Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

CommieGIR posted:

Cool, let me know when they actually out somebody and your not just repeating whatever /r/TheDonald claims they tried to do.

Lol... you're just separated from reality. Read the statement they released about how he needs to behave in the future or they reserve the right to out him. That is the problem. Not whether or not he was outed. The fact that CNN thinks making thinly veiled threats to do so is okay is the problem.

CommieGIR posted:

And CNN didn't out him. At all. You're repeating TheDonald's claims about CNN.

Please find where I said they outed him.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jul 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bengy81
May 8, 2010
WHY ARE YOU SILL ARGUING ABOUT THIS JESUS CHRIST.

Anybody wanna gamble on when we go to war with Best Korea?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

bengy81 posted:

Anybody wanna gamble on when we go to war with Best Korea?

Never. Because South Korea won't do it, and China won't buy into it unless he goes loose cannon.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

CommieGIR posted:

Again: The guy is a-okay with releasing everyone else's personal info in his war against the Jews. Maybe you need to determine why he has a right to out thousands of others who have done nothing in a antisemitic quest against the Jews, but to be outed himself is suddenly bad.

And CNN didn't out him. At all. You're repeating TheDonald's claims about CNN.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

bengy81 posted:

WHY ARE YOU SILL ARGUING ABOUT THIS JESUS CHRIST.

Gas thread GiP start over

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/andrewfacini/status/882648043765551105

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Gas thread GiP start over

Peacekeeper the thread.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Cole, you're wrong. CNN didn't out him, blackmail him, threaten, or even implicitly threaten him. His mea culpa came before the story and they said they withheld his personal details.

The whole part that your hung up on isn't a threat. It's a news organization saying that if he does something newsworthy they will report on it again and they aren't bound to keep his identity secret.

CNN did not doxx the guy. The journalist did some basic investigating and reached out to the guy. They are explicitly NOT doxxing him or revealing anything. They also are doing nothing whatsoever to affect his behavior. If he goes back to being a racist shithead they aren't going to drop an article that is nothing but his contact info. He would actually need to do something newsworthy to ever be mentioned again.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Also if this is gonna keep going can we quarantine the stupid CNN non-doxx story to the clinton/bernie/guns thread?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I know it's not as cool as animated gifs or anything but that Amelia Earhart thing is sad if true

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

I know it's not as cool as animated gifs or anything but that Amelia Earhart thing is sad if true

From presumed dead crashed into the ocean to presumed dead in a japanese prison camp in the marshall islands. :ohdear:

lovely way to go.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Nice! posted:

Also if this is gonna keep going can we quarantine the stupid CNN non-doxx story to the clinton/bernie/guns thread?

Guns haven't done anything that bad to deserve something like that.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Mr. Nice! posted:

From presumed dead crashed into the ocean to presumed dead in a japanese prison camp in the marshall islands. :ohdear:

lovely way to go.

If it's any consolation she was probably raped to death before she starved to death.

Hrm.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Guns haven't done anything that bad to deserve something like that.

Guns don't kill threads, people do

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
I think we have sufficiently established the no-man's land in between either side of the CNN debate.

From now on, CNN posts get edited into gifs from that GBS thread.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mr. Nice! posted:

Cole, you're wrong. CNN didn't out him, blackmail him, threaten, or even implicitly threaten him. His mea culpa came before the story and they said they withheld his personal details.

The whole part that your hung up on isn't a threat. It's a news organization saying that if he does something newsworthy they will report on it again and they aren't bound to keep his identity secret.

CNN did not doxx the guy. The journalist did some basic investigating and reached out to the guy. They are explicitly NOT doxxing him or revealing anything*. They also are doing nothing whatsoever to affect his behavior. If he goes back to being a racist shithead they aren't going to drop an article that is nothing but his contact info. He would actually need to do something newsworthy to ever be mentioned again.

modedit:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jul 5, 2017

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Mr. Nice! posted:

Are you talking about the Fraud allegations against Bernie's wife, that later turned out to be hearsay by a GOP Trump Supporter in the Vermont House?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/source-...source=facebook

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CommieGIR posted:

Are you talking about the Fraud allegations against Bernie's wife, that later turned out to be hearsay by a GOP Trump Supporter in the Vermont House?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/source-...source=facebook

So his wife didn't run a "for profit" college?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

MazelTovCocktail posted:

So his wife didn't run a "for profit" college?

True, they are all frauds.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

modedit:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice

oh no not ironic punishment

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FYTc55nGEI

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
A news company reported on the vile acts of a private citizen? Sacre bleu! it's time for the terror to reign again!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Jesus christ guys I saw 130 posts and figured war had broken out or something

Let it goooooo

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I was waiting for the end of the conversation where people talk about ending the conversation after it ended and are almost as insufferable as the conversation

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

So if they can hit Anchorage, actually hitting something like Seattle or Portland doesn't seem all that farfetched in the near future. Well poo poo

bengy81
May 8, 2010
So I'm glad at least that most states told the Voter fraud commission to go tuck itself. Makes me feel a little better about recent events.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

bengy81 posted:

So I'm glad at least that most states told the Voter fraud commission to go tuck itself. Makes me feel a little better about recent events.

The fact that several red states had the thought of "Wait a minute, if we send this data up and a Democrat takes office..." does not redeem them.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

redneck nazgul posted:

The fact that several red states had the thought of "Wait a minute, if we send this data up and a Democrat takes office..." does not redeem them.

Eh in these times pragmatism is at least a decent start

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
States Rights > Strong Daddy, I guess.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

bengy81 posted:

Of course my state (Michigan) decided to go along with it :cripes:

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

New CE thread. Go post there.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
I'm reopening this. Whichever version of the CE thread develops a more entertaining detail determines the outcome. If this thread wins, Cole lives and Genocide Tendency gets probated. If the other thread wins, Cole gets probated and Genocide Tendency lives.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Zeris posted:

I'm reopening this. Whichever version of the CE thread develops a more entertaining detail determines the outcome. If this thread wins, Cole lives and Genocide Tendency gets probated. If the other thread wins, Cole gets probated and Genocide Tendency lives.

I just think that every single American's second amendment right to privacy should be respected, even if they espouse quote-unquote "unsavory" or "fringe" (read: unpopular) white supremacist opinions; and this sort of hand-wringing by the liberal thought police is exactly why Donald Trump won the election.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

at the date posted:

I just think that every single American's second amendment right to privacy should be respected, even if they espouse quote-unquote "unsavory" or "fringe" (read: unpopular) white supremacist opinions; and this sort of hand-wringing by the liberal thought police is exactly why Donald Trump won the election.

no its not

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Counterpoint: ~+~+~+~+~+~fartz~+~+~+~+~+~

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Have you come completely uncoupled from the reality of 2017, you unbelievable cretin??? Yes, it is. Please leave your bubble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
hey maybe just because thats why you think something happened, doesnt mean its true. you always get laughed out of this thread so why dont you get a headstart now

• Locked thread