Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

you ask this about a corporation that

- makes its new hires wear a propeller beanie
- is building a college dorm for its employees
- doles out human contact ("massage credits") to people who work hard
- has a literal ball pit with a slide in its lobby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i support the building of housing in theory, but lomarf if you think it's not gonna be (1) a family-unfriendly worker hole for unmarried 20-30somethings to keep living like they did at stanford and (2) a company-town-esque ploy to keep people at their jobs longer and return some of their salary to the employer

like, gently caress, let google get into the real estate business. why not. let them build giant apartment blocks and actually drive down the cost of housing for everyone, instead of further stratifying and separating the Googlers from the Rest Of Us.

also this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QCySNv7cxA

"someone else whose job it is to figure out how to set up rooms determined that this table would look good here"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

100 percent of units should be considered "affordable", given the metrics i'm sure they're using to determine that, but i agree that 10,000 units would be a great step forwards for the area. here's to hoping.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

WARN: you are gay

ERROR: someone has stolen your trees

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it's true. unlike british english, american english is mutually intelligible by people who grew up more than 100 miles apart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

poty posted:

i apologize but this, along with most things goldman sachs, is extremely my poo poo

are you on the social network for hedge fund investors that he's building?

• Locked thread