Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'm a male single parent and my work doesn't pay for my kid to stay with me if I need to travel. Teleconferencing in is thus an alternative I avail myself of.

Maybe I'm not demanding enough of my employer but I think it's weird to bring your kid to a work retreat.

Being a single parent means making tough employment choices sometimes and it's not always fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Aphrodite posted:

Well it sounds like it came as sort of a threat.

We won't pay and you'll have to teleconference in or you're off the book.

"We won't pay to bring your kid and you still need to attend work, we will set up teleconferencing for you".

This is not unreasonable unless they won't pay her for her time.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Aphrodite posted:

(That and potentially because of the freelance position, it's unpaid.)

I mean, if it's this then obviously gently caress those guys. I didn't read it as necessarily being this though. And even if it is, that's a different issue about not paying creatives for their time.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The only predatory part is getting the guy down to 50% of his asking but that heavily depends on what the approach was.

Comics aren't worth anything. Except when they're worth something.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
35% actually seems high.

There's no way I would ever sell to a comic store. I've been looking at offloading some of my collection but it'll be with Kijiji or similar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
As someone who hasn't watched TV for teens in a while, Riverdale reminds me very much of the OC. Which was great.

• Locked thread