Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

my favorite thing about mgs2 for the moment is how kojima, whos like a world famous obsessively detail-oriented simulation director, is basically mocking the notion of simulations as a useful quasi utopian tool, and he's more interested in their power to manipulate, delude, and draw out irony. like for all the poo poo he gets about being megalomaniacal, he does seem on the lookout to self critique and undercut himself all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Spoderman posted:

that was TAPPY who stole it, harry gregson williams didn't come on until MGS 2

oh yeah duh i should've known that cause hgw was still a hans zimmer intern during mgs1

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Zas posted:

my favorite thing about mgs2 for the moment is how kojima, whos like a world famous obsessively detail-oriented simulation director, is basically mocking the notion of simulations as a useful quasi utopian tool, and he's more interested in their power to manipulate, delude, and draw out irony. like for all the poo poo he gets about being megalomaniacal, he does seem on the lookout to self critique and undercut himself all the time

Same, but my favorite thing is falling in bird poopy and getting pee-peed on

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

slipping on the poop ftw

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Same, but my favorite thing is falling in bird poopy and getting pee-peed on

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

In Training posted:

It's that time of year again folks...Metal Gear July. This year I wanted to play the first 3 solid games on original hardware, because my only exposure has been the PS3 collection. I started MGS2 last night...it looks basically the exact same, insanely impressive. I found out that you can use locker doors for cover, I never knew about that

In 2000 a gaming magazine came with a VHS trailer for MGS2 and I kept watching it over and over and like 90% of the trailer was fake and never in the game because they couldnt get the water physics right for the tanker and they wanted to hide Raiden

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Also I talked about this before but for an English class I had to write an essay citing academic sources and I used the last hour of MGS2 which I had memorized because I played it so often and cited like lines from Roy Campbell about the overload of trash information (fake news in 2001 Kojima is a prophet as usual)

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

My teacher said that this "Kojima" person was ripping off his ideas from Emerson though

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

My teacher said that this "Kojima" person was ripping off his ideas from Emerson though

Yeah Hunt Emerson mostly.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I Think about some aspect of Metal Gear Rising Revengeance every day.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm watching Independence Day (original) and there's a scene where they're jumping between different countries Air Force while orders are disseminating and the RAF British guy is definitely the guy who did the voice for Major Zero in MGS3

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

In Training posted:

I'm watching Independence Day (original) and there's a scene where they're jumping between different countries Air Force while orders are disseminating and the RAF British guy is definitely the guy who did the voice for Major Zero in MGS3

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

He was also the guy commentating with Fred Willard in Best in Show

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

He was also the guy commentating with Fred Willard in Best in Show

Listen up Snake, this is a Short Haired Pomeranian. She'll be strutting her stuff on the main- What? What do you mean "how does it taste?"

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Listen up Snake, this is a Short Haired Pomeranian. She'll be strutting her stuff on the main- What? What do you mean "how does it taste?"

lmao

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

In Training posted:

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

I Think about some aspect of Metal Gear Rising Revengeance every day.

im probably going to replay this sometjme before the month's out. such an amazing game

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mycophobia posted:

im probably going to replay this sometjme before the month's out. such an amazing game
I replay it like three times a year but it's two hours long so that's not really that notable

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

You can play as Ocelot in MGSV now, but only in the FOB missions. Konami for the freaking win!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

You can play as Ocelot in MGSV now, but only in the FOB missions. Konami for the freaking win!

Can you do the hand thing?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

lol but that's cool and I'm guessing someone will mod it into the full game soon

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Jerry Cotton posted:

Can you do the hand thing?
I don't think so, but he can reload while drawing.

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012
you can play ocelot in online! with ricochet shots and everything. wish there were more players on pc

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm watching escape from New York which is the first piece of media with Solid Snake in it

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

In Training posted:

I'm watching escape from New York which is the first piece of media with Solid Snake in it

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://a.pomf.cat/vbbtwu.webm

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
https://twitter.com/therealcliffyb/status/910865693985271812

https://twitter.com/hideo_kojima_en/status/910999940435869696

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Otacon: I want to ask you. Do you think love can bloom, even on a battlefield?
Snake: That's my friend Otacon

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Sub-Actuality posted:

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sub-Actuality posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sub-Actuality posted:

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Virgin Cliffy B/The Chad Kojima

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Sub-Actuality posted:

Lol

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

Didn't terminator come out before that

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pablo Gigante posted:

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Pablo Gigante posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
If for some reason you don't own MGS V yet, it is one of the PS+ games for October.

• Locked thread