Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Sometimes I forget she was ever in WWE and have to remember how bizarre her entire run was there, both backstage and in the ring. Certainly one of the most pathetic, ignominious ends for a character in WWE, crying in-ring and then vanishing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

coconono posted:

My understanding is she was going through all sorts of bad body and mental stuff after she left from WWE.

For Autism Personified up there, poor health = getting pregnant and having a miscarriage

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

flashy_mcflash posted:

For Autism Personified up there, poor health = getting pregnant and having a miscarriage

sorry your brain doesn't do neat tricks like mine can.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Jason Sextro posted:

a blue chipper that promising only comes around once a generation

And it's been nearly a generation since Matt Morgan came around, so we're due for another one soon.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I actually liked Matt Morgan.

Especially the bit when where he left TNA the first time, he left to get a real job selling insurance, (or similar), because it both payed better and allowed him more time with his family.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
Apparently Alberto is no longer a suspect.

I still am not sure that this bodes well for Alberto but at least now he can't no-show his own trial.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

coconono posted:

My understanding is she was going through all sorts of bad body and mental stuff after she left from WWE.

I honestly didn't recognise her in GLOW on Netflix. Even more amazing, she can act; the only acting she'd been allowed to do in TNA was growling.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Marmaduke! posted:

I honestly didn't recognise her in GLOW on Netflix. Even more amazing, she can act; the only acting she'd been allowed to do in TNA was growling.

Yeah she does a REALLY good job in GLOW, which surprised me a little.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Waaaaaaaaaitaminwaiwaiwaiwaiwaiwadaminnit. You're telling me TNA underutilized talent?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Well, it wasn't just TNA- all I've seen of her as Kong or Kharma has been as the big scary monster, and here she gets to not only play a character who starts off knowing nothing about wrestling, but her in-ring character is a comedic one and she pulls it off easy.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
HOW IS THIS STILL ALIVE

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

corn in the bible posted:

HOW IS THIS STILL ALIVE

Ain’t he great???

Qoey
Jun 2, 2014

Maxwell Lord posted:

Well, it wasn't just TNA- all I've seen of her as Kong or Kharma has been as the big scary monster, and here she gets to not only play a character who starts off knowing nothing about wrestling, but her in-ring character is a comedic one and she pulls it off easy.

Seriously though. She had some of the best lines in the whole show.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

The key is to follow this up with the Kurt angle Jenna movie End game, and she is not the worst actor in the movie!

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

bobkatt013 posted:

The key is to follow this up with the Kurt angle Jenna movie End game, and she is not the worst actor in the movie!

I remain convinced that they added in lines about the child actor being special needs because they were such a bad actor.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

corn in the bible posted:

HOW IS THIS STILL ALIVE

TNA is dead

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Yeah but impact is still here

It is still here

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

bobkatt013 posted:

Is that the one where Kurt is a serial killer who at one point dresses as a clown?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

BrigadierSensible posted:

Is that the one where Kurt is a serial killer who at one point dresses as a clown?

no he said this was a movie not a documentary

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

no he said this was a movie not a documentary

Parts are movie ans others just home film of angle

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/RichardsWesley/status/889573195212349441

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I actually honestly don't know, but I assume that is Davey Richards? If so I gotta say becoming a doctor is one hell of a step-up from where his wrestling career has gone and I hope things work out for him.

Few years ago he was legit one of the best wrestlers in the world, but he just completely fell off my radar after he went to TNA.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Davey Richards now entering the 5th year of his final year in wrestling

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
"It's over, Eddie. You're free now."

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

Davey Richards now entering the 5th year of his final year in wrestling

The Terry Funk Retirement Plan

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ad by Khad posted:

"It's over, Eddie. You're free now."

Davey finds himself surrounded by small indy wrestlers. Behind him, a giant Eddie Edwards looms over him. Davey approaches with wonder in his eyes ,"It's me, Eddie. I"m going back to GFW. Come with me, come back to GFW with me." Eddie turns and leaves with the indy wrestlers, Davey looks sad but then smiles,"I understand.... it's not you :shobon:"

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
TNA performer to doctor is probably the most extreme life improvement one could imagine

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

imagine if davey richards was your doctor lol

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Mel Mudkiper posted:

TNA performer to doctor is probably the most extreme life improvement one could imagine

Nah there's always Sunglasses Hut

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

then again, wrestling is so full of let-downs and lowest common denominator bullshit he is probably gonna be a doctor of Homeopathy or some poo poo

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

then again, wrestling is so full of let-downs and lowest common denominator bullshit he is probably gonna be a doctor of Homeopathy or some poo poo

I have to assume he's not going to be an actual MD when I see poo poo like this in his timeline:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I have to assume he's not going to be an actual MD when I see poo poo like this in his timeline:

goddammit

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

So he's basically going right to the GFW of medicine

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Oh my God :xd:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
davey's gonna be a doctor like doctor phil or doctor j

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
"I'm sorry, Mrs. Dawson, it appears you have Shooting Star Gorilla Lock Bradycardia and Triple Countout Anemia. Only the second one of those has a cure."

"What... what can I do, Doctor?"

"Book an appointment with Dr. Tony Kozina to find out. In the meantime, I suggest you no-sell."

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

imagine if davey richards was your doctor lol

For years, he was legitimately people's 1) firefighter and 2) paramedic

I don't know if this is significantly worse than trusting him to save you from a fire and not also rob you, or trusting him to kickstart your heart

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Someone remind me of what that super long "goddammit janice" or whatever promo he gave when he either won or didn't win the ROH championship and was going to retire to be a paramedic was.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Edge & Christian posted:

Someone remind me of what that super long "goddammit janice" or whatever promo he gave when he either won or didn't win the ROH championship and was going to retire to be a paramedic was.

After he won the title he called his best friends into the ring - from memory it was Eddie Edwards, Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reilly - and thanked them for always being there for him through good times and bad. He mentioned "That poo poo with Jan" in relation to a bad relationship breakup he went through. I honestly don't remember him saying much more about her than that but for a little while afterwards in here there was at least one poster who acted like it was something Davey brought up constantly and wouldn't shut up about (maybe he did another promo where he did?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

So many jokes

So, so many jokes

• Locked thread