Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i buy a lot of books that i dont read, but i opened this rwemerson compilation because it was by my door and i put it in the pocket of my cargo shorts before i went to work

it had some stuff about how writing makes you share a mind with other people even dead ones

knowledge is power

what books have you bought that you haven't read i made a list of mine it doesn't include the remington book i just bought that one

this list leaves out college textbooks i didn't sell back because i dont sell any of them back because i am a hoarder of book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
did you guys know that the communist manifesto is only like 40 pages long?

i finished that one. it's p miuch "your boss owns you. your landlord owns you. you will make someone else money or you will starve"

yeah

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

de_dust posted:

I like keeping big and smart sounding books around my place in easily visible places

like 12 of the books on my list are those barnes and noble special editions with the leather covers and foil stamped labels and gilded edges and ribbon bookmarks because i am a weak man

im like those people that buy every apple product except with ribbon bookmarks

Rasta_Al posted:

Mein Kampf eh? D&D is probably mobilizing a task force as we speak

hey mein k could be lots of things

it is mein kempf, i had the idea that people should be 'familiar with the words and methods of history's most succesful demagogue' and it should be required reading in high school or something, then i thought that i should really know exactly what is in the book before i make a statement like that so i bought a copy of it

i havent read it

hide it when my mom visits

no one else visits

ArgumentatumE.C.T. fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jul 1, 2017

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GUYS STOP posted:

thanks for the synopsis on the ancient pamphlet you read. a manifesto is meant to be a short political summary by definition so its brevity is neither unexpected nor comical

well la dee da look at this guy over here that actually reads the poo poo he buys

la dee freakin da, y'all

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GUYS STOP posted:

if you're going do dismiss a statment without any backing facts the new modern presidentialy approved way to do that is to call the stament "Fake News" The Lah-dee stuff is pretty close to the presidential house style but is a waste of characters. Think about your response on a 160 char headline space.

choke on your own piss nerd

• Locked thread