. Meaning they made money for the quarter, they had still lost 50 million + by that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

grack posted:

Has TNA ever made a profit? I've heard Cornette alluding to the company actually making money in 2009 but I'm not sure I believe that.

amazingly the early ppvs sold ok and they could have probably made some money if they continued on like that, but the company they used to promote them lied about the sell rate and caused them to overbudget which meant they still lost money overall

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

grack posted:

If TNA really wanted to trademark all that stuff why'd they wait so long?

Nobody knew copyrights could be so complicated!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

corn in the bible posted:

amazingly the early ppvs sold ok and they could have probably made some money if they continued on like that, but the company they used to promote them lied about the sell rate and caused them to overbudget which meant they still lost money overall

This isn't true at all. The early PPVs sold like poo poo. If they had a modest budget they needed 50,000 PPV buys per week. They never came close and were averaging 10,000 very quickly. They also couldn't sell tickets and had to downscale their live venue immediately. While they could have lowered their budget earlier if the word they were getting from the Hassman was more accurate they NEVER could have made money with that set up. They just would have gone bankrupt slightly slower.

It is also important to remember they hired a guy who was fired from a similar position in WCW because he was too incompetent. Hiring him is on TNA. A PPV only model was completely idiotic and while the PPV estimate thing was a good scapegoat early they lost money because no one bought their PPVs and no one came to their shows.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
the lesson to learn from all this is never give jeff jarrett any money, either as an investor or as a consumer

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

the lesson to learn from all this is never give jeff jarrett any money [...] as a consumer

Good news: TNA fans are unlikely to change this longtime truism

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It had been awhile since I did the math and realized TNA was producing weekly PPVs and generating less than $50,000 in total revenue from them.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

the lesson to learn from all this is never give jeff jarrett any money, either as an investor or as a consumer

*drops all of my global force gold bars* WHAT

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

MassRafTer posted:

This isn't true at all. The early PPVs sold like poo poo. If they had a modest budget they needed 50,000 PPV buys per week. They never came close and were averaging 10,000 very quickly. They also couldn't sell tickets and had to downscale their live venue immediately. While they could have lowered their budget earlier if the word they were getting from the Hassman was more accurate they NEVER could have made money with that set up. They just would have gone bankrupt slightly slower.

It is also important to remember they hired a guy who was fired from a similar position in WCW because he was too incompetent. Hiring him is on TNA. A PPV only model was completely idiotic and while the PPV estimate thing was a good scapegoat early they lost money because no one bought their PPVs and no one came to their shows.
This was also in an era when it was really easy to spoof PPV because I know during all of the TNA weekly PPVs I had them all on VHS through a family member who hadn't paid a penny to see wrestling from 1993-2004

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

What is Dixie up to these days?

Did she say anything interesting in her recent WWE interview thingo?

Has she found another industry to excell at now she has won at both PR and Pro (w)Restling?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Gaz-L posted:

And at this point there is literally no other reason to try and hold on to the IP except pettiness.

It's the Wrestling Way!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DJZ talking about rupturing his colon in Mexico http://wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/0730/629626/djz-details-rupturing-his-colon-in-mexico/

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
the colons are from puerto rico please dont generalize

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

RealFoxy posted:

This was also in an era when it was really easy to spoof PPV because I know during all of the TNA weekly PPVs I had them all on VHS through a family member who hadn't paid a penny to see wrestling from 1993-2004

My dad pirated all the WWE and WCW PPVs for us with his illegal cable box. He would record them on VHS and then give them to us the next day, telling us his friend Matt had recorded it.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
If he really loved you he would have skipped all the WCW PPVs after Starrcade '97. In fact, hopefully he skipped that one as well.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

grack posted:

If he really loved you he would have skipped all the WCW PPVs after Starrcade '97. In fact, hopefully he skipped that one as well.

Spring Stampede 2000 and Greed are extremely good.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

quote:

DJZ added, "I walk into the hotel and there's a bathroom in the lobby of the hotel. I walk in there and as soon as I get in the lobby, throw my bags on the floor and go straight to that bathroom because I need to go. I went to use the bathroom and I go and I s--t pure blood and I know that's not normal. 

oh word?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

I have the August thread title

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I went to watch TNA and I poo poo pure blood

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/mookieghana/status/891808726855933952

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Sami Zayn already preparing for post-WWE life

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

EugeneJ posted:

Sami Zayn already preparing for post-WWE life

You'd think he could buy a full mask again with that WWE cash.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Could you imagine being a TNA intern? How would you distinguish yourself from anybody else who's not getting paid?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sandow has really gone all in on his gimmick

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

That Intern looks like he's watching footage of his girlfriend cheating on him right as they take the picture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

so did they photoshop them both in, or Martin Sheen into a picture of Aron Rex

• Locked thread