Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roth
Jul 9, 2016

A Strange Aeon posted:

I don't suppose the Marvel GI Joe stuff from the 80s is on Marvel Unlimited? The IDW reissue trades are like 20 bucks each and there's at least 16 of them.

I think they can't because they don't have the rights for them. Same for ROM, Transformers, and Godzilla.

I do find it funny though because some of the X-Men issues from that era mention Monster Island and that Rogue had contact with ROM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I watched Castlevania show yesterday, and it was so bad.

It was like they sucked out everything fun about the Castlevania games, and replaced it with a boring rear end in a top hat that mopes around about how he doesn't want to save people, and then in the final episode suddenly goes

"Huh, you know, maybe this genocide thing is kinda bad???"

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

A Strange Aeon posted:

I ordered an Amazon Fire yesterday and I was wondering if anyone had any issues with using it to read comics. I'm pretty new to digital comics at all but I've found it really hard to read physical books with our baby in my lap so I thought a Kindle might be easier to read with 1 hand.

The only problem I ever had was that Marvel Unlimited isn't supported, but that's easily solved by getting the apk file and installing it. It works great.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

A Strange Aeon posted:

That's weird Marvel Unlimited isn't supported, I had just assumed it would be.

Is it difficult to get the apk or whatever? I'm not super familiar with that.

Nah, you can find it just by googling Marvel Unlimited apk

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

X-O posted:

They're sitting in a box (like a real box, not a comic box) in my closet and I'm too lazy/disinterested in doing the whole ebay thing and shipping them off and I don't need the money so there's no motivating factor in getting rid of them until I need the space in the closet. So it might be Deadpool 3 by the time that happens.

I'll buy them for 50 cents and a Darth Vader action figure

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Hey Rhyno, how dumb of an idea was it for me to buy two of those blind grab bags on Amazon that have like 25 comics in them? They were less than $10 each and I'm betting it's mostly trash, but it should be fun to go through them to see what I get at least.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

X-O posted:

"Oh wow I got all of Galactic Storm!"

I would be the happiest man alive if that were the case.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Getting that Ghost Rider issue just made me more interested in getting more ridiculous old comics like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

So I got those two blind grab bags I bought a week ago today. Here's what I got.

Batman: The New Adventures #413, Batman Incorporated #9, Infinite Crisis #6, Batman: The Long Halloween #13, Unexpected #206, Justice League of America #43 (James Robinson), Justice League #20 (New 52), Flashpoint: Hal Jordan #3, Justice League Europe #43, Superboy plus The Power of Shazam #1, Superman: Secret Files & Origins 2005, Before Watchmen: Moloch #2, Fury of Firestorm #27, Hitman #11, Arion: Lord of Atlantis #4, Aquaman #22 (New 52), Atari Force #9, L.E.G.I.O.N. '93 #51, The New Teen Titans #10, Action Comics #527, The Warlord #106, The Kents #1, Green Lantern #0 (New 52), The Green Lantern Corps 215, Green Lantern #60 (Johns), Justice League Europe #26, Legion of Super-Heroes #0, Static Shock: Rebirth of the Cool #1, Aquaman #0 (Peter David), JLA Classified #1, Conan the Barbarian #149, The Defenders #118, Civil War 2 #3, Sleepwalker #33, The Avengers #226, Lone Wolf and Cub #7, The H.A.R.D. Corps #23, Shaman's Tears #2, Frex #3, Nemesis The Warlock #5, Stalkers #1, Robocop: Prime Suspect #2, The Strangers #5, Danger Unlimited #2, Hellshock #3, Mystery Incorporated #1, The Fly #6, Turok: Dinosaur Hunter #5, X-O Manowar #32, Mai The Psychic Girl #9, Batman and the Outsiders #30, and The Flash #308.

All the Valiant stuff is from 80s/90s.

Roth fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jul 23, 2017

• Locked thread