Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
July 2019 Current Events: loving DLA backordered my space suit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Can you ejaculate in zero G?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Can you ejaculate in zero G?

Of course you can. The question is, if you get stuck outside a spacecraft and your suit loses propulsion, can you use the force of your ejaculate to propel yourself back to the spacecraft?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Nice

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/881503147168071680

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

After my brain rebooted, I was curious if that gif was taxpayer funded or not.

He got it from reddit, it was posted four days ago. https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/881506511586902021

My brain crashed again.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i loving love twitter

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
They retweeted it from @POTUS :suicide:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
That's a stupid loving video but given it's 2017, not exceptional in any way. Media is play-fainting harder than some world cup athletes.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I think the stunner (heh) is that the goddamned President of the United States tweeted it.

It's not that surprising given the past couple of years, but a little.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
The gently caress is "play-fainting"

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Duzzy Funlop posted:

The gently caress is "play-fainting"

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

trump...tweeted?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
lets all behonest with ourselves. if it was any other country we would think its the funniest poo poo ever.

i think its the funniest poo poo ever anyway.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

facialimpediment posted:

After my brain rebooted, I was curious if that gif was taxpayer funded or not.

He got it from reddit, it was posted four days ago. https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/881506511586902021

My brain crashed again.

Remember when Obama said something mildly critical of how Fox News slanted their journalism and right wing media wouldn't shut up about how persecuted they were by the powerful vindictive president for like 6 years?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
That was a totally different situation. There was a clear contrast there. A black and white difference, if you will.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Homeland Security dude's face is priceless in realtime: https://twitter.com/ThisWeekABC/status/881510219121016832

And the sourcing on this is very light, but Turtleman seems to be requesting a new healthcare CBO score with and without Zodiac Killer modifications. https://www.axios.com/senate-asks-for-cbo-score-with-without-cruz-proposal-2451585212.html

This CNN thing doesn't appear to be part of some grand distraction plan as the White House is seriously pushing the media bullshit. I think McConnell is desperate to find some kind of good news somewhere in a new CBO score or officially kill off Cruz's proposal.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Zeris posted:

That's a stupid loving video but given it's 2017, not exceptional in any way. Media is play-fainting harder than some world cup athletes.
See thread:
https://twitter.com/RadioFreeTom/status/881546248699904000

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Someone please keep an eye on Alex Jones when he finds out about this Hamptons party guestlist: https://twitter.com/Hadas_Gold/status/881551179259539456

That party was filled with a bunch of important Trump people, then you throw in Soros, Spielberg, Schumer, a bunch of media types, and one of the Koch brothers? There's enough material in that one paragraph to fill InfoWars for a week.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

"This is a 71 year old man, supposedly Leader of the Free World and our Commander in Chief, occupying his time like a teenage shitposter"

That's all you need to say. There is nothing more to this story and the loving pearl-clutching surrounding it is so ridiculous. But hey, keep tut-tutting his immature rants because SURELY someone out there cares.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009

Deathy McDeath posted:

There is nothing more to this story and the loving pearl-clutching surrounding it is so ridiculous.
Yeah, if he was just somebody's demented granddad screaming into the wind. This is the loving president of the United States.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
He doesn't know how to be presidential because he has never had to be anything besides Donald J. Trump in his entire life. The way he acts around investors, clients and senators is the same as he does around his wife, kids, and Russian prostitutes. That's what being wealthy affords you.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
guys calm down he's just the president of the united states what is the big deal?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

facialimpediment posted:

Someone please keep an eye on Alex Jones when he finds out about this Hamptons party guestlist: https://twitter.com/Hadas_Gold/status/881551179259539456

That party was filled with a bunch of important Trump people, then you throw in Soros, Spielberg, Schumer, a bunch of media types, and one of the Koch brothers? There's enough material in that one paragraph to fill InfoWars for a week.

Two sides of the same lovely coin

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I would prefer Zaphod Beeblebrox

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

About a year ago, I remember reading a review someone wrote of Art of the Deal. One part of their reaction was becoming convinced that the practice of Real Estate Development is pure bullshitting. Essentially, architects only want to bother designing a building if they know what the construction permit allows, the government wants you to specify a construction company the permit will apply to, the construction companies want the money up front, banks will only loan it to you if you can prove the building has renters, and renters will only sign up if they like the look of the plans the architects won't give you. The developer's job is to tell these different parties whatever it takes to get them to meet in the middle, and honest and open negotiations don't work as well as wheedling and blustering.

I've been thinking about that a lot for the past few months.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Doc Hawkins posted:

About a year ago, I remember reading a review someone wrote of Art of the Deal. One part of their reaction was becoming convinced that the practice of Real Estate Development is pure bullshitting. Essentially, architects only want to bother designing a building if they know what the construction permit allows, the government wants you to specify a construction company the permit will apply to, the construction companies want the money up front, banks will only loan it to you if you can prove the building has renters, and renters will only sign up if they like the look of the plans the architects won't give you. The developer's job is to tell these different parties whatever it takes to get them to meet in the middle, and honest and open negotiations don't work as well as wheedling and blustering.

I've been thinking about that a lot for the past few months.

Pls let us know your conclusions when they surface ~tia

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Zeris posted:

Pls let us know your conclusions when they surface ~tia

Dog, Thomas Jefferson figured this one out in 1785.

quote:

Nothing is so mistaken as the supposition, that a person is to extricate himself from a difficulty, by intrigue, by chicanery, by dissimulation, by trimming, by an untruth, by an injustice. This increases the difficulties ten fold; and those who pursue these methods, get themselves so involved at length, that they can turn no way but their infamy becomes more exposed. It is of great importance to set a resolution, not to be shaken, never to tell an untruth. There is no vice so mean, so pitiful, so contemptible; and he who permits himself to tell a lie once, finds it much easier to do it a second and third time, till at length it becomes habitual; he tells lies without attending to it, and truths without the world's believing him. This falsehood of the tongue leads to that of the heart, and in time depraves all its good dispositions.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

We crossed the non-presidential President threshold a while ago. Maybe we should direct our energy to something more productive than outrage circlerjerks

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Piell posted:

Of course you can. The question is, if you get stuck outside a spacecraft and your suit loses propulsion, can you use the force of your ejaculate to propel yourself back to the spacecraft?

Probably, yes.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Asstronauts can't but cockmonauts usually succeed

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

America in 2017 is a corrupt Russian Piss Puppet running our country and people's main reaction is "he tweeted WHAT"

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
And there it is - it's officially been Normalized.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I get that people are feeling attrition and annoyance from the dumb poo poo does, but if my country shits the bed in our election with complete disinterest and imposes consequences on the rest on the planet, I don't think I'd deserve a break from being reminded how loving retarded a thing my country did every drat day.
At the very least, this would be for the sake of dumb poo poo like that never happening again.

And I genuinely don't mean that aimed at the discourse on here specifically. It stems more from college kids in school last semester going "Ugh, don't remind me of Trump" or "Ugh, will you stop talking about Trump" like two weeks after the election. And my reaction was pretty much "Nope, you don't get to not be reminded of this."

Apologies for :godwin:ning, but it's a similar issue - albeit on a massively different magnitude - whenever there's some dumb group/celebrity/pundit in Germany guardedly saying "Listen, it's been close to a hundred years, I didn't take part in the holocaust, neither did my dad, can we finally stop being guilt-tripped into responsibility?", and the correct answer is "No, you loving don't. Shut the gently caress up and have another class on the holocaust."

Yeah, yeah, again, I know this isn't aimed at GiP, but the if most powerful nation on the planet shits the bed not once, but twice in the new millennium in terms of its political developments being an absolute laughingstock, I don't feel like anyone should get a pass, especially not those that sat it out, or "voted their consciousness" or whatever mental gymnastics third party voters talk themselves into.

Relatedly: I recall a lot of us in here saying they can't wait for a movie about the 2016 election a la "Game Change", but I just found out about "The Circus", and holy loving lol...Jeb!

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Welp. What a loving rant :cripes:

I also kinda misread that as shutting up about Trump, not just his Twitter

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I need daily, low energy outlets for my rage against agent orange. The bigger stuff must be done by big groups and elections, which are slow and ponderous responses. We're seeing the public rage on social media driving some of the bigger forces, but there won't be results for many many months. So in the meantime I will continue to point out how incredibly dumb the president is on the daily.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

This is why i made a trump thread.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Mr. Nice! posted:

This is why i made a trump thread.

That's for "Trump and co are crooks and here is potential evidence"

This is just daily current events of "The president is a man baby examples"

On is theoretical and has potential. The other isnreal right now and we're living through it.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-syria-currency-idUSKBN19N0MD

For around $4 USD you can now get a 2000 Syrian Pound note with Bashar al-Assad's face on it so that you can commemorate the man responsible for an ongoing civil war I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Internet Wizard posted:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-syria-currency-idUSKBN19N0MD

For around $4 USD you can now get a 2000 Syrian Pound note with Bashar al-Assad's face on it so that you can commemorate the man responsible for an ongoing civil war I guess

But no money has Obama's face on it?

• Locked thread