Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

One of my pet ideas for writing a Batman comic would be a Gotham-born superhero who doesn't think Batman's system works because it's too rigid on crime, and Batman having to deal with someone who isn't interested in his lectures and sees him as just as inefficient as he sees the GCPD.

Please don't steal my bad Batman idea.

Congrats you just invented Red Hood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Old man yells at cloud.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Edge & Christian posted:

Shitposter can't read

That's why we keep the word counts low for you ;)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Maybe they thought Alex was a guy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well it sounds like it came as sort of a threat.

We won't pay and you'll have to teleconference in or you're off the book.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jordan7hm posted:

"We won't pay to bring your kid and you still need to attend work, we will set up teleconferencing for you".

Right, and that's reasonable if that's how they presented it.

But it doesn't sound that way.

(That and potentially because of the freelance position, it's unpaid.)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Space Fish posted:

I'm with Alex that publishers should throw parents, especially single parents, a bone, but she needs to lay off of Valiant.
*huffy nerd mode*
Valiant is a sausage party, sure, but don't discount the contributions of Jen Van Meter, Marguerite Sauvage, Amy Chu, and Patricia Martin (off the top of my head) just because another company wouldn't comp travel and hotel for your baby. Keep firing shots at other publishers, that's a great job security strategy.

Marvel and DC have lots of female writers and artists too. But they never really invited them to retreats until KSD called it out.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

Isn't that called a translation?

It can be, but they presumably want to be upfront about it in this case.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

American format isn't A anything.

They're 10 1/8 by 6 6/8s which isn't even a paper size either.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Doctor Octopus is a nazi now though so hey it all worked out in the end.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah I feel like someone selling a lot like that should know what valuable issues he has in it or it's your own fault.

The guy had a price he wanted for it, it's different if like he was asking someone to take a look and make an offer.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Predatory capitalism is good no matter who does it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

His only mistake was not running the guy over to get his money back.

• Locked thread