Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I started reading the Simonson Thor trades I bought during the amazon sale and they are just as amazing as I've been told

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
The art is way cleaner than I expect for the time, and while I love modern coloring (for the most part) there is something about that flat, limited palette that really makes the pictures pop. I'm only one issue in, but the story is already dense af, something I commented on when I started the Moench/Sienkevich Moon Knight a bit ago.

But why listen to my poorly cobbled together thoughts when you can listen to Miles and Elizabeth really get into the story. Their podcast was the main reason I picked this up, just like Jay and Miles pushed me towards grabbing Excalibur, too.

https://www.thelightningandthestorm.com/

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
This is my shame: https://www.amazon.com/HP-17-l010-Android-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B00NC07T1I

Heavy, huge, wants to be a laptop but uses an android OS. There's a reason why it was discontinued. Did I mention that it doesn't rotate on it's own? I had to install an app to flip the screen so I don't have to use guided view in comixology.

But I got it new for less than half price, and for what I use it for (comics!) it is perfect. All in all, a 17 inch screen is a bit overkill, but the width is perfect for displaying full sized pages. Double page spreads need guided view or screen rotation, but eh. It's served me well for over a year and people always ask about it when I'm reading comics at the bar (which Ill be headed to in an hour or so).

EDIT: poo poo, I've had this beast for almost two years now. I need to start saving up assuming it has a three year lifespan like most of these things

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

How does a 17" screen need guided view for double-page spreads!? My iPad Air displays them reasonably readable in landscape, and my iPad Pro does it without issue at all.

It doesn't *need* it, but since comixology doesn't let me just zoom in like my cbr reader, and I don't like straining my eyes if there's a bunch of small text, I switch to GV.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Ghostlight posted:

I really liked iZombie, but to be honest I've only read a few issues because I'm really lazy at ordering physical comics.

I'm gonna say something I never thought I'd ever say:

The show is better. Like, I love the comic, and there's stuff I miss from there. But holy poo poo is the show good. Great chemistry between the cast, an actual plot, minimal relationship bullshit (at least compared to the rest of the genre). The third season just dropped on Netflix.

EDIT: Oh hey, I should have read the next page. Maybe my opinion isn't so out there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Teenage Fansub posted:

Well, the comic has more Mike Allred art in it!

So does the show!('s intro) I do miss the mod ghost, but at least they worked the were-terrier into it.

EDIT: oh I just saw you said ":more" rip me

• Locked thread