Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Did one of the judges really score that 77-75 for Mosley?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Announcer makes a good joke about the sombrero, everybody laughs, announcer repeats the joke and stomps all over it explaining it.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

CarlCX posted:

Like Pac clearly won but if you wanted to talk a close decision I'd be willing to talk, 117-111 is loving impossible and that judge should be locked up.

This exactly.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Horn definitely deserves a ton of credit but the decision is completely loving ridiculous.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

woozy pawsies posted:

Can someone attempt to justify horn winning?

Pacquiao got in a lot of opportunistic punches, but they might not have had that much power. Horn was aggressive for most of the match, and Pacquiao mostly reacted by retreating or tying him up; that shows skill and strategy, but skill and strategy don't directly count for anything. There was a lot of ineffective aggression from Horn which chewed up a lot of time, so most of the rounds only had a few exchanges with much contact. A judge who decided those exchanges were overall inconclusive might give the advantage to the more aggressive boxer. Decide that most of the rounds were inconclusive and you've probably given the bout to Horn.

I mean, that's not how I saw it, but that's because I thought Pacquiao came out ahead on more of those exchanges; I had the fight 115-112, and I thought that was maybe being a little too generous to Horn.

• Locked thread